Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

question on schengen visa

hello everyone hope ur doing great. I hope you could help me with this. I applied shengen visa in dutch embassy leeds last 13 of august and i got my visa this morning,i want to ask if its alright not to have hotel bookings or letter of invitation from friends in holland? when i applied visa they didnt ask hotel bookings or invitation letter,they just ask my husbands passport and copy of our marriage cert.

dutch consulate leeds ais great

thanks a lot,,

Quote Originally Posted by jeida View Post
    hello everyone hope ur doing great. I hope you could help me with this. I applied shengen visa in dutch embassy leeds last 13 of august and i got my visa this morning,i want to ask if its alright not to have hotel bookings or letter of invitation from friends in holland? when i applied visa they didnt ask hotel bookings or invitation letter,they just ask my husbands passport and copy of our marriage cert.

dutch consulate leeds ais great

thanks a lot,,
    hi jeida i think you dont need a hotel booking and letter of invitation from your friend,ducth embassy have grant you a visa with out asking that requirement so just go there and enjoy your holiday... have a safe journey both of you!

Quote Originally Posted by jeida View Post
    I applied shengen visa in dutch embassy leeds last 13 of august and i got my visa this morning,i want to ask if its alright not to have hotel bookings or letter of invitation from friends in holland?
    If you have already your visa then it was not required. You're travelling from the UK I suppose, and as married to a UK resident it's easier to get a Schengen visa rather than applying from the Philippines. They know that there are few risk for you to become an illegal immigrant by overstaying... Just be sure not to overstay, European countries are more and more sensitive on this subject. Remember also that you're not obliged to enter/exit Scehngen area in the Netherlands but from one of the 15.

If you are travelling in several countries, be careful to really stay within Schengen countries border and not enter any other European country even in transit as in this case you may need to secure a transit visa first (and check your Schengen visa if it's multiple entry or not). All Schengen countries do not share common borders.

More infos here: http://www.mediavisa.net/schengen-area.html
    Best regards.
    Yves

Thread Information