Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Respected Member
    no i dont agree with that ,same circumstances just different visa cost ,and my wifes and daughters home is the philippines there for that is why she and her daughter done the sensible thing and got tested for t b before they came here to the uk ,you just have to ask yourself here whats more important to you your wallet or your wifes health. why dont you do what i did then fly over there and go to manilla with your wife, then you will know she is safe,and when was life ever easy

Respected Member
    weve just got to go with the flo

Is anyone knows if my british citizen son need to have TB test certificate also?
    Many thanks in advance.

Trusted Member
    As the Philippines has a relatively high frequency of TB, anyone resident there and wishing to come to the UK for more than 6 months must be tested, with certain exceptions (
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...?langname=null ).

It states that all children over 11 years old must be tested. A parent or guardian of children under 11 needs to bring them to an approved clinic and complete a health questionnaire for them. The clinician decides whether they need to be tested for TB. This is for a certificate with child’s visa application. Any TB test certificate is valid for 6 months.

I can only give medical advice to the best of my knowledge – there are experts on the forum who can advise on immigration status. Even if a child already having British citizenship might not need compulsory TB testing, it would seem sensible to at least have their general health, history of contacts with TB, and BCG status checked. A BCG scar should be visible ( upper arm or leg ), but remember BCG doesn’t give complete protection against TB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information