Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

How do you demonstrate your intention to get married?

Hi All,

My fiancee and i are just about to start the visa process and we are currently getting all our requirements together for the application.

All the information i have read says that u need to demonstrate your intention to get married within basically 6 months of arriving in the UK.

Can anybody offer any advice on how this can be done please?

Regards
    Gavin

UKBA don't say much about this but anyway for completeness here's what they do say - What evidence is required of marriage arrangements?

Yes, I agree not very helpful.

To be honest it's very closely connected to the relationship itself and if the ECO believes it's genuine and subsisting
    If they believe the relationship is genuine then they usually believe a marriage will take place.

Of itself, any kind booking at a Register Office or church is not proof that a marriage will take place.
    However the ECO can reasonably expect that couple will have made some tentative plans for the wedding.
    Any evidence at all, however small, that's available to show that wedding arrangements have been discussed / shared or are in hand will help in this respect.

Think about including any facebook messages, e-mails or texts that specifically refer to wedding plans:-

- Where and when
    - Rings, dress, cake, catering, reception
    - Guests, invitations
    - Any quotations relating to wedding arrangements (just demonstrates that the couple have some intention)
    Also try to establish a communication chain between you and the registry office inquiring about setting a wedding date.
    Give them when you intend to get married and they will tell you that you both physically have to be there to set a date.
    Reply back for instructions and info and they will email you back a price list and what you have to do. Could all be done by e-mail

Hope this gives some ideas for you

Hello there! I too, applied for a fiancee visa. As a proof for this, we supplied them:
    - our E-mail at Gloucestershire Registration Office and their reply to that e-mail when we inquire if we can possibly book a ceremony booking to get married there even if I am still in the Philippines. The Registry office supply as a provisional booking ceremony letter together with the receipt amounting to £25. We submitted 2 provisional Booking letter because we need to change the date of the wedding, it is free of charge anyway.
    - on our YM chats, I highlighted all our conversations with regards to our wedding plans.I explained that to my supporting letter, thinking it will be an easy reference for them and to satisfy them that our relationship is genuine and that we had plans of getting married.

Here's the link of my thread when I got my visa:
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....!!!?highlight=

I hope it helps

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Thanks Terpe.

Thats helped a lot. Nice to know we basically only need to show that we are serious about marriage and not have definitive proof.

Hi, with us I was also worried how to "prove intent to marry" so I booked and paid a deposit for the after dinner meal at a hotel (£250) and send the confirmation letter and credit card receipt, also all the e-mails between registry office and me along with some wedding invites we had made by an on line printer (the ones that print business cards and stuff) with all that they granted our visa in 28 days!
    Good Luck!

Banned
    book a wedding say 4 months after she gets here, but dont rush in to it, as i have seen many who have the 4 years latter devoice,as a lot of them girls change big time, they start to think they are rich and look down at other Filipinos, its sick to see also a lot start to dress like tarts with no class,thats a joke to see but they think they are sexy,lol, then they start to talk behind each other back,as one may have more then the other,, But if you got a good girl you have GOLD,remember lots of dog fish in the sea, But very few salmon,

Quote Originally Posted by stevecebu View Post
    book a wedding say 4 months after she gets here, but dont rush in to it, as i have seen many who have the 4 years latter devoice,as a lot of them girls change big time, they start to think they are rich and look down at other Filipinos, its sick to see also a lot start to dress like tarts with no class,thats a joke to see but they think they are sexy,lol, then they start to talk behind each other back,as one may have more then the other,, But if you got a good girl you have GOLD,remember lots of dog fish in the sea, But very few salmon,
    Such a high respect for our filipina wives and girlfriends. time for you to disappear with your brainless drivel.

Please don't bother coming back. goodbye
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

It's hard to understand why such people bother to post that kind of nasty rude rubbish...
    What a plonker

wtf??
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

don't say that, you talking rubbish! i meet plenty Filipina friend here live in UK for 35 years and some 50 years, they are very kind and down to earth!
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

Gavin,

Whilst all the above posts give good solid advice and it would be wise to heed what has already been posted, however when we applied I gave them nothing concrete at all just an assurance that we would abide by the rules and marry within the specified timescale and that worked for us and we got the visa. There must therefore be an element of luck involved and of course all the other information u provide will weigh in your favour if the ECO feels the relationship is genuine, so submit as much written evidence as u can and i am sure you be rewarded with a successful outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    Gavin,

Whilst all the above posts give good solid advice and it would be wise to heed what has already been posted, however when we applied I gave them nothing concrete at all just an assurance that we would abide by the rules and marry within the specified timescale and that worked for us and we got the visa. There must therefore be an element of luck involved and of course all the other information u provide will weigh in your favour if the ECO feels the relationship is genuine, so submit as much written evidence as u can and i am sure you be rewarded with a successful outcome.
    The requirements are a little different these days.
    Of course it's not possible to prove an intention, and likewise no concrete evidence is actually possible. Even receipts for a wedding dress and ring do not prove an intention.
    But the caseworkers do not have discretion any more. Certain aspects need to be present.
    It's no longer a case of what an individual Caseworker feels. It's more a case of which boxes get ticked.

No offence intended, but it's far better to be compliant and to provide all the evidence possible than to suggest it's all down to luck and what the ECO feels. Minimise all risks by whatever possible.

Refusals are no longer down to a single individual's feeling. Thank goodness for that improvement at least.

Thread Information