Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    well i dropped off ems and her friends at the bus for their long trip there, i hope the weather is good and they all have a great time,
    Me i have a free day to myself doing everything but nothing, life is good

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    well i dropped off ems and her friends at the bus for their long trip there, i hope the weather is good and they all have a great time,
    Me i have a free day to myself doing everything but nothing, life is good
    I am sure they had a good time Steve :-D massive Venue and Weybridge/Elmbridge certainly knows it has moved there. Carpark was full by 4pm and the surrounding area for miles had cars all over the place parked where ever.
    The usual stalls and most importantly the couple with their Ice cream cart from Ashford were there :-D

Ems has just rang me and is just passing Northampton so be home within the hour as i write this, she sounds full of beans so no sleep for me tonight and i dont mean

Ems has just rang me and is just passing Northampton so be home within the hour as i write this, she sounds full of beans so no sleep for me tonight and i dont mean
    Great to hear they had a good time :-D

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    I am sure they had a good time Steve :-D massive Venue and Weybridge/Elmbridge certainly knows it has moved there. Carpark was full by 4pm and the surrounding area for miles had cars all over the place parked where ever.
    The usual stalls and most importantly the couple with their Ice cream cart from Ashford were there :-D
    Left home at 2.30 yesterday to go, satnav said about 20mins of delays getting there and friends said the queue for the courtesy bus was horrendous, so we turned round and went to the pub

Everyone just passes Northampton

Best policy in my opinion

Banned
    What a shambles car park closed early on both days - I've heard whispers that the organisers didn't rent enough car parking space from the landowners as there were plenty of empty fields.

They've conveniently removed this statement from their website :-

While everyone has the option to travel by public transport, everyone is encouraged to travel by car or by coach since the new venue offers a HUGE parking facility with fees worth only £10 for one day, or £10 for the entire weekend! That means you can use the same parking ticket if you attend the Barrio Fiesta on both days.

We were told of the chaos whilst driving at about 1pm on Saturday parked up in a Molesey backstreet and walked to the shuttle bus which left after about 10 mins. After the long trek to the stage area and having heard the crap sound system, lack of any shade and the marathon distance back to the few portaloos I resolved not to go on the Sunday.

Dropped Mrs D off for a long shuttle bus wait at 12 noon Sunday. Collected her early evening from friends who live relatively close and heard horror stories of 30/40 minute toilet queues and the paltry amount of time the "celebrities" appeared for.

From what I was told good job the crowd were tolerant Filipinos, if predominantly Brit the whole place would be used as a toilet preceding the riot

My Dad just phoned me and told me the Elmbridge 10K race was on Sunday as well. I normally run this but was working.... So with a 1000 odd runners trying to run along the pavement/road whilst cars are turning into the carpark and tooting at the marshals who dared to stop the traffic to let the runners past!

Luckily the local town hall ( I think it is) allow the runners to use their car park for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    What a shambles car park closed early on both days - I've heard whispers that the organisers didn't rent enough car parking space from the landowners as there were plenty of empty fields.

They've conveniently removed this statement from their website :-

While everyone has the option to travel by public transport, everyone is encouraged to travel by car or by coach since the new venue offers a HUGE parking facility with fees worth only £10 for one day, or £10 for the entire weekend! That means you can use the same parking ticket if you attend the Barrio Fiesta on both days.

We were told of the chaos whilst driving at about 1pm on Saturday parked up in a Molesey backstreet and walked to the shuttle bus which left after about 10 mins. After the long trek to the stage area and having heard the crap sound system, lack of any shade and the marathon distance back to the few portaloos I resolved not to go on the Sunday.

Dropped Mrs D off for a long shuttle bus wait at 12 noon Sunday. Collected her early evening from friends who live relatively close and heard horror stories of 30/40 minute toilet queues and the paltry amount of time the "celebrities" appeared for.

From what I was told good job the crowd were tolerant Filipinos, if predominantly Brit the whole place would be used as a toilet preceding the riot

Did Mrs D enjoy herself?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post

Did Mrs D enjoy herself?
    Funnily enough she did but not as much as in previous years

What a joke!

Arrived by car 10am Sunday after a two hour drive and then directed by the gate staff past the entrance into a huge traffic jam. Lucky for me managed to squeeze back in and got parked up for 11am. After queing for 30 mins went to one of the few toilets and watched the Filipina in front of me open the door and nearly pass out before walking away. So sat and waited for two coaches of friends to arrive who set of at the same time as us at 8am for the 2 hour drive. Guess what they finally arrive at 3pm in the afternoon after spending over 3 hours covering the final few miles into the entrance. They had to leave at 5pm to have any chance of getting back before the coach drivers hours ran out so they missed the "show" They did not knlw how lucky they were!

The "show" started at 5pm and mainly due to the poor sound system was on the whole crap. Topped off by a brief appearance by Vice Ganda who unfortunately for him picked on the one Filipino in the audence who spoke no Tagalog thus forcing him to tell his smutty jokes in English so at least I could understand them! which may or may not have been a good thing.

So on the whole an experience not to be repeated. By the way charged 10 quid to park the car in the official car park(or prison) as it turned out to be. No mention of that in the promos. Guess next time most people will try and avoid them and park on any available space in the locality thus seriously pissing off the neighbours. Much better when it was in Lampeter

Went on the Sunday, it was hot! plenty of real estate sellers on top form, no i didnt buy a Manila apartment! Things I noted - toilets needed servicing as by the end of the day the whole CR room thing was not comfort room at all ! Also if they put more bins near the food outlets perhaps there would not be so much mess on the floor. Spent £30 on food, water and ice cream, stood still for a few hours watching the show, so now my right side is darker than my filipino fiancee skin but my left side is still plane white UK LOL, Also picked up a TFC IPTV box no charge for the box just 12 months subscription, works ok here now. Car arrival and exit was mad - no right turn into venue or exit from venue so cars doing U turn just after exit to go other way, exit also used by shuttle bus. was expecting a 3 hour exit delay as experienced once at the F1 but lucky only 15 minutes, problem with the sound system as commented here was that it was not big enough, I've worked on these before and the wind is a big problem blowing the sound all over the place, basically u need big and lots of it, hope next year they can use some of the profit from the "multi pack, not to be sold separately" £1 (26p buy price) coke tins, but Had a good day all in all, will probably be back next year - Baz and Jaz
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information