Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

They think it's all over!

Blue moon my .... lol
    Bye bye City one hit wonders :-)

Trusted Member
    One of my favourite oldies.

Reminds me of scary 'Teddy Boys' when I was a little kid...but also makes me laugh.

To sum it up a lucky deflection won the game. The referee again played his part at old trafford. Denying Reading a blatant penalty. Maybe your the best in england but not the best in europe.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    To sum it up a lucky deflection won the game. The referee again played his part at old trafford. Denying Reading a blatant penalty. Maybe your the best in england but not the best in europe.
    Again Yes every game we have ever won is because the ref has helped us,of course people who choose to have this view forget to mention games where we have been clearly robbed.
    But yes we are the best team in England again and are the most successful top flight domestic team in England

But not the one that counts and that is the top team in europe. People dont talk about the games you were robbed in because we cant remember one .

But not the one that counts and that is the top team in europe. People dont talk about the games you were robbed in because we cant remember one .
    I take it you don't follow football Andy as if you did you would know any true football fan wants to win the premiership out of all the trophies.
    The reason for that is it's harder to win,The CL is a cup competition and as such can rely on luck to a greater degree.
    Of course we all want to win it but it's second on the list after the premiership for die hard football fans
    Anyway I know you love to wind me up and it's quite funny but I know I will be out getting hammered when we lift the trophy for the (record) 20th time

WE? Why les are you a season ticket holder?

No but used to be,been to old trafford hundreds of times,wembly 3 times and various other grounds,now I'm too busy and to some extent lazy to go.
    Thats why I have sky sports or even better go the pub with my mates to watch it

I do follow football les but have different views. Sometimes I think the game is a joke with the amount of money certain clubs have to spend. Thats why I always like it when the underdog wins. In my view it is not fair. Ok you can boast about how good united are but that does not paint a true picture with me. Give all clubs the same amount of money to spend and then we will see.

You can say that about all sports,give a f1 driver the fastest car,give a rugby club more funds,enable a golfer to get more financial backing
    List goes on,at the end of the day no-one has more money than man city so why they not won the league this season?

got to go to work Andy but here is one for you.
    Dont know who your team is but say if a rich Russian bought your club and heavily invested and made you top of the league,win cups etc would you be happy or say it's wrong
    Please be honest in your answer and if you say drew darlington in the fa cup final you would support the underdog.
    Sport is not fair,never has been never will thats life mate.

More of a case of Man City and Chelsea being poor this season is why Man Utd are so far ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    More of a case of Man City and Chelsea being poor this season is why Man Utd are so far ahead.
    no Van Persie is one of the main reasons
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    no Van Persie is one of the main reasons
    Van Persie has been great but I still think even with Hernandez up front they would have won the title due to the inconsistency of the other two.

Slightly off topic, but only slightly as it touches on the winning the league vs winning cup games thing, surely most people must have noticed that there's a "desirable order" for cup games?

The FA cup years ago used to be the glamour one, but it seems to have lost it's shine in recent years. It used to be "THE" cup final with themed tv shows, but not now as much.

Contrast this with the "League Cup" (known by many sponsorship names). It's a not well kept secret that it's thought of as a lesser competition, so the big names don't try too hard to win it, allowing minnows to sometimes collect it. You only need to look at the final this year (Bradford vs Swansea) to get the picture

Not gonna agree with you there Jamie,The reason Man utd are so far ahead is through consistency this season.
    After last season where we only just lost the title on goal diff everyone took the piss and wrote us off,big mistake the team came back stronger and of course Van persie being the master stroke.
    Did you know we have the most ever points at this stage of a season we have ever had,nothing city or anyone else can do about that.
    United have been fantastic in the league this season simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    got to go to work Andy but here is one for you.
    Dont know who your team is but say if a rich Russian bought your club and heavily invested and made you top of the league,win cups etc would you be happy or say it's wrong
    Please be honest in your answer and if you say drew darlington in the fa cup final you would support the underdog.
    Sport is not fair,never has been never will thats life mate.
    What a stupid question les. I would still have the same opinion. I will give you a clue to who I follow. When it was a fair league when you didnt have all that money the team I supported then (I say supported because I was a season ticket holder) wooped the ass off your team at old trafford and I was there. 5-3 remember it? 1978..I think money has spoiled the game. Personally I wouldnt pay £30 to go and watch a match. Another point I would argue is how can they say the premier league is the best league in the world when the best player in the world messi is playing in spain?

Its because their manager scares the out of referees. Lets see how they do when fergie isnt around.

What a stupid question les. I would still have the same opinion. I will give you a clue to who I follow. When it was a fair league when you didnt have all that money the team I supported then (I say supported because I was a season ticket holder) wooped the ass off your team at old trafford and I was there. 5-3 remember it? 1978..I think money has spoiled the game. Personally I wouldnt pay £30 to go and watch a match. Another point I would argue is how can they say the premier league is the best league in the world when the best player in the world messi is playing in spain?
    I will say to you what stupid answer andyYou simply know nothing about football at all I'm afraid (my opinion)
    Ok so you say "I would argue is how can they say the premier league is the best league in the world when the best player in the world messi is playing in spain?"
    Think if you check you will find Messi is just one player so by the same argument if he went to play in Norway then they would have the best league
    Wonder what Messi gets paid but clearly its ok as you love him
    Googled it (can't have been to the Baggies game in 1978) but well done you won fair and square don't have a problem with that
    Money has always been in the game,thats how it works not just in football but most sports.
    It is a good idea to build a big stadium to bring in more revenue as United did eons ago,we get the biggest crowds(when were not that successful) and of course it still brings in more revenue-lets us buy better players.
    You do realise by the way that Messi stays at Barcelona for the money as no one else can pay his wages-(you must despise him now)
    I'm not falling out with you Andy but yes as a football fan I will brag about my team,and take it on the chin when we get beat as pissed off as I am,but you just come accross as a typical Man utd hater and it gets boring mate

Excuse me les. Did I say that spain was the best league in the world? And I am not a man utd hater I just like winding you up and funnily enough it works..

Excuse me les. Did I say that spain was the best league in the world? And I am not a man utd hater I just like winding you up and funnily enough it works..
    Whatever turns you on

Banned
    You just can't beat the football banter

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Banned
    Blackburn are on their way to beating CFC over how many managers in 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    True

Thread Information