Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

That'll look nice when her wrinkled skin is hanging off her back

CHERYL Cole debuted a dramatic new rose tattoo at Girls Aloud’s comeback gig last night – thought to be her TENTH.

She proudly showed off the intricate floral design in a frilly tutu costume adorned with huge angel wings.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz2LduR97H3

Strumpet

Good luck to her there is nothing wrong with nice body art
    Many sports stars & stars have them nowadays

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Respected Member
    Thats the biggest tramp stamp I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Thats the biggest tramp stamp I've ever seen.
    Thats harsh she is a very beautiful young lady imo

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    She would look better without it, I would have thought that she would have had more sense than to do something so childish!

Lets be fair, it's a personal decision.
    These days the 'stigma' has gone (with most folks) and it's become a huge fashion statement.

I really do understand the 'value judgements' that many folk still make, but whatever a person wants to do with their own body appearance is an issue for them only. It doesn't make them a worse or better person than anyone else except in the eye of the beholder...............

BTW no I don't. But ...................

Trusted Member
    Cheryl is an attractive looking young lady with or without tattoos. She may or may not wish to have them removed in later life.

• There are no official statistics but up to a quarter of British adults - especially in Cheryl's age group - may have them ( with around 1500 UK “ tattoo parlours “ ) and possibly a quarter of those later want them removing.

• Tattoos have been around in many cultures for thousands of years ( the Spaniards called Visayans "Pintados" / Painted Ones ). Tattoos are becoming more popular in the Philippines, where at least some " tattoo parlors " have strict sanitation practices, modern equipment, and are approved by the Department of Health.

• Modern tattoo pigment is usually carbon-based. It's inserted into the skin with one or more needles, often using an electrical machine. The needles should be "single-use", the equipment and the skin to be tattooed must be sterilised, and strict hygiene is needed.

• Possible risks are:-
    * allergic reaction
    * infection - local
    - hepatitis B / C (hence blood donation not allowed for a year afterwards )
    * scarring - local "bumps" (granulomas)
    - excessive (keloid)
    * local swelling / inflammation if MRI ( magnetic resonance imaging) scan required, as some pigments contain trace elements like iron oxide.

• Tattoo pigment remains in the skin and doesn't enter the blood stream. It does not cause cancer ( although it may "mask" a pre-existing cancer like a mole ). A very few skin cancers have been described arising in tattoos, but the association is thought by the experts to be coincidental.

• Tattoos can be removed surgically ( with / without grafting ), dermabrasion ( "sandpapering" the skin), or laser, not always with good cosmetic results.

• Treatment to remove tattoos is available at some private clinics ( presumably Cheryl’s choice if she wishes ).

• They have in the past been removed on the NHS, but this will probably become increasingly difficult as the NHS is under pressure to make savings.

If a GP thinks someone may be suitable for NHS treatment, they will refer them to a consultant dermatologist or plastic surgeon, who will decide – based on clinical and psychological assessment - whether treatment on the NHS is appropriate.

• By contrast, henna tattoos are non-permanent dying or staining of the skin surface, using a paste derived from a plant (Lawsonia Inermis). They are safe, fading in 2-3 weeks, and may only cause an allergic reaction, so a sensible alternative to “ real “ tattoos at least in the first instance. ( "Black Henna", which may cause scarring, is a chemical which should not be used ).

16hrs it took to do

and i knew you would post this dedworth
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    I must confess to being a bit 'old-fahioned' where this sort of thing is concerned, so when my step-daughter had a small tattoo put near her ankle I wasn't best pleased.

She then told me what it signified. - Basically the initials of the ones who were important in her life, sort of wrapped up in scrolls. Siblings and parents only.

The 'd' represented 'dad'...so I was quite touched really I suppose.

I wouldn't want her to get any more though.

Unfortunately the modern day teenagers look up to trash like Cheryl. She has the right to do with her body as she wishes, I just wish she wouldn't advertise it to her impressionable fans.

Trusted Member
    I agree.

There seems to be a concerted campaign throughout the music industry and the media generally to convert our kids to trash.

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Personally I don't like tattoos. Small discreet ones in lighter colours I don't mind, but larger ones in prominent places, I just find unattractive and un-lady like. I especially hate larger sized ones on the upper arm, shoulder and breast.

Sadly, as Bigmarco says, the more celebrities that get them, the more the general public will want them. It was only after celebrities started getting them, that all this fashion craze started up. I also think a lot of people get them to get attention and say 'look at me' aren't I different/daring/cool!

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    Personally I don't like tattoos.
    Tbh ... nor do I, Tim - even though my son sports one - I cannot seem to shake off the notion that they signify the [unspoken] statement of someone who is either a gang member, or trying to portray a "tough-guy" image.

Ok, now this is an interesting thread. I can see both sides of the argument and at 46 years old, I have no tattoos. Alan's post is as ever a well informed guide as the the history of tattoos and details how they work and effects, thanks Alan.

I am not a lover of the 'tramp stamp' quite often seen on the younger generations, misplaced inappropriate tattoos are just trashy. Even my own brother has a couple of strange 'things' on his arms which seem to mean nothing. I also worked with a young guy who when he turned 18 went directly to the tattooist and had Man United tattooed on his forearm in Thia characters
    . The other side of this is that my Father, now 78 years old has a tattoo that he had done at 20, of a heart with a couple of Swallows, but now just looks like a blob.

