Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1978 View Post
    does that mean specifically for spouse visa application should I register in UK as an expected requirement for a successful visa application?
    No, it's not an expected requirement.
    You married in the Philippines, so it's that documentation you need to provide to the British Embassy in Manila.
    It's irrelevant to them if you've also registered the marriage in the UK.

(as an aside, I assume you'd register with the "Births, Deaths, marriage" office ? ..... it's something that I assume 99.9% of those who married in the Philippines have not done)
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Ok great thanks bluebird , my wife has friend who told her after she gets marriage certificate she has to go to CFO is what she has been informed correct? and if so what for?

Thanks

Dave

Once your wife has been successfully granted her spouse visa, she will also need a CFO stamp in her passport.

No CFO stamp = no departure from the Philippines.

See the various CFO threads on the board.
    It'll take a day, and I believe that you can do the seminar in Cebu as well as Manila these days.
    But someone will surely enlighten you, or point you to the specific thread.
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Ok great , thanks bluebird for the information

Emailed KET english language test centre in manila to book appointment for asap and have been told June is booked and next date is July 25th ..... 8 WEEKS OMG! everything else is ready now have to wait... should have booked earlier gutted!

Ok great , thanks bluebird for the information

Emailed KET english language test centre in manila to book appointment for asap and have been told June is booked and next date is July 25th ..... 8 WEEKS OMG! everything else is ready now have to wait... should have booked earlier gutted!
    There are plenty of different tests and test centres indicated on the UKBA approved listing. Maybe you can get an earlier test with another.?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    There are plenty of different tests and test centres indicated on the UKBA approved listing. Maybe you can get an earlier test with another.?
    Thanks Terpe ..... I have found another test centre called Hopkins.ph but can't seem to find on accepted test centres have u heard this as accepted?

Thanks Terpe ..... I have found another test centre called Hopkins.ph but can't seem to find on accepted test centres have u heard this as accepted?
    Yes Dave, quite a few people have used Hopkins. They are fully approved under ETS so no worries there.

Take a look at the UKBA list of approved English Language Tests here

Scroll down to page 21 (TOEIC)

Look to the column on the far right and click on the link:-
    "For TOEIC in the rest of the world:-
    http://www.ets.org/toeic/

Look to the right hand side and click the link that says Find your local TOEIC representative

Use the drop down menus to select your location (Philippines) and product (TOEIC)

There you will see Hopkins.
    Just follow the Hopkins website to see their test centre locations

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Good Luck with everything Dave!

Ok thanks Terpe and michael,

Thinking ahead a bit here but have a question in my head , if visa application is successful is the CFO seminar and stamp yet another appointment or same day as visit to collect documents and passports?

If it is different day do we have to arrange a appointment or will we be contacted with date and time as part of visa process?

Thank you all

Ok thanks Terpe and michael,

Thinking ahead a bit here but have a question in my head , if visa application is successful is the CFO seminar and stamp yet another appointment or same day as visit to collect documents and passports?

If it is different day do we have to arrange a appointment or will we be contacted with date and time as part of visa process?

Thank you all
    Dave, check out the threads on CFO sticker for some great detailed information
    In summary, your partner must attend the CFO's guidance and counseling session in order to secure the Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC). This can be done at any time.
    Once your partner has a valid visa she will be able to then get that all important CFO sticker. She cannot get the sticker without a valid visa.

Wife took English test today and believes she didn't awnser one single question correct on listening and speaking test!
    How the hell can she speak fine to me but nerves and the situation get her in a mess
    This could be difficult lol to pass the final hurdle I think

Dave

Evening everyone,
    Just reading through some posts on spousal document checklist and have seen a sponsors bio metrics and stamps he had them notarised . This is something I haven't done ! Is this something all you people with the experience of applying for spouse visa I should follow?

Thanks dave

Sorry everyone one more question what is a sponsorship declaration ? I have my sponsorship cover letter written but this is a new addition to my checklist I'm working to . Do I need this as well and does anyone know what it is?

thanks again

Evening everyone,
    Just reading through some posts on spousal document checklist and have seen a sponsors bio metrics and stamps he had them notarised . This is something I haven't done ! Is this something all you people with the experience of applying for spouse visa I should follow?

