Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Exclamation Random Highlighted words and PC slowdown

I'm seeing quite a lot of random words highlighted, look like weblinks, when I hover over them it's all advertising.
    (Plenty relating to Apple)
    This can happen on whatever webpage I'm viewing even here on the forum.

What's causing it?
    How did it get there?
    How can I get rid of it ?

I've been noticing a real troublesome slowdown with my PC especially when I typing something. It will often miss out letters.
    I've also noticed posts going missing, maybe due to delay when hitting keys.

Any of the experts out there who can help me? Pleeeeeeeeeease

i had something similar, i think my stepson installed it along with skype or some other program.

can't remember what it was called
    have a look at 'view' > 'tool bars' in your Inet brower and see what's been installed and look at 'tools' > 'addons' and looks whats installed there.

what browser are you using Peter. might be a good idea to restore your browser default settings but keep your book marks! if you cant see the problem
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Hi Peter
    I am getting distorted letters with parts missing and bits of colour added, mostly on this website and only a few other web pages, and only since installing win7 64bit. Have looked around the web and come to the conclusion it looks hard to correct. Tried all the various display options with no success. Decided to put up with it for now.
    On Graham thread about video displayed in threads I tried all 3 options in the display button at top of thread, threaded mode worked best for me, but dont like how it lays the thread out so I change back to carry on reading. Sorry I cant come up with any permanent solutions, hoping one of our experts comes up with a solution.

do some scans also,
    try these,
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/sc...b/default.aspx
    http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/download/ (Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0) its free,
    http://www.piriform.com/products ( cc cleaner)
    it could be malware

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    Hi Peter
    I am getting distorted letters with parts missing and bits of colour added, mostly on this website and only a few other web pages, and only since installing win7 64bit. Have looked around the web and come to the conclusion it looks hard to correct. Tried all the various display options with no success. Decided to put up with it for now.
    On Graham thread about video displayed in threads I tried all 3 options in the display button at top of thread, threaded mode worked best for me, but dont like how it lays the thread out so I change back to carry on reading. Sorry I cant come up with any permanent solutions, hoping one of our experts comes up with a solution.
    Thanks for your interest and feedback.
    This is really bugging me. Now I getting windows open up randomly about Coupons

I'm still searching.
    The big issue for me is not necessarily the highlighting itself, but that something is going on in the background that's really slowing my pc down. Even to the point that typing gets to be a slow slow process since theres often no reaction to pressing a key. Letters get missed and keys getting pressed just caused IE to lock up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    Hi Peter
    if your using IE ,try clic the compatability view icon in your search bar at top

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

I'm still searching.
    The big issue for me is not necessarily the highlighting itself, but that something is going on in the background that's really slowing my pc down. Even to the point that typing gets to be a slow slow process since theres often no reaction to pressing a key. Letters get missed and keys getting pressed just caused IE to lock up.
    run those scanners , if its malware these should pic it up

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    do some scans also,
    try these,
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/sc...b/default.aspx
    http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/download/ (Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0) its free,
    http://www.piriform.com/products ( cc cleaner)
    it could be malware
    Thanks Stewart,
    I'll check them out.

I've got CC Cleaner and been through my usual routines with it.
    I think I need to try and identify what is running that I don't want.

Thanks Stewart,
    I'll check them out.

I've got CC Cleaner and been through my usual routines with it.
    I think I need to try and identify what is running that I don't want.
    the other 2 scanners should pic it up

if not, you could go to the emsisoft forum, there are emsisoft expert team can help you,they will give you the tools and instructions how to use them,
    1st you go to a page that gives you a scanner to inspect and make a report of your comp, then you post, with the results,wait for reply, maybe same day or day after,they will give you more instructions

you can get to the forum from a link on the scanner,

another good scanner,this one online, but you need java to use it

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/free-tools

I use Firefox mainly and Chrome for some programs, but you have put the thought in my head to try IE.
    It could be a browser causing the text problems, I will see if I can isolate to see if I get problems on Chrome or IE,
    thanks

I'm still searching.
    It might be an idea to scan your computer for memory probems, maybe one of Stewarts suggestions will give you info on memory.

Found it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was called Browse to Save.
    Once identified I used CCleaner to fully unistall. Now all back to normal and the speed and keys all good. Yipeee

Now how did that get installed on my PC

You don't need any extra browsers,the number of times I fix peoples pc's and they have unwittingly installed one of these damn things.
    I often completly uninstall all the browsers and re-install that usually works

Found it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was called Browse to Save.
    Once identified I used CCleaner to fully unistall. Now all back to normal and the speed and keys all good. Yipeee

Now how did that get installed on my PC
    “Ads by browse to save” virus is an adware infection which hijacks browsers like Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer to display unwanted advertisements to the users on infected computers. The Ads by browse to save virus may get installed on a computer with the help of Trojans through bad websites or it may come bundled with freeware or cracked programs. Right after getting it no system, it registers itself as browser plugin/extension and soon you will start seeing Ads by browse to save on Facebook, Youtube, twitter and all other legit websites you visit. This dose not mean that all the sites are infected but it is your browser which has been compromised to display annoying adverts from “Ads by browse to save” malware. The logic behind this Spam content distribution is to earn money; all the ads you see are paid third-party ads that earn commission for the creator of Ads by browse to save virus.
    This malware should be eliminated instantly once detected because it steals personal user information besides displaying pop-ups or in-text adverts. Moreover, it makes the system and browser run slow or even causes it to crash down.
    http://www.safebro.com/ads-by-browse...-virus-removal

All true Stewart

What a nightmare it was.

Thread Information