Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Age difference

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Well, here,s my 2 pennies worth: Mike,s partner is right to be worried. Although people on here are saying same sex marriages are accepted, they are accepted through gritted teeth by most people - as it is an offence to speak out otherwise. With an age gap like this between 2 males, it will make living together ten times worse in my view.

It,s ok for people on here to say never mind other peoples views, but they,re not the ones that have to live in that situation. His partner is clearly worried about his family,s reaction to this and he has a lot to lose in my view. His employers and co-workers don,t know either. He clearly wants his sexuality kept private, which is an added pressure on him.

My question is why sponsor his partner with all these problems around him?. The UK is not as tolerant as we,re led to believe on many issues. But good luck on your journey as you are clearly going to need it.

I agree. And to be honest this is not others' point of view, it is actually his partner's/sponsor's feelings. Why did he let you went through all of these before sorting out the problem. Now, he is not the only one bothered, but also you Mike and I am sorry to read your feelings. This situation can't be helped you know, but the only thing you can do is to be with your man always and strong enough for him to stand with his decisions.

If I was 17 my wife of 2 years would not be born. With a 20 year age gap we are both happy. I have had a few negative comments from people at work but I knew before I married her I would at least get people staring at us in the street or people whispering behind our backs. People talk and always will. If we all took to heart what people thought about us or said then we would all be suicidal.

Be happy, it is your life. As said, you only have one go at it.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    If i was 17 my wife of 2 years would not be born. With a 20 year age gap we are both happy. I have had a few negative comments from people at work but i knew before i married her i would at least get people staring at us in the street or people whispering behind our backs. People talk and always will, if we all took to heart what people thought about us or said then we would all be suicidal.

But the one who thinks is his partner and his family.

I quote from OP:

"How difficult is it to be with a partner in the UK who is 40 yrs older than you. I've got visa already but not in UK yet and there's a possibility that I cant come to UK because my partner and his kids are really worried about the culture and society in the UK about what comments they will heard against my age. Any advice is very much welcome and appreciated."

It's not really what others' think, it's what his partner's think. If that's only about others, their relationship shouldn't be bothered but his main concern is his partner's worries.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Mick Jagger has a new g/f 43 years younger than him, I can't see a problem if you really love one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Mick Jagger has a new g/f 43 years younger than him, I can't see a problem if you really love one another!
    ... Mick Jagger? "Bony" but "nae boannie"!

, folks .................. 's just my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... Mick Jagger? "Bony" but "nae boannie"!

, folks .................. 's just my opinion!
    Like it Arthur!

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I do understand, but if family are so bothered what outsiders think, don't worry about it. Also if they are bothered what their friends think, they are not your friends really are they? I've got a family who are the strangest people I've ever had to put up with.

After leaving home at a very young age to work away, I was the one who always contacted my family either by travelling a long way or calling them and after many years of doing this I realised they never contacted me. So I stopped visiting and calling and it was twenty years before any family member contacted me.

It's true what they say, You can choose your friends but not your relations!
    Well said Michael.....

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    If I was 17 my wife of 2 years would not be born. With a 20 year age gap we are both happy. I have had a few negative comments from people at work but I knew before I married her I would at least get people staring at us in the street or people whispering behind our backs. People talk and always will. If we all took to heart what people thought about us or said then we would all be suicidal.

Totally agree Rory. There are loads of jealous people out there - but leave them to their own miserable lives. An 18 year age gap for us, but I am the one who's smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Totally agree Rory. There are loads of jealous people out there - but leave them to their own miserable lives. An 18 year age gap for us, but I am the one who's smiling.
    I totally agree!

Newbie (Restricted Access) chris28's Avatar
    What a terrible story Mick , we cannot blame most Caucasian doubted filipino woman now because there are lot who became victims like what happened to u. Hope u not mad to all filipina just what happened I know there are some who is not like her.

You must have to be careful next time.

Quote Originally Posted by chris28 View Post
    What a terrible story Mick , we cannot blame most Caucasian doubted filipino woman now because there are lot who became victims like what happened to u. Hope u not mad to all filipina just what happened I know there are some who is not like her.

In most cases it takes a while before there is a next time if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by chris28 View Post

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply and comments.

I do know from the many good marriages in the forum that very few Filipinas act as my ex wife did.

It has not put me off wanting to meet other Filipinas but as I have now turned 70 - and even more because of the higher income requirement to allow me to sponsor another - it just cannot happen.

I first met a Filipina when in hospital and was treated by Filipina nurses then met some in Dubai while visiting my son and his Filipina partner there, I have many good Filipina memories to look back on.

Mick.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information