Thanks dave
    I don't believe there's any documentary evidence required by UKBA that needs to be actually notarised.

Occasionally UKBA will state that certified copies of specific documents will be accepted if originals cannot be submitted.
    Specifically concerning passport pages many folks just send photocopies and never had a problem.
    Some others get the photo page certified. This can be done by a whole range of people much the same as a passport application photo.

Usually original documents are required.

Sorry everyone one more question what is a sponsorship declaration ? I have my sponsorship cover letter written but this is a new addition to my checklist I'm working to . Do I need this as well and does anyone know what it is?

thanks again
    There's no UKBA requirement to complete the Sponsorship Undertaking Form SU07/12
    You'll complete all the needed details in sponsor's section of the application form VAF4A (Part 7) and the Financial Requirement Appendix 2

Submitting the Sponsorship Undertaking will not present any issues with the application, but it will not be reviewed.

Be careful about working with checklists. There is no UKBA checklist for spouse visa applications, just a general guidance on the types of supporting documents that might be needed for a large range of different applications.

Thanks Terpe , yours and everyone's advice is invaluable in my application .
    tHank you TErpe

NEarly there with my application but I have a dilemma ! As I am sponsoring my wife's dependant child as her sole parent how much detail should my wife go into on her cover letter about her ex and past ? Is It better to try and awnser all questions UKBA will have regarding my daughter biological father and explain in detail ? or just push the sole parental authority and prove as best possible ?

Trusted Member
    Doesn't the (written) permission of the child's father need to be sought ?

I don't believe that any specific written travel consent/permission is required, unless the minor is a Filipino child (below 18 years of age) travelling abroad alone or with someone other than his/her parents.

Certainly a child who is not a Filipino citizen and holds a foreign passport is not required to secure any travel clearance.

However Dave, there is still another slight complication in your circumstances.
    From experience, Immigration officers will usually question situations when the minor child is accompanied by an adult who does not appear to be the parent, such as, when the mothers passport does not bear the same surname of the child.
    I'd kindly suggest it may be prudent to have your wife hand-carry some official documentary evidence to support her claim to being the biological mother.

Ok thanks Terpe , i guess original birth certificate of my wife and child which is part of are application should cover that information?

I have finished my visa checklist now and would appreciate everyone's feedback so,I know I'm on the right course

Itinerary checklist:
    Cover Letter – Sponsor
    Cover Letter – Spouse
    Old & Current Passports & Photo 2"x 2" x 2 - Applicants
    TB Test Certificate & Questionnaire
    (KET) English Language Test Certificate
    Marriage Certificate
    Cenomar x 2
    CNI ( UK & Philippines )
    Bank Statements x 6 months
    Pay slips x 6 months
    Land Registry ( Deeds )
    Accommodation Details & Photographic Support
    Estate Agent Property Inspection
    Employer statement of earnings & length of service
    Mortgage Statement
    Bank account opening date & current balance
    Remittance Transfers
    Council Tax Statement
    Utility Bills
    Identity Cards Applicants ( copies)
    P60
    Driving License
    Flight Itinerary's
    Passport Stamps &Bio Data - Notarized
    Affidavit & Sole Parental Authority documentation
    Sole Parental authority affidavit
    Ma. Teresa Character Statement
    Health Physician Letter & Affidavit
    School Principal Letter & Affidavit
    Family Photos
    Email & Calls print out
    Birth Certificates x 3 (sponsor & applicants )

Evening everyone ,

I am just reading and understanding the VAF4A form to apply for my wife's dependant child settlement visa and I'm unsure exactly which parts I should and should not fill in .
    Part 5 is clear as is for applicants under 18 years of age and if I'm right the only over part I fill in is part 7 as her sponsor ?

Part 2 passport information
    Part 3 contact details
    Part 4 your family

Or should I fill in part 2 , 3 and 4 aswell ?

Please if anyone could help me confirm The correct section to fill in I would really appreciate the help!

THANK YOU EVERYONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information