Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissy_uk View Post
    Thanks for the input

Just looking in Appendix FM-SE on the UKBA website it states:

Does the "date of application" refer to the date of payment or the date of submission of the actual forms and supporting documents at VFS?
    In your case it's the date when the application fee is paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    In your case it's the date when the application fee is paid.
    Thanks Terpe

If this is the case then I should be OK with submitting my last bank statement and payslip that tie up together. According to Appendix FM-SE as I quoted, it's the date of the most recent piece of evidence that must be dated no earlier than 28 days from the application.

Given that my monthly bank statements are dated 10 days after the payslip to which they correspond, then the most recent piece of evidence will always be the bank statement, so as long as that is dated for the period ending no more than 28 days prior to the application then that's acceptable right?

As an example:
    Recent payslip: Dated 25th May
    Recent bank statement: Dated from previous period in May until 5th June, but not received until 15th June
    DHL'd documents to wife: Received 18th June
    Payment for VISA application: 19th June
    Submission at VFS: 27th June

I know I may have exaggerated some of the timescales above, but if the key gap is that between payment of the VISA application (19th) and the bank statement end date (5th) being less than 28 days, then this should be fine?

Thanks Terpe

If this is the case then I should be OK with submitting my last bank statement and payslip that tie up together. According to Appendix FM-SE as I quoted, it's the date of the most recent piece of evidence that must be dated no earlier than 28 days from the application.
    Any piece of evidence, (or the most recently dated part of that evidence) covering a period up to date of application must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.
    Pedantic I know, but it's not limited to the just most recent single piece of evidence.

...so as long as that is dated for the period ending no more than 28 days prior to the application then that's acceptable right?
    Right.

As an example:
    Recent payslip: Dated 25th May
    Recent bank statement: Dated from previous period in May until 5th June, but not received until 15th June
    DHL'd documents to wife: Received 18th June
    Payment for VISA application: 19th June
    Submission at VFS: 27th June

I know I may have exaggerated some of the timescales above, but if the key gap is that between payment of the VISA application (19th) and the bank statement end date (5th) being less than 28 days, then this should be fine?
    Yes.
    At the date of application (payment on 19th June) there's no latest documentary evidence available.

Thanks again Terpe.

I guess I just need to make sure the financial evidence (latest payslip and corresponding bank statement) fall within the 28 days prior to payment and that should be enough.

Given it's based on payment date and not submission date, all should be fine

Hi guys.
    This is really good information! My Angeline will apply in September after our wedidng and my last pay last pay slip / bank statement sent on 10th August.. which must arrive before 10th august and my love apply before that date. Great information and a real help to us. I am making a long list of all documents required by us both and also a time scale of events to guide us.
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Thanks again Terpe.

I guess I just need to make sure the financial evidence (latest payslip and corresponding bank statement) fall within the 28 days prior to payment and that should be enough.

Given it's based on payment date and not submission date, all should be fine
    Yep

Just to help your 'double-checking' see this UKBA page

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click open the information header for "What is the date of your application if you are applying from outside the UK?"

Ah, thanks Terpe, that's what I was looking for

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    Hi guys.
    This is really good information! My Angeline will apply in September after our wedidng and my last pay last pay slip / bank statement sent on 10th August.. which must arrive before 10th august and my love apply before that date. Great information and a real help to us. I am making a long list of all documents required by us both and also a time scale of events to guide us.
    I've done the same and made a list of documents - a rather long list - and then adding a column for notes/status updates on which documents I have, which ones I still need etc. One other thing you may want to do is keep a scan of all the documents you will submit so you have electronic copies of everything. At least then you don't have to have physical copies if you need to print more.

Both you guys have got it spot on
    The more risks you eliminate, the less reasons there are for refusal.
    Don't give the ECO any choice other than to grant that visa.

Well done to both for your efforts.
    Your journey will be a big help to those who are following you.

Cheers Terpe

Doing all I can to make sure things go smoothly with the application, but still stressing somewhat about getting all my documents out there quickly.

Some well known couriers have quoted 7 - 10 working days to get the documents from UK to my wife, but I can't believe it should take that long.

In any case it's looking likely that the timescale I provided as an example is becoming a reality.

