Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Naturalisation/British Citizenship

Naturalisation/British Citizenship
    How's everyone It's been ages since I last log in.

Just some questions bugging me lately and I know that there is no chance of speaking to any staff at Home Office or UKBA.

I am ready now to apply for my Naturalisation my daughter who came here in the Uk MArch of last year (2012) had just turned 18 in 03 Feb this year. Is she still aloud to join me apply together for British Citizenship?

her Visa says:Indefinite leave to enter the UK (What does this means)....

Valid until 03/03/2014

what happens after the validity date....?

Beth

Has she already passed life in UK test?

Does she have to do that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Has she already passed life in UK test?

Quote Originally Posted by beth18 View Post
    Does she have to do that as well?
    Yes, I'm afraid so.
    Everyone needs to do that (unless they are exempted)

Just based on the information you've divulged please review here:-

Can I be naturalised as a British citizen?

If you are over 18 and have been living in the United Kingdom for the last five years (or three years if you are married to or a civil partner of a British citizen) you may be able to apply for naturalisation as a British citizen. You may also be able to apply for naturalisation if you or your husband, wife or civil partner is in crown or designated service outside the United Kingdom. Applications for naturalisation are made using application form AN
    Standard requirements for naturalisation

There are seven requirements you need to meet before you apply:
    You must be aged 18 or over.
    You must be of sound mind.
    You must intend to continue living in the UK.
    You must be able to communicate in English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic to an acceptable degree.
    You must have sufficient knowledge of life in the UK. (means Life in UK Pass certificate)
    You must be of good character.
    You must meet the residential requirements (see below).

Residential requirements

To demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation, you must have:
    been resident in the UK for at least five years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
    been present in the UK five years before the date of your application; and
    not spent more than 450 days outside the UK during the five-year period; and
    not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months of the five-year period; and
    not been in breach of the Immigration Rules at any stage during the five-year period.

If you feel there are 'special' circumstances, or if you are in any way unsure then you must contact UKBA.

May I kindly suggest you also review the UKBA webpages for British Citizenship and also take a look at the application form and guide. It will really be very useful for your daughter.

Terpe,

Thank yo. I've done a bit of reading as well, and found a little explanations might rin UKBA if given the chance of getting through their busy lines. Thanks again

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    hi, I am jhon.currently living here in the Uk. I am really sorry for posting here as reply to this post, I am new to this forum and I dont know how to post properly, sorry! I need an immediate response please. I am applying for British Citizenship together with my wife and daughter, but all the National checking Service near us are fully book , they can only accommodate us on the mid of April this year. Unfortunately the fee will increase on the 6th of April that's why I want to file it ASAP to save some money. I 've done a little research and actually I can file our application by sending it directly to the home office and pay the current fee ....I am wondering if I will send it tomorrow on a one day guaranteed receipt.because all the forms and requirements are ready anyway and pay the current fee.... will my payment be acceptable by the time the home office process my application 4 weeks later which is clearly after the 6 of April 2013. Please I need your wise advice here. Thank you very much!

your wife needs to have been in the uk 3yrs to the day UKBA receive your application, not any sooner..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

What is the fee now for british cutizenship & what will it be after april 6

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

your wife needs to have been in the uk 3yrs to the day UKBA receive your application, not any sooner..
    Here's the detail jhon

The residential qualifying period will be worked out from the day we receive your application. Most unsuccessful applications fail because the applicant was not present in the United Kingdom at the beginning of the residential qualifying period. You must make sure you meet this requirement before you make your application. For example, if we received your application on 25 November 2005, you would have to show that you were in the United Kingdom on 26 November 2002.
    Of course, if you're confident your applications are fully compliant the apply by post.

The 'old fees' are:-
    £851 for single appl
    £1317 for Joint Appl

The 'new fees' will be:-
    £874 for single appl
    £1550 for Joint appl

Applications made prior to 5 April 2012 will be at the 'old fees'. Means actually received by UKBA before 6 April 2013
    6 April is a Saturday. Personally I'd want my application to be received and stamped by the UKBA post team on Friday 5 April 2013
    It is based solely on this date of receipt, not on any date that the decision is made.
    I'm not sure where this 4 weeks processing come from. Processing may be longer or shorter than 4 weeks.

Just be sure that when UKBA receive and stamp your applications that they are fully compliant and meet the rule stated above.
    UKBA are often 'unfairly' strict on dates

What is the date for the START of the qualifying periods for you ALL ( read the rules)

[QUOTE=Terpe;426501]Here's the detail jhon

Of course, if you're confident your applications are fully compliant the apply by post.

The 'old fees' are:-
    £851 for single appl
    £1317 for Joint Appl

The 'new fees' will be:-
    £874 for single appl
    £1550 for

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Jhon where are you hahaha! please read Terpe's advice as I have the same advice as long as you they receive your application just before 6 April old fee will still be applicable for you just make it sure all your documentation are in good order. good luck.

Thread Information