Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

email from manila embassy - dependent visa app

hello, i submitted my son's visa application 5 days ago and this morning i received an email from them saying that:

Dear Mr XXXXX

Manila Ref: XXXXX

We refer to your visa application for Settlement received on 22 February 2013.

Please provide the following documentation in order for your application to be fully assessed and processed:

Copies of the bio data page and passport pages from your mother`s passports, showing immigration stamps and/or visas which clearly demonstrate

Where both your parents were at the time of your conception
    Evidence of occasions when your parent/s have visited you in the Philippines or elsewhere.

Copied passport pages must clearly show the passport number from which they came.

If you are not able to provide this evidence, please submit a statement to explain why. Where a passport has been lost, a police report should be forthcoming.

Please submit this documentation within 10 working days from the date of this email.

is it just my old passport that they need? this 'Where both your parents were at the time of your conception' confuses me. can someone help me pls.. thank you..
    ''The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but there still gonna be on it''

did you not submit your childs filipino birth cert ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    did you not submit your childs filipino birth cert ?
    i did,, i even submitted a photo of me and my son after i gave birth..
    ''The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but there still gonna be on it''

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Does that mean where YOUR parents were when YOU were concieved Bhem bhem? If so, very strange question!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Does that mean where YOUR parents were when YOU were concieved Bhem bhem? If so, very strange question!
    that email was addressed to my son so i'm guessing they were asking about me and his biological father. i have submitted photos of me and my son after i gave birth and i have stated on my letter that his biological father didn't come so i'm confused why are they asking for another evidence.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I understand now Bhem bhem, just tell them what they want to know, I woudn't dig too deeply into there reasons for wanting to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I understand now Bhem bhem, just tell them what they want to know, I woudn't dig too deeply into there reasons for wanting to know!
    yeah,, i'll explain to them again and i'll email them the copy of my old passport.

It just seems like they are doing everything they can to stop people form coming here outside of europe of coarse.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    It just seems like they are doing everything they can to stop people form coming here outside of europe of coarse.
    i do understand why they are doing that but of course i hope they won't refuse my application and they do realize i badly want my son to be with me..

it looks to me that they are asking proof of your sons father. they seem as if they want proof that yours sons father was with you when your son was conceived . 9 months before your son was born. they need details from the stamps on his passport for this

Quote Originally Posted by grahame 1 View Post
    it looks to me that they are asking proof of your sons father. they seem as if they want proof that yours sons father was with you when your son was conceived . 9 months before your son was born. they need details from the stamps on his passport for this
    i don't know where to get these evidences. i left my son's father when i was on my 1 month pregnancy and never heard of him ever. god knows where he is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by grahame 1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bhem_bhem View Post
    i don't know where to get these evidences. i left my son's father when i was on my 1 month pregnancy and never heard of him ever. god knows where he is right now.
    your child's father is Filipino?
    from this i get the impression they think the father is possibility your British husband

is the childs surname your maiden name ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

your child's father is Filipino?
    from this i get the impression they think the father is possibility your British husband

is the childs surname your maiden name ?
    yes he's filipino and yeah my son is using my maiden name..

was you married to the father, is he named on the child's birth cert ?

was you married to the father, is he named on the child's birth cert ?
    no,, i'm not married to him and i didn't put his name on my son's birth certificate..

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Joe's right, they probably thought that the father of your son is your British husband. You need to clear this thing up with them.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Joe's right, they probably thought that the father of your son is your British husband. You need to clear this thing up with them.
    yeah,, i'll better explain it to them again..

i recieved same email when we applied my sons visa last oct...i just provided my old n new passport to show that im in ph when he was born...i included my hubbys passport (sponsor) and more pics indifferent places to show that weve been together in different occasions...lastly letter of explanation why u cant provide ur son's biologicals fathers passport and how u wish to be with ur son....

i hope that helps....anyway we got visa me n my son are here now with my hubby

Trusted Member
    Presumably if the father is shown as 'unknown' on the child's birth cert, then there can be no father to give details about ?

That was certainly the case with my two stepchilderen, who were given settlement visas. They were also using (and still are doing) their mother's maiden name.

Quote Originally Posted by anne090909 View Post
    i recieved same email when we applied my sons visa last oct...i just provided my old n new passport to show that im in ph when he was born...i included my hubbys passport (sponsor) and more pics indifferent places to show that weve been together in different occasions...lastly letter of explanation why u cant provide ur son's biologicals fathers passport and how u wish to be with ur son....

i hope that helps....anyway we got visa me n my son are here now with my hubby
    what a relief.. thnx anne..

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Presumably if the father is shown as 'unknown' on the child's birth cert, then there can be no father to give details about ? :Erm
    i know...

Trusted Member
    I mean...it should simplify matters.

this must be a new procedure, i've not heard of them doing this b4 when the child is filipino and the father is filipino.

Thread Information