Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Complicated visa application

Hi,

I have complicated visa application where im am getting married and plan for my wife and daughter to join me in the UK late this year.
    My soon to be wife daughter has seen never sen her father so her sole guardian is her mother and these are the grounds i would like to apply for visa for her.
    Problem being i havent a clue how or which visa i apply to include my wifes daughter .
    wplease could any moderators or memebers of this site please help me with information or a contact good visa lawyer to help me .

THanks ladys and gents

Looks like your in the same situation as me dave. The rules are changing all the time and it is a nightmare to keep up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1978 View Post
    Hi,

I have complicated visa application where im am getting married and plan for my wife and daughter to join me in the UK late this year.
    My soon to be wife daughter has seen never sen her father so her sole guardian is her mother and these are the grounds i would like to apply for visa for her.

Problem being i havent a clue how or which visa i apply to include my wifes daughter .

THanks ladys and gents
    Hi dave, Welcome to the forum!!
    What is the age of the child??? anyway, if shes under 18 she can apply as a dependent of your wife (separate application form,separate visa fees)... since she never saw her father , the mom will provide all the documents for ''sole responsiblity'' (ie, school documents , church , letters from her pediatrician/GP's.. stating that the mom is the sole guardian and is responsible for her day to day activities.
    please check this very informative thread and if you have any more questions dont be shy to ask.
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....or+spouse+visa
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Dave good luck with this I think you have come to the best place for solid advice!
    Tone

Thanks guys I will read this link and understand my options to see my best way forward

Dave

Dave all the best I have been through hell and back for my daughter 2 years ago... in total...4 refusal, 2 court hearings here in UK. But I won eventually. If you have any questions just message me, and friends here at the forum are so helpful as well. Only one thing your wife should do, never ever mention the name of the child's father in her upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by beth18 View Post
    Dave all the best I have been through hell and back for my daughter 2 years ago... in total...4 refusal, 2 court hearings here in UK. But I won eventually. If you have any questions just message me, and friends here at the forum are so helpful as well. Only one thing your wife should do, never ever mention the name of the child's father in her upbringing.
    Hi Beth, can I ask why not mention the name of the child's father? I am a bit worried about child visa as she has fathers surname and can see this being an issue

Thanks Beth

Dave

Hi Beth, can I ask why not mention the name of the child's father? I am a bit worried about child visa as she has fathers surname and can see this being an issue

Thanks Beth

Dave
    Sorry for my possible misunderstanding and intervention Dave, but was your Fiancee previously married?
    Does her daughter already have a passport?
    Is the fathers name on the Birth Certificate?

Hi Terpe,

No she was never married her daughter does not have a passport and her fathers name is on the birth certificate.

To be honest i am going to apply for both my wife and her daughter visa together but am really not hopefull regarding daughters visa.

Rgds

Hi Terpe,

No she was never married her daughter does not have a passport and her fathers name is on the birth certificate.

To be honest i am going to apply for both my wife and her daughter visa together but am really not hopefull regarding daughters visa.

Rgds
    Don't want to appear too negative here, but the first challenge you need to overcome is securing a passport for your fiancee's daughter.

In my opinion it's better not to spend money jusy yet on visa applications/preparations before the daughter's passport is issued.

Please look here at the webpage Department of Foreigh Affairs (DFA) - Passport Application Requirements

Look under the heading "For Minor Applicants (below 18 years old)"
    Please pay special attention to the requirement under "If minor is illegitimate but acknowledged by father"

Does your Fiancee have the 'Affidavit of Acknowledgement and Consent to use the surname of father' ?

Hi Terpe, yes your right one step at a time is the right way forward.

Spoke to the other half just now and she says her passport is being arranged now through a freind.

I mentioned what you said regarding 'Affidavit of Acknowledgement and Consent to use the surname of father' she said aslong as father has counter signed the back of the birth certificate "which he has" they will issue passport.

All new to me so unsure on this right now

Dave

Hi Terpe, yes your right one step at a time is the right way forward.

Spoke to the other half just now and she says her passport is being arranged now through a freind.

I mentioned what you said regarding 'Affidavit of Acknowledgement and Consent to use the surname of father' she said aslong as father has counter signed the back of the birth certificate "which he has" they will issue passport.

All new to me so unsure on this right now

Dave
    Thanks for that.
    I have an interest actually since a friend of ours is in a similar situation.
    She found out that what the father had actually signed was an admission of Paternity in lieu of the affidavit of acknowledgement. The purpose of affidavit of admission of paternity is for the support and succession only, and it does not entitle the illegitimate child to use the surname of his father.

Perhaps your fiancee has the 'Affidavit of Acknowledgement and Consent to use the surname of father' also.

Would you be kind enough to enquire with her?
    I am trying to help out our friend on the best way to get a minor's passport without that affidavit of consent.

Would really appreciate

Yes sure I will help certainly if I can!
    I come to all you guys for good information just the same. I'm not sure though that my other half knows of the affidavit of acknowledgement and consent to use fathers surname but she has daughters birth certificate with fathers signature on the back.She tells me that is enough for her to get passport but what you have said to me today I didn't know and not sure my wife knows the rules an regs either

Evening all, have decided after gaining info about wife's daughter to firstly apply for her passport.

JUst trying to get my head round all the requirements . I can confidently say I am ok with all the criteria to apply for my wife and dependant daughters visa just a few small questions for now.

