Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Americans Targeted for Allegedly Running Underage Prostitution in Philippines

I guess the US never left Clark then, they just bought the local bars and sold kids to tourists!!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/americans-targeted-allegedly-running-underage-prostitution-philippines/story?id=18582802
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member
    While I think this is terrible, and the whole thing is not the kind of tourism the Philippines needs, what is the age of consent in the Philippines? i.e. are they underage in the Philippines? (they may be underage if they were in the US, but they are not, this case would be governed by local law?).

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    While I think this is terrible, and the whole thing is not the kind of tourism the Philippines needs, what is the age of consent in the Philippines? i.e. are they underage in the Philippines? (they may be underage if they were in the US, but they are not, this case would be governed by local law?).
    The problem is a lot of foreigners are not aware of the laws which, in principle, makes all prostitution, child prostitution.

What everyone may fail to understand is that if you walk into a bar in philippines and bar fine a girl, it is now child prostitution simply because there is no
    age of consent for anyone trafficked into prostitution in the philippines.

That doesn't make it right though!
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Take special note here:-
    REPUBLIC ACT NO. 7610
    Section 3. Definition of Terms
    (a) "Children" refers to person below eighteen (18) years of age
    or
    those over 18 years of age, but are unable to fully take care of themselves or protect themselves from
    abuse, neglect, cruelty, exploitation or discrimination because of a physical or mental disability or condition;

Article III, Section 5. Child Prostitution and Other Sexual Abuse.
    Children, whether male or female, who for money, profit, or any other consideration or due to the coercion or influence of any adult, syndicate or group,
    indulge in sexual intercourse or lascivious conduct, are deemed to be children exploited in prostitution and other sexual abuse.

its perverts and pedephile's that are being attracted to these places, to take advantage of under age girls,

they should be strung up by their balls, customers and pimps

Trusted Member
    As Peter has pointed out, the age of consent (where foreigners are concerned) is 18 years.

The man concerned deserves to be locked up if he has lived there for 25 years and still remains unaware of that fact.

Having said that, these western zealots would also do well to target their homegrown redlight areas and underage sex if they are so concerned about prostitution and 'child abuse' (though it's a bit of a stretch to term a 16 year-old a 'child').

Of course it suits their agenda to pick on easier targets and to produce stereotypical and sensationised news stories for consumption by the fine upstanding masses in the US.

I notice they didn't target any of the locally-owned bars ANYWHERE in the Phils, where I'm sure far far worse is going on....many regularly patronised by local politicians, police etc.

Thread Information