Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Departing the Phils - So excited!

Hi my spouse finally got her passport back with the visa in. Everythings checked and double checked and flight booked for 23rd April. I cant wait as we have been apart for 7 months and although i spent 6 weeks with her last year it was arranging our civil partnership at the British embassy, so after all that and the time it takes we was only together 9 days as a married couple.

But all changing soon!

My question is, when she departs what do we need to do. I have sent money for the coach to manila, the flight is booked, the additional money to collect the cfo sticker as already done seminar when handing docs in for application of visa. I understand there is a 550php fee at airport and another 1620php for something else.

We applied before the requirement to do the tb xray but we already had it done prior as a just in case before it was compulsory. Im arranging with her with docs she will need to carry whilst travelling but is there anything you think I may of missed?

Clean and tidy the house

Buy a bag of rice and a rice cooker
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

May I suggest provision of some extra cash for anything needed during the long trip, especially drinks/snacks at any stop over. She can get 'stop-over' currency at the bank.

Also, have you considered making sure than cell phones have full roaming capability and are paid up. Maybe a new sim
    as she may want/need to contact you (or family) at stop-over or at arrival in UK.
    It's possible with a Smart Card to set up for Roaming (provided kept in required balance) calls/texts can be made from Philippines at local Peso rates.

A list of important contact numbers.

Based on the details you provided, + the answers above by forum members, Jlsandi, think shes all set to go

Respected Member
    Congratulations Jisandi, I've started a similar thread myself as we are in the same position.

How did you pay for the flight? If its on one of your cards then your wife will need a letter of authorisation from you else she wont be able to fly, which happened to a friend of mine. The P1620 is for travel tax. Good luck.

Congratulations both of you JLsandi
    Always look on the bright side of life

Congrats to you both! I can't wait until G and I are hopefully in the same situation in a year's time

Don't forget to bring her some warm clothes for when she arrives! You wouldn't want your mahal to freeze on the ride home!

J & G

Thankyou everyone, Im just so excited and been busy making sure house is sorted. I've brought a coat and hat and anything else needed to keep her warm and shopping trip planned for more clothes. I've played cautious and booked a hotel for when she goes to get the cfo sticker and allowed 2 days for this in case there could be probs, (playing safe here)

I cant think of any else we may need. Oh I booked the flight through a travel comp and it with Air China. I did phone them to confirm and they said she wont need verification of card, however I have emailed it to her and advised I wanted it noted there should be no probs. Only 15 more days till shes here and I cant wait, 7 month apart have been hard and so much to catch up on and sightseeing to do. Already have the harry potter tour booked and also dinner and theater. She'll soon realize that England's not like Harry Potter lol and I find her fascination kinda cute.

All that left is to find her some fellow Filipino's so she has someone to talk/relate to. Anyone near Staines here?

Oh and is anyone going to the Barrio Fiesta, would be lovely to finally put faces to names.

Thread Information