Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Congratulations and well done

Respected Member vernier caliper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Congratulations and well done
    Thanks Terpe

Trefor and Vernier ...
    thank you for your replies..
    cheers

Hello Vernier Caliper. Thanks for the message. I could not see how to reply.
    I would like to see how things work out with myself and the girl I am getting to know, first. So far, so good.
    But thank you for thinking about me. I really appreciate it.

Oh...and congratulations on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenjbuk View Post
    Hello Vernier Caliper. Thanks for the message. I could not see how to reply
    Thanks Steve.

I found the reply section complicated too so no worries. Anyway, hope everything will work well with you and yours. Again, drop a note incase you need to be rescued. Cheers.

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Well done to you. Very informative thread as I am currently building my CV. I wish I could find a job soon as well while finishing a level for my qualification. My husband often tells me of being turned down loads of times before getting one (very inspiring) but I think it is part of the job hunting game... Speaking of your chartered status, is it related to accountancy?
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    Well done to you. Speaking of your chartered status, is it related to accountancy?
    Thanks Jlags and congratulations on your visa.

I'm a license Civil Engineer in the Philippines but my global qualifications are directly related to my experience in the Quality and Safety field of manufacturing, engineering and building construction.

Currently I'm using the honour of PCQI or Practitioner of the Chartered Quality Institute (http://www.thecqi.org/), I am also a CQE or Certified Quality Engineer by the American Society for Quality (http://prdweb.asq.org/certification/control/index), and I am a QMS 9001 Lead Auditor by the International Register of Certified Auditor (http://www.irca.org/). The NEBOSH National General Certificate is the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK and I passed this course with distinction in 2009 (http://www.nebosh.org.uk/Qualifications/).

Good luck on your study. Continual professional development is always good though expensive, time consuming and nerve wracking.

Please let me know if you need help building your CV. Cheers

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vernier caliper View Post

I'm a license Civil Engineer in the Philippines but my global qualifications are directly related to my experience in the Quality and Safety field of manufacturing, engineering and building construction.

Currently I'm using the honour of PCQI or Practitioner of the Chartered Quality Institute (http://www.thecqi.org/), I am also a CQE or Certified Quality Engineer by the American Society for Quality (http://prdweb.asq.org/certification/control/index), and I am a QMS 9001 Lead Auditor by the International Register of Certified Auditor (http://www.irca.org/). The NEBOSH National General Certificate is the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK and I passed this course with distinction in 2009 (http://www.nebosh.org.uk/Qualifications/).

Good luck on your study. Continual professional development is always good though expensive, time consuming and nerve wracking.

Wow! Vernier, I am just so speechless! You nailed it love! Congratulations to your new job and keep inspiring everybody with your experiences! Well done you!

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite

Thanks a lot for your informative reply. I see, I have no connection to engineering career. I see you have a handful of Internationally Recognised Qualifications. I am still starting my first level in AAT, so it will be a long way to go to get the elusive chartered status. I've planned to work at the same time so no wallet will be drained.

Yeah, you're right. One page CV is sought after these days. I'll give you a shout when I am in trouble. Thanks in advane.
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post
    Wow! Vernier, I am just so speechless! You nailed it love! Congratulations to your new job and keep inspiring everybody with your experiences! Well done you!
    Thanks Novie.

I'm still waiting for the next girls meet-up. Any plan so far? I'm excited because I'm now cooking and I love to share my Batangas adobo and kaldereta. Yum yum yum!

Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    I am still starting my first level in AAT, so it will be a long way to go to get the elusive chartered status.
    No guts no glory! Keeping yourself on the right track is the way to success. Women today are independent and competent work wise therefore, go go go Jlags.

woow congrats vernier ,good job good job!!
    some good pointers in there ..direct hiring, interview preparations etc.
    and woow what a long project 2033?? , i hope you dont get bored by then lol...
    i have been working for nearly three years now since i got here in england and i admit my job takes it toll on me now...so i am peeping into company career centers again looking for different jobs and recently did a final interview ,which in the end i turned down because of the location (40minutes drive ) wheew ,too much considering i got a daughter and a husband to look after as well , my effort and energy will be wasted in replace of the salary i will be getting..oh well anyway, thats my rant for today back to the same job tomorrow.cheers!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Respected Member

and I can't even make a good cuppa

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    what a long project 2033?? i hope you dont get bored by then lol..
    Thanks Sars.

