Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Greetings from J & G, on our quest for unification in the UK

Hi everyone,

My name is Julian, and am happy to join these forums today. I'm a young Canadian / Hungarian guy who previously worked in the Philippines for 2 years, during which point I fell in love with a lovely young lady named Gloria. Marunong din ako mag-Tagalog! I recently accepted a new job here in London though, before we were able to get married, due to money previously being tight. So here I sit now in London, in a nice new job, but without the woman I love, and nearly a year away from being able to return on my holiday time! Every time we get separated like this, it gets more and more difficult and I really hate how onerous and stressful the immigration process is for legitimately married couples! (though I'm lucky that I'm not trying to bring her to my home country of Canada right now, as it is even worse!!) - Nevertheless, that is what brings me here, to begin my careful planning for the various things that need to happen to allow her to join me here in the UK: marriage, getting her passport and other documents, sponsoring her on an EEA family permit, and, when she arrives, helping her find a nearby Filipino community for emotional, culinary and career support!

I look forward to meeting you all and reading through all the relevant existing posts on the forum, plus hopefully posing some questions of my own.

Salamat!

J & G

Hi J&G, welcome here to the forum.
    Many of us here fully understand the challenges of long-distance realtionships.

With regards to immigration, you'll find yourself in a very much better position as an EEA-National than UK citizens.
    Having said that, you'll still need to do some work though.

As an EEA-National your non-EEA family members who have the right of residence in the UK are:-
    - your husband, wife or civil partner
    - your children or grandchildren (or the children or grandchildren of your husband, wife or civil partner) who are under 21 years of age or are dependent on you
    - the parents or grandparents of you and your husband, wife or civil partner, if they are dependent on you.

If you and your partner are not married or in a civil partnership, you must be able to show that you are in a 'durable relationship' with each other.

So here we go with another vague description that calls for spade-loads of discretion from the ECO's

Take a look here under EUN2.11 to see just what that 'durable relationship' means to UKBA

You'll notice the last line of the above link states ".....Factors to be considered here are those set out at EUN2.7."
    You can see just what EUN2.7 says by clicking this link here to EUN2.7

Just food for thought.
    Apart from that challenge, it should be 'plain sailing' to have your mahal join you here, and importantly cost-free

Good luck

Hi Terpe,

Greetings and thanks for the immediate info! Yes, I'm aware that it is definitely easier, though I also don't want to leave anything to chance. - We will definitely marry first and I will attempt to submit as much supplementary documentation as necessary to give ourselves the best chance of success!

My biggest issue will be timing - I will need to try and figure out how/whether it is possible to accomplish most of the necessary steps in a 5-week period (i.e. my vacation time). The 10-day marriage rule will be a killer in this regard, and I hear that getting the NSO marriage certificate post-wedding can also be a lengthy process (not to mention the visa wait time!).

Anyways, I won't overburden the introduction forum with these questions just yet! I will first read through what has already been discussed before coming back to the appropriate forums with more specific strategic questions!

Salamat!

J & G

Hello, Julian ... to you & Gloria.

Yes, I have heard that Canadian Immigration Laws are even tougher than ours - with delays of up to 12 months' in some cases, for visas to be processed.

Thankfully, those rules won't apply to you or your fiancee since you're settling in the UK, and I wish you both goodluck with your plans.

Quote Originally Posted by J&G View Post
    .......I hear that getting the NSO marriage certificate post-wedding can also be a lengthy process (not to mention the visa wait time!)....
    This forum thread called Advance Endorsement Birth ,Marriage and Death Certificate may be helpful in connection with that

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hello J & G

Life can be very difficult at time, unfortunately all the good things in life do not come overnight. I experianced many problems coming over to Europe, things got so bad with consent rejections and things put in our way that in the end we to legal advice from an immigration lawyer who took up our case and immediatly doors opened.
    I am not recommending this by any way but having someone on your side that really understands how to handle difficult situations very quickly like this can very much reduce the stress levels.

Thanks for all the greetings!

Just one question - I posted a couple of messages on other threads in this 'Introduction' forum a few days ago, but they have not appeared yet. How long does it usually take for newbie posts to get approved?

Cheers,

J&G

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G View Post
    Thanks for all the greetings!

Just one question - I posted a couple of messages on other threads in this 'Introduction' forum a few days ago, but they have not appeared yet. How long does it usually take for newbie posts to get approved?

Cheers,

J&G
    Hi J&G!

I just approved your posts in the other threads. Sorry for that.

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thread Information