Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
Well, here,s my 2 pennies worth: Mike,s partner is right to be worried. Although people on here are saying same sex marriages are accepted, they are accepted through gritted teeth by most people - as it is an offence to speak out otherwise. With an age gap like this between 2 males, it will make living together ten times worse in my view.

It,s ok for people on here to say never mind other peoples views, but they,re not the ones that have to live in that situation. His partner is clearly worried about his family,s reaction to this and he has a lot to lose in my view. His employers and co-workers don,t know either. He clearly wants his sexuality kept private, which is an added pressure on him.

My question is why sponsor his partner with all these problems around him?. The UK is not as tolerant as we,re led to believe on many issues. But good luck on your journey as you are clearly going to need it.

I agree. And to be honest this is not others' point of view, it is actually his partner's/sponsor's feelings. Why did he let you went through all of these before sorting out the problem. Now, he is not the only one bothered, but also you Mike and I am sorry to read your feelings. This situation can't be helped you know, but the only thing you can do is to be with your man always and strong enough for him to stand with his decisions.