However, I am 46 years old, and have always never said never, and if I was going to have a tattoo, it would have to have major significance to me. So, I have been doing some research recently into tattoos, the meanings, styles, traditions and artists. I am of course in China which have a long tradition of tattooing, mostly by the mafia types or criminal underworld. But even here, they are becoming an acceptable thing to have.
    For all my life I have been a fisherman, as long as I can remember I have held a rod in my hand
    , I have kept fish, bred fish, and I have even judged specific species of tropical fish in an international aquatic show. So fish for me have significance. I have researched traditional Chinese/Japanese Koi tattoos and I have looked at literally hundreds of images and photos of them and I really like them. So, I went to see a tattoo artist here in Shanghai and had a chat.
    I have now decided to have a tattoo. The artist listened to my requirements, understood my reasons for my design and helped me make my idea even better. I am scared and excited by the prospect of getting ‘inked’ but I have never before found the need or reason to do it.
    If anyone is interested, take a look at http://www.shanghaitattoo.com/en/ and look at the artist Ting. She was described by CNN Travel as ‘the first lady of Chinese tattooing’ Her work is art and after I am done, I will carry my art with me every day. I can post up my designs if you like to see them. My first sessions are on the 7th and 8th of March, 4 hours each, then 2 weeks later for another 2x4 hour sessions to finish up.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Ok, now this is an *interesting thread. I can see both sides of the argument ...
    ............... oh, ...

... the other side of this is that *my Father, now 78 years old has a tattoo that he had done at 20, of a heart with a couple of Swallows ...
    ... and you've just raised a *couple of s; for instance, I've always tended to be 'a little' bit behind the latest trends. So ... who knows ... ... by the time I reach your dad's age, Steve ... I could well be following today's fashion ... the BIG difference of course being, I won't have had any tattoo (that I might have by then) for upwards of half a century.

I have always never said never
    ........................... 's what I mean.

There again, Graham has provided us with a very "touching" example of his step-daughter's reasons for having it done ... reasons that are a lot less to do with fashion than being a visible expression of her appreciation of the people who'd nurtured and cared for her - to the extent that she ultimately became the sort of person of whom they're justifiably proud, today - her parents. Much in the same way as my son ALSO has a scrolled tattoo bearing the initials and dates that bear testament to his loving relationship with the mum he'd known for almost 20 years.

Nice story Steve.

I too have seen some amazingly good tattoo's in Japan.

I got quite friendly with Japanese guy at the local Steam and Sauna. He was literally covered in tattoo's and all were just stunning.
    Carina kept telling me to avoid him as he was a Yakuza Boss, but he was always friendly and polite to me.

Anyway, he would always try to convince me to have a tatoo on my back, said he would pay for it, but I must be prepared for traditional Japanese style Tebori tattooing which is done completely by hand.
    It takes ages, is very expensive and very very painful.

Needless to say I never agreed.

BTW Steve should that link be shanghaitatoo

Traditional Japanese hand tattoo artist

Some typical Japanese traditional designs styles:-

Link working now Peter, thanks

Nice tattoos by the way. Mine will be nice, but not like them you posted. They are full on Japanese very nice.

Respected Member
    I just don't understand why anyone would want a tattoo especially one that you can't see yourself without the aid of a mirror! But there again, I don't have an attention seeking problem.

Do tattoos keep you warm? I think they must do by the amount of guys I see wearing just a t shirt in -5c temperatures. I saw one such guy walking by the Cathedral here in Wakey a couple of weeks ago in just a t shirt without sleeves and torn to the waist and it was cowing freezing! But, what is he to do having recently spent a lot of money on his "artwork"?

I suppose the cost of his tattoos can be offset by only ever needing to buy skimpy t shirts for the rest of his life.

Of course, if you want to spend the rest of your life on the dole, put some on your face.

Trusted Member
    Haha...some good points. I'm sure a lot share your views.

Of course the other must-have accessory and additional 'super-tattoo' is now a large vicious Pitbull type Terrier at the end of a lead.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

Of course the other must-have accessory and additional 'super-tattoo' is now a large *vicious Pitbull type Terrier at the end of a lead.
    ... probably designed to appear as though this ferocious-looking animal's at the end of its tether - BIG GRRR >

Trusted Member
    I hope I'm not perving, but I can't help going back to look at Cheryl's legs...on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtilly View Post
    But there again, I don't have an attention seeking problem.

spent a lot of money on his "artwork"?

Of course, if you want to spend the rest of your life on the dole,
    I am not attention seeking, ask my forum friends

Tattoos are artwork, fact.

I have a good job. I have always worked since 16.

Trusted Member
    Thanks Steve.r for your kind comments on my “ factual “ post ( # 7 ). You are one of my forum friends whom I know “ for real “ and I can certainly confirm you are not attention-seeking, you are hard working, and have a good job now. In your case your proposed tattoos are artwork.

Of course the forum is for opinions as well as factual information. Unfortunately there’s a spectrum of people who decide to have tattoos. The ones who don’t bother first to do their homework and find out the risks and disadvantages of tattoos before proceeding are the very ones who may regret them later.

I don’t know Cheryl personally just as I don’t know most forum members personally. I would therefore neither criticise her ( she’s certainly been successful financially ) or imply criticism of forum members ( especially the majority whom I haven’t met ).

So long as members are aware of the possible risks of tattoos then I’m happy to have given the facts without judgement .

Thread Information