Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) spinynorman's Avatar

Confused ... and a little dazed!

Hi all. I will try to keep this as short as possible. After a very long time (including an aborted annulment process) my fiancee in Negros Occidental will receive her annulment documents soon. I had to take a gamble a couple of weeks ago and booked flights for my teenage daughter and myself to visit her during the school Easter break and a little beyond ... in the knowledge that we might ... or might not be able to get married! If we are unable to marry then we will go the 'fiancee' visa route and marry over here. In the meantime I am trying to do everything that I need to for the possibility of getting married in PH.

So far I have applied for my UK CNI - that will be available on the 13th, and I have an appointment in Cebu to get the CNI converted to a PH one. In the CNI requirements document that was sent to me it is clear that I do not need a CENOMAR for the CNI conversion (having been divorced). My question here is ... do I need a CENOMAR when we go to apply for the marriage license in Negros Occidental? Also, because my fiancee will have had an annulled marriage, she too does no need a CENOMAR in Cebu. Again, does she need one for the marriage license application? It appears that the CENOMAR will take several days to reach my fiancee, and cannot be aplied for until she actually receives her annulment documents so she will need to receive them perhaps a week before we are due to be in Cebu.

The chances of getting everything in place in time are quite slim, but I would like to be absolutely sure that we are clear what we actually need. When my fiancee talked to the family planning person in her home town she was told that we would have to wait ten working days after the license application. That is contrary to what people have said here on the forum and the 'official' legal documentation (http://www.lawcenter.ph/law-library/...e-philippines/). I am obviously aware that local offices can deviate from this :(.

It seems that a great deal of patience and determination is required to be able to be permanently with someone that you fall in love with and happens to live in the Philippines!

Yes, the procedure for annulment papers will take some time before your gf can get the CNI and will be allowed to re-marry.

The Absolute Decree of Annulment must be registered in the Civil Registry office where the previous marriage was registered, i.e. the Civil Registry where the family court is located and the NSO (annotated copy). Without the NSO annotated copy of Marriage Certificate, she will not be given a CNI (which she will be needing for your planned marriage).
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Newbie (Restricted Access) spinynorman's Avatar
    Many thanks Sars for the information ... and apologies for not acknowledging your post for such a long time ... I've been just a little busy preparing for my visit in a weeks time! Time is running out now for us to be able to marry during our visit, so marrying over here a little later this year is the most likely thing to happen. My visit will no doubt help with the fiancée visa application though. With the weather here refusing to acknowledge that it's supposed to be spring, our bodies could be in for a bit of a shock when we get to Cebu!

Remember, not only annulment papers but you must also show the judges judgement, this is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by spinynorman View Post
    Many thanks Sars for the information ... and apologies for not acknowledging your post for such a long time ... I've been just a little busy preparing for my visit in a weeks time! Time is running out now for us to be able to marry during our visit, so marrying over here a little later this year is the most likely thing to happen. My visit will no doubt help with the fiancée visa application though. With the weather here refusing to acknowledge that it's supposed to be spring, our bodies could be in for a bit of a shock when we get to Cebu!
    Good luck, enjoy your visit to the Philippines and please bring some sunshine when you get back. Hope it won't be long now for you and your fiancee to be together here in UK.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Remember, not only annulment papers but you must also show the Judge's judgement, this is most important.
    What is a Judge's judgement ?

It is the statement the judge makes during the court hearing and is written down. Make sure it is with the annulment papers when you get them.

but you must also show the judges judgement, this is most important.
    It is the statement the judge makes during the court hearing and is written down. You have to make sure it is with the annulment papers when you get them.
    Jonnijon, you've completely lost me !

The most important is the NSO annotated copy - along with the Absolute/Finality Decree of Annulment - for visa purposes.

The "Judge's Judgement" that you were talking about will presumably be the ''Court's Decision''. However, if the Solicitor General appealed, then there's no annulment decree coming out and it will go back to a court hearing again.

To my knowledge you always have to wait 10 days for the marriage licence over there.

We have just submitted ours to the Consul in Cebu a few months ago, so I do know what I'm talking about

Thread Information