Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Congrats Vernier!

I hope I would be able to get a job same as my previous work as well. The problem is, the area where I live in doesn't seem to have companies that need my skills! I had a couple of calls before asking me for an interview for the same work that I used to have in the Philippines, but the location is just too far! One was at Birminghan, one was even at Brussels! The one I found online was in South Wales!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member vernier caliper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Congrats Vernier!

I hope I would be able to get a job same as my previous work as well. The problem is, the area where I live in doesn't seem to have companies that need my skills! I had a couple of calls before asking me for an interview for the same work that I used to have in the Philippines, but the location is just too far! One was at Birminghan, one was even at Brussels! The one I found online was in South Wales!
    Thanks Rayna.

Finding the right job on the right location is one of the biggest considerations. Sometimes the best opportunity is atleast 200 miles away from you - disappointing and stressful. Most jobs on my line is available in Aberdeen.

We are renting at the moment and the contract will expire in May this year. We will then buy a place somewhere close to my work place. Anyway, 45 minutes train ride from our current place is not bad at all.

I attended 2 interviews and if I will be selected on the second job (transmission line) then I'll be working in Birmingham and Wales. We might then crossed path.

Good luck on you search. God bless.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Congrats Vernier!

Unfortunately Welsh Wales is not exactly a hotbed of opportunity. South Wales might be better. I guess your husband is tied to the area for work/family?

I wish we could live somewhere more remote but I'm using Heathrow several times a week, and even Birmingham/Manchester airports would mean less direct flights for me (Arthur, I used to live in Edinburgh too but travel was a real PITA so moved to London - pity, Scotland is lovely when it isn't raining).

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Unfortunately Welsh Wales is not exactly a hotbed of opportunity.
    you right there, but that's what happens when your a scouser exiled to Wales

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post

I wish we could live somewhere more remote but I'm using Heathrow several times a week, and even Birmingham/Manchester airports would mean less direct flights for me (Arthur, I used to live in Edinburgh too but travel was a real PITA so moved to London - pity, Scotland is lovely when it isn't raining).
    ... Wow ... you're a real globetrotter, Trefor! I have a nephew who's "on the go" all the time too, in his capacity as Far Eastern Manager for an American-based computer firm. Likewise, a friend of mine [now retired] did a lot of jetting back and forth to the United States & Canada whereas, me ... well ... ... I'm also a "man of leisure" myself now, but my work - for the most part - tended to be based in and around the appropriately-named, historic *'Fair City' ( - *except when it's !) of Perth.

Thread Information