I find working in the construction site exciting and challenging especially being a rose among the thorns. Everyday is a learning experience and a new story, bonus is the complex and multi-culture environment.

Hope you'll find the right job soon. Cheers.

P.S. Dont forget to relax and unwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    and I can't even make a good cuppa
    Neither coffee nor tea I'm drinking so please accept my deepest apology

congratulations vernier , well done

Quote Originally Posted by skysisi View Post
    congratulations vernier , well done
    Thanks Skysisi

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Well done! You must have been so happy!

I know what you mean about the job websites. I've been looking for over 3 months now since I was made redundant! Trouble is that those are the only places I seem to see jobs advertised. Some of the recruitment agencies are not so great as you send them your details/CV, then later on ring them to say you sent it a few days back and have they any current vacancies, and they can't find anything to do with you even though I got an emailed reply to say that they had received it! Also even though I must be registered with around 15 agencies, not one of them has ever got me even just 1 interview! I sometimes wonder what they actually do?! I've applied for quite a few jobs, but most have been through agencies and I never even get any response, let alone an interview!

Thanks South-East Boy. I'm very happy indeed. This was my first ever interview in the UK and I got the job.

Considering the current market, I think recruiters are less appealing now. I understood from the HR Manager of my company that they are no longer using agencies. The company is saving 20% ~ 40% of the annual gross income for each employee if hiring is done internally or directly.

Anyway, good luck on your job hunting. Stay focus and optimistic. Be patient, the right job will come at the right time. Again, applying directly is better than agency. Cheers.

many employers will not use agencies
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    many employers will not use agencies
    I remember around 20 years ago, again after I had been made redundant, I was doing temp work in various warehouses for agencies. I got paid £3 an hour and found out that the companies whose warehouses I was working were paying the temp agencies £9 an hour! I was doing the work and all they did was one phone to earn double what I got per hour. Was not happy!

Trusted Member
    An interesting and informative thread Congratulations !

I guess you use a vernier caliper in your work

( http://www.technologystudent.com/equip1/vernier3.htm ) !

Good luck with the driving and " Life in the UK "

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    Congratulations !

I guess you use a vernier caliper in your work
    Thanks Doc Allan.

You are right, vernier caliper was the first measuring instrument I used to do quality inspection. So if someone here in the forum calls me vernier, I then wear a big smile in my face.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Wow thought Vernier Calliper was a posh mans foreign name! never gave it a thought it was a ladys name, now I discover it's something completely different!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Wow thought Vernier Calliper was a posh mans foreign name!

Hi Michael. Hope what you've learned about vernier caliper is beneficial

Thanks Novie.

I'm still waiting for the next girls meet-up. Any plan so far? I'm excited because I'm now cooking and I love to share my Batangas adobo and kaldereta. Yum yum yum!
    We havent got any plans yet as the weather isnt that lovely at the moment but surely will inform you. We would love to pay a visit in Oxford for you in future if thats alright and maybe we can have a little dine in to try your specialty. That would be good!

Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post
    We would love to pay a visit in Oxford for you in future if thats alright and maybe we can have a little dine in to try your specialty. That would be good!
    How about this Easter or before? Trefor and I will be in the Philippines on 2 April and I will start working on 15 April.

How about this Easter or before? Trefor and I will be in the Philippines on 2 April and I will start working on 15 April.
    Were fully booked this month and we going London on Easter so I aint sure about that. Sometime in the summer would be good, we might pop up one weekend or when your off work.

congrats!! thanks for the infos also
    No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information