Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

a little rant about the NI # interview thingy

what an exhausting trip going to Plymouth just to find out that it will only take 5 mins to get this NI # thing done . the lady was even surprised why we travelled all the way there even though there is a closer one in Taunton. but why can't they do it in barnstaple?! they make everything difficult for us! oh well at least it's done
    No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart

when i get my NI# i only phoned them ... and asked some few question then after two weeks NI form filled it up then sent it back to them ... another 2 weeks got mt NI#

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Like you Ana, hubby and I travelled 33 miles just to go and have an interview for NI. I asked the lady who interviewed me why some are interviewed and some just get the postal applications. She said they too don't know how that works, if it's based on location or what. I also asked why do we have to travel so far when there's a Jobcentre near us. She said that they just also get the list of who's coming for interviews and it's their central hub (or whatever they call them) that does the process of scheduling the place and time. She said it's not like it was before that you only have to go to the nearest Jobcentre and apply.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

What you lot moaning about? My wife has to FLY to manila for a tb test.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    When Maritess went to the local Jobcentre to apply for her NI number, they gave her a phone number to call (It was an Isle of Wight number) and let her use there phone, she was asked for her name and address, a few days later a form arrived with a stamped addressed envelope, she filled in the required sections and posted it. 10 days later her NI number arrived

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Like you Ana, hubby and I travelled 33 miles just to go and have an interview for NI. I asked the lady who interviewed me why some are interviewed and some just get the postal applications. She said they too don't know how that works, if it's based on location or what. I also asked why do we have to travel so far when there's a Jobcentre near us. She said that they just also get the list of who's coming for interviews and it's their central hub (or whatever they call them) that does the process of scheduling the place and time. She said it's not like it was before that you only have to go to the nearest Jobcentre and apply.
    My husband said the same rayna that before you have just got to go to a job centre near you and then you can get NI #. Some of the ladies in this forum got NI # just by an interview tru phone, some of the ladies got it by telephoning them then interview so I think it depends on the place or the type of visa the persons holding maybe? I suppose they've started it doing on the phone because of the call rates that they charge us. Crafty little monkeys. hmmp.

I had to travel also when I got my NI last year.
    THough there were 2 closest Jobcenter+ from where I live.
    I had to go to Galashiels for an interview.

THen waited for only 2 weeks then they posted my NI num.

Im one of the luckiest one, no personal appearance or interview ..my husband just phone them up and give them my details , they sent a form to fill up, then we send it back to them after about a couple of weeks or three NI Card arrived.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

In my case, I just have to fill up some form and sent it back to the job centre. Then after a week or two, I received a letter and my NI card which I needed for my job. This was long time ago, I don't know how they work it out now. At least you've done it already. No pain, no gain. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Im one of the luckiest one, no personal appearance or interview ..my husband just phone them up and give them my details , they sent a form to fill up, then we send it back to them after about a couple of weeks or three NI Card arrived.
    same here ... my husband phoned and spoke to somebody in Glasgow

Banned
    I think there should be a personal appearance with brief interview plus ID checks to further combat illegal immigrants and identity thieves

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Same here. I had to go to Leeds for the NINo appearance. I have noticed that those who entered UK on a spouse visa usually are not invited to interview. I do not know if this is the case. Probably one of the down sides of entering on a fiancee visa.
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    Same here. I had to go to Leeds for the NINo appearance. I have noticed that those who entered UK on a spouse visa usually are not invited to interview. I do not know if this is the case. Probably one of the down sides of entering on a fiancee visa.
    yes, we need to go for a personal interview
    for people who came to the uk using fiancee visa like us . really stressful but we have no choice but to do it.
    No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    I find the process straightforward though. Dealing with UKBA was most stressful .
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Thread Information