Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Trusted Member

Any IT experts ?

Dear Technical Support,

18 months ago, I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from DrinkingMates 4.2, which I had used for years without any trouble. However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products and the only solution was to try and run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off.

To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatible with several other applications, such as LadsNightOut 3.1, Football 4.5, and Playboy 6.9. Successive versions of GirlFriend proved no better.

I tried a shareware program, Slapper 2.1, but it had many bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks. Eventually, I tried to run GirlFriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems detected each other they caused severe damage to my hardware.

I eventually upgraded to Fiancée 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded further to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSexPlus and Cleanhouse2005.

Shortly after this upgrade, however, I found that Wife 1.0 could be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's memory and could not be deleted. They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them. Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and E-mail filter, and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop and Multi-Whinge. These latter products have no Help files, and I have to try to guess what the problem is. Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring ShoeShop Browser for new attachments and Hairstyle Express which needs to be reinstalled every other week. Also, when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Saab93 Convertible hard drive, it often crashes. Wife 1.0 also comes with an irritating pop-up called MotherInLaw, which can't be turned off.

Recently I've been tempted to install Mistress 2005, but I've been told there could be problems. A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2005, it tends to delete all of your Money before uninstalling itself.

Any advice would be helpful, many thanks.

good un

Well Graham, I'd advise doing a clean install of girlfriend 2.0 within a virtual Machine.
    That way you could run girlfriend 1.0 and girlfriend 2.0 at the same time without any risk of entry point and data system conflicts.
    Especially if you're using laplink 3.5.

Once you've decided which one to finally go with then it's easier and safer to consider an upgrade to wife 1.0 after installing the Marriage 2.1 add-on.

Of course before the final upgrade to wife 1.0 has been made you really MUST be sure to immediately unistall the obsolete girlfriend.
    It's well known and well documented that running any version of girlfriend and wife on the same system can cause unexpected logic errors and risks overloads of the front-end processor.

There's plenty of sound advice on how to significantly upgrade your hardware and firmware to accommodate the Wife and Marriage's requirements.
    In order to safeguard your load modules you might consider the use of surge protectors and an increase in your bandwidth to meet the new capacity needs.

Probably you'll need a clean re-install of wonga 6.9 as this would be a big help to avoid overloaded system capabilities.
    This is especially needed if any plug-ins such as In-Laws 42.0 get installed.

Trusted Member

Great cumback, workaround and update Peter.

Thread Information