Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Talking 19 yrs.old filipina wants to apply for a fiance visa UK

Hello everyone,
    I'm back after a year, been reading this site's forum for a helpful advise. Now I need again an advise for my Filipina friend who is 19 yrs. old that wants to apply for a fiancée visa UK, I want to know if she has a possibility to get a fiancée visa w/ is her boyfriend is thrice in her age, they met online for 2months and her boyfriend went here for one month in Philippines.

Is fiancé visa is a right for her to apply? plus my friend is college under grad., is educational background can affect in applying visa? please help my friend.

why has her fiance not asked the questions, is he british

no education background doesn't effect you getting visa, as long as the relationship is genuine you shouldn't have a problem with the age gap, thou its probably wise to get as much evidence as possible
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Good question Steve!

Trusted Member
    Maybe he just doesn't know about this site...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tipzy23 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I'm back after a year, been reading this site's forum for a helpful advise. Now I need again an advise for my Filipina friend who is 19 yrs. old that wants to apply for a fiancée visa UK, I want to know if she has a possibility to get a fiancée visa w/ is her boyfriend is thrice in her age, they met online for 2months and her boyfriend went here for one month in Philippines.

Is fiancé visa is a right for her to apply? plus my friend is college under grad. ,is educational background can affect in applying visa? please help my friend.
    Your friend is the one who will make the application, but your friends fiance is the sponsor. The sponsor has by far the greatest input to the visa application requirements and MUST be aware of and responsible for compliance with UKBA requirements.

A quick browse in this forum under the 'UK VISA/British Citizenship' section will reveal a number of 'sticky' threads that will be a great help for all.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    why has her fiancee not asked the questions, is he british
    her boyfriend is a british and thrice in her age, do you think my friend can get able to get a visa?

thanks to everyone, but if you know any girls that same in the age of my friend who did apply same w/ fiancée visa and did get one maybe they can talk and get advice

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Hi tipzy23 as Joe as said there is no problem with the age gap as long as there is plenty of evidence to support the visa application to show the relationship is genuine.

I myself was worried as my wife was 23 almost half my age but everything worked out fine, I suggest your friend takes a look as Terpe said at the threads which should put your friends mind at rest.

Anyway hope everything works out fine God Bless.....

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hi tipzy23 as Joe as said there is no problem with the age gap as long as there is plenty of evidence to support the visa application to show the relationship is genuine.

I myself was worried as my wife was 23 almost half my age but everything worked out fine, I suggest your friend takes a look as Terpe said at the threads which should put your friends mind at rest.

Anyway hope everything works out fine God Bless.....
    hi thanks for the answer,she is just nervous that she will get failed out of this but really appreciate it,god bless to your family

Quote Originally Posted by tipzy23 View Post
    hi thanks for the answer,she is just nervous that she will get failed out of this but really appreciate it,god bless to your family
    No problem like I said as long as its genuine and all rules are met then age should not be brought into the matter....

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    No problem like I said as long as its genuine and all rules are met then age should not be brought into the matter....
    what is the processing time of fiancée visa?

While age should not matter is your friend ready for such a massive change of worlds? Was very tough on my 20 almost 21 year old wife back in 2005.

Will your friend want to work very hard to find a job as a young person in the UK at present and studying is costly.

Its possible to get the visa but just make sure she is ready for such a major move
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    While age should not matter is your friend ready for such a massive change of worlds? Was very tough on my 20 almost 21 year old wife back in 2005.

Will your friend want to work very hard to find a job as a young person in the UK at present and studying is costly.

Its possible to get the visa but just make sure she is ready for such a major move
    hello,thanks for that question and helpul advise, that's what I told to her if she is ready and she said yes,well anyway have nothing to do w/ someone who is really in love but her boyfriend don't want her to work since her bf has a good job in Cambridge,,can I ask the processing time of fiancée visa?thanks

Hi there my wifes visa took 8 weeks that was in October last year, I have known them to to take less and sometimes longer but the average is around 6 to 8 weeks at present, hope that helps just feel free to ask for further info if you wish...

thanks mark, hope you and your wife had a wonderful day,god bless

No problem, take care...

Thread Information