If making payment for the application before my most recent payslip and bank statement are more than 28 days old is all I need to do, is there actually a time limit between making payment and submitting all the documents? If anyone has an idea, please let me know, thanks!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Both you guys have got it spot on
    The more risks you eliminate, the less reasons there are for refusal.
    Don't give the ECO any choice other than to grant that visa.

Well done to both for your efforts.
    Your journey will be a big help to those who are following you.
    This has been a typical example of the need of your knowledge again Peter, these two guys were really great at helping each other with whatever was required and I applause them sincerely. So don't ever retire from this forum Peter because you tied up the loose ends beautifully, well done!

Respected Member
    Cheers Terpe

Doing all I can to make sure things go smoothly with the application, but still stressing somewhat about getting all my documents out there quickly.

Some well known couriers have quoted 7 - 10 working days to get the documents from UK to my wife, but I can't believe it should take that long.

In any case it's looking likely that the timescale I provided as an example is becoming a reality.

If making payment for the application before my most recent payslip and bank statement are more than 28 days old is all I need to do, is there actually a time limit between making payment and submitting all the documents? If anyone has an idea, please let me know, thanks!
    We sent our documents via DHL Document Express and they arrived within 2 working days. It was a very fast service.

As for the question about the time limit between making payment and submitting the documents, from what I can recall yes there was a time limit but I do not know how long it is.

I have just checked a copy of my wifes application form and there is a section which reads:
    "I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT MY VISA APPLICATION FEE WILL BE REFUNDED ONLY IF
    THE APPLICATION IS WITHDRAWN IN WRITING WITHIN 3 MONTHS AND 7 DAYS OF THE ORIGINAL DATE OF APPLICATION AND PRIOR
    TO THE SUBMISSION OF BIOMETRIC DATA OR ANY PROCESSING TAKING PLACE."

To find out the time limit, try emailing VFS: info.ukph@vfshelpline.com

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
    We sent our documents via DHL Document Express and they arrived within 2 working days. It was a very fast service.
    I phoned DHL and they quoted me 7 working days; FedEx quoted 8 working days

Originally I planned to send all my documents to my wife and once she received them make payment for the application. The problem with this is that by the time she receives them, I would be approaching the date my next payslip is due.

It's looking likely I will have to pay for the application before or on the day I send the documents to avoid the latest documents I include from being issued more than 28 days prior to the date of the application and heaven forbid the courier loses all of my documents!

Respected Member
    I think they also quoted me 7 days. In reality it was much quicker than that.

I phoned DHL and they quoted me 7 working days; FedEx quoted 8 working days

Originally I planned to send all my documents to my wife and once she received them make payment for the application. The problem with this is that by the time she receives them, I would be approaching the date my next payslip is due.

It's looking likely I will have to pay for the application before or on the day I send the documents to avoid the latest documents I include from being issued more than 28 days prior to the date of the application and heaven forbid the courier loses all of my documents!

7 days sounds about right.I have had stuff arrive there after 6 but on 90% of occasions its been the 7

Any piece of evidence, (or the most recently dated part of that evidence) covering a period up to date of application must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.
    Pedantic I know, but it's not limited to the just most recent single piece of evidence.

Is this applied also to the Savings account statements also???
    Last edited by Terpe; 14th June 2013 at 14:40. Reason: tidy up quote

Quote Originally Posted by elve_page View Post
    Is this applied also to the Savings account statements also???
    Are you intending to use savings in support of a shortfall in the earnings ?

Does the "date of application" refer to the date of payment or the date of submission of the actual forms and supporting documents at VFS?
    Ahah! I've just asked the very same question myself on a new thread Chrissy. Like you, my bank statements will be past 28 days by the time wife goes to VFS - but we have already paid and submitted online...now wondering if to wait for next statement or what...

Quote Originally Posted by brocky View Post
    Ahah! I've just asked the very same question myself on a new thread Chrissy. Like you, my bank statements will be past 28 days by the time wife goes to VFS - but we have already paid and submitted online...now wondering if to wait for next statement or what...
    I realise I joined this a bit late (due to my hols) but you need to take extreme care here with your key documents and bank statements etc.
    UKBA get very very crusty about key documentary evidence older than 28 days.

My advice is to check and double check. Why take any risks at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information