I have read on some threads the need for a " property inspection " to ensure my UK property complies with the visa requirements regarding overcrowding. Is this term correct? And do I need to get an independent inspection done? Or would simply a floor plan something along those lines be suitable?

THanks ladies and gents

Evening all, have decided after gaining info about wife's daughter to firstly apply for her passport.

JUst trying to get my head round all the requirements . I can confidently say I am ok with all the criteria to apply for my wife and dependant daughters visa just a few small questions for now.

I have read on some threads the need for a " property inspection " to ensure my UK property complies with the visa requirements regarding overcrowding. Is this term correct? And do I need to get an independent inspection done? Or would simply a floor plan something along those lines be suitable?

THanks ladies and gents
    What kind of accommodation/property ?
    Rented or owned?
    Any other occupants?

Hi Terpe,

Normal modern apartment large 1 br , owned and only myself as occupant

Rgds

Hi Terpe,

Normal modern apartment large 1 br , owned and only myself as occupant

Rgds
    My opinion would be to submit proof of ownership, a brief description and a couple of photos.
    No need for costly independent property report.

Ok thanks for your advice Terpe much appreciated
    My other halfway friend is processing my daughter passport on 23 rd so I will let you know as soon as I know how we get on for your friends application.

Dave

Ok thanks for your advice Terpe much appreciated
    My other halfway friend is processing my daughter passport on 23 rd so I will let you know as soon as I know how we get on for your friends application.

Dave
    Thanks

Hi guys,

Getting my visa application together now whilst waiting for are marriage certificate and have a few questions you may be able to help with:

Are there any links to current visa fees and types of visa to make sure I apply for wife and daughter correctly as I'm unsure?

Also how do I link both my wife's and daughters visa when applying as joint application rather than separately?

thank guys

Hi guys,

Getting my visa application together now whilst waiting for are marriage certificate and have a few questions you may be able to help with:

Are there any links to current visa fees and types of visa to make sure I apply for wife and daughter correctly as I'm unsure?

Also how do I link both my wife's and daughters visa when applying as joint application rather than separately?

thank guys
    Here's the link for the UKBA Fees from April 2013

Look to the first page 'Out of Country' then look down to 'Settlement' (£851 each)

Dave, you can't make a joint application.Need to be 2 separate applications (2 application fees also)

PS: How did your get on with the daughters passport application?

Hi Terpe , well the other half took all relevant paperwork to visa agency in Manila and she says now she wait for text for 2 weeks and go collect . Simple as that . All I know is father did sign back of her birth certificate but other than that everything looks fine .
    Thanks for link just one question .... Would my wife's daughters visa be settlement - dependant relative at £ 1906 ? On top of £851 for wife?

I now know why my daughter passport process seems to be running so smoothly!
    Her biological father is American and what my wife has done is use agency and ordered her an American passport as she uses her father surname and he counter signed the birth certificate!
    And as if everything wasn't complicated enough!

Next question i am now unsure of is it worth applying for my daughter as dependant of my wife using her biological father nationality passport? or would this be the wrong decision as all of are visa application regarding daughter is based upon sole guardianship?

Thanks

Dave

I now know why my daughter passport process seems to be running so smoothly!
    Her biological father is American and what my wife has done is use agency and ordered her an American passport as she uses her father surname and he counter signed the birth certificate!
    And as if everything wasn't complicated enough!

Next question i am now unsure of is it worth applying for my daughter as dependant of my wife using her biological father nationality passport? or would this be the wrong decision as all of are visa application regarding daughter is based upon sole guardianship?

Thanks

Dave
    Terpe any advice on my last to posts please?

dave

Dave, the form you need is VAF4A

Here is a link to the paper version for your review so you'll know what's involved

The actual application needs to be made online.

When you look to the online application:-
    The Type of visa = settlement
    Purpose = settlement
    Type of Application = a) Wife
    = b) Child or other dep

This form needs to be completed by your wife for herself, and an additional one also by your wife on behalf of her daughter. It's the same form for both.

The fee is £851

It's not the dependent dependant relative

Ok great thanks for information Terpe

After much confusion with my wife my daughters Philippines passport was delivered yesterday. her father had signed back of birth certificate 7 years ago to and done the legal " admission of paternity" so all went well and now have it.

Also have had lawyer write up an " affidavit of sole guardianship" which my wife has had makati mayor to sign and stamp as witness to my wife signature .and also got school and doctor to write letter both stating in there knowledge my is and has always been my daughters sole parent and guardian.

Is there anymore I can or should do to assist my daughters application ?

All of your advice has and is much appreciated

thank you lady's and gents

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Dave, the form you need is VAF4A

Here is a link to the paper version for your review so you'll know what's involved

The actual application needs to be made online.

When you look to the online application:-
    The Type of visa = settlement
    Purpose = settlement
    Type of Application = a) Wife
    = b) Child or other dep

This form needs to be completed by your wife for herself, and an additional one also by your wife on behalf of her daughter. It's the same form for both.

The fee is £851

It's not the dependent dependant relative
    What is the earliest date we can start filling up the online application?

Hi ladies and gents,

Could anyone advise me if it is necessary for me to register my marriage in the Philippines here in the UK ? Will visa application in Manila check this has been done?

thanks Dave

Dave,
    If you married in the Philippines, you are under no legal obligation to register your marriage here in the UK
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Thanks bluebird but does that mean specifically for spouse visa application should I register in UK as an expected requirement for a successful visa application?

Don't want to miss anything I should be doing for visa but if isn't required then no need!

Thank you your advice is appreciated

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information