Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally!!!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar

Finally!!!

...After waiting for 10.5 months, all my documents has been delivered!!! It was signed by Temporary Migration Team and dated 13th February 2013! Whew! All this waiting is finally over! Thank God for that! I just have to re-study again for the Life in the UK test as I want to take it before the test changes on 25th March.

A very big THANK YOU to everyone here who helped me in praying and wishing for the release of my visa and documents. I'm over the moon as the waiting and all the heartaches are over! We'll definitely apply ILR via PEO in 2 years..saves us experiencing the same situation again.

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member
    So happy for you rayna. You can finally relax now. You deserve it after the long painful waiting. I'm praying it would mine soon��

Woweeeeeeee

Wonderful news Rayna

At long last. Your waiting time must be a record

Now finally, you can both move onwards and upwards

Woww! Congrats rayna ive been reading all your painful experience and now you finally happy, happy valentines gift

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Woweeeeeeee

Wonderful news Rayna

At long last. Your waiting time must be a record

Now finally, you can both move onwards and upwards
    I think here in the forum, I'm the longest one waiting.. but I've read on the expatforum that a Thai lady has been waiting for 11 months and hasn't had heard anything yet.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Congratulations Rayna ! at last you can relax now ...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Were so pleased for you Rayna, It must be wonderful to get rid of that big weight you were carrying in your mind, hope you can relax now and enjoy your future

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    yehey!!! long wait is over now!! get the brp FLOWING!

Trusted Member
    Great news Rayna ... congratulations

Well our war is won, however we will continue to battle with the authorities using everything at our disposal to get the UKBA to speed up and be more in touch with applicants.

This week we are sending out Press Releases and they are now starting to appear around the internet. We will still be filing a complaint with the ombudsman.

Now me and Rayna have to make the most of our time as her IELTS expires in July so we will no longer be able to communicate in English after that!!
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

OMG i am so happy for you Rayna!

when i saw a thread by you titled 'finally' i was like...

so you are waiting for your BRP like me right?
    what is your plan to do next? because i don't know what to do next.

if you have time, please reply
    No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart

Hi Ana, I have to get an NI number when I get my BRP card as the dentist here needs it before I can register! I need my teeth to be cleaned! Hahaha.. Also I'm gonna continue to study for the Life in the UK test as I want to take the test before the start of the new test on 25th March. Then time to look for a work (even part time). I plan to learn how to drive too.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Hi miss rayna, about uk life test, is there expiration if we take early?

10 1/2 months the cheeky

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Well our war is won, however we will continue to battle with the authorities using everything at our disposal to get the UKBA to speed up and be more in touch with applicants.

This week we are sending out Press Releases and they are now starting to appear around the internet. We will still be filing a complaint with the ombudsman.

Now me and Rayna have to make the most of our time as her IELTS expires in July so we will no longer be able to communicate in English after that!!

1 outta 1 million residents
    Being dissident
    Who ain't kissin it

public enemy - he got game

so have you started to learn tagalog scouser Keith ? my misses just uses sign language
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Hi Ana, I have to get an NI number when I get my BRP card as the dentist here needs it before I can register! I need my teeth to be cleaned! Hahaha.. Also I'm gonna continue to study for the Life in the UK test as I want to take the test before the start of the new test on 25th March. Then time to look for a work (even part time). I plan to learn how to drive too.
    ah i see. i also told my husband i'm gonna take the life in the uk test before march because it well get harder after that date (but i think i have no time to study the whole book before that date!! ). how about the english test are we going to take it again? i took IELTS before , it will expire this september.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skysisi View Post
    Hi miss rayna, about uk life test, is there expiration if we take early?
    there is no expiry on the life in the uk cert. once u done the test then thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by MissAna View Post
    ah i see. i also told my husband i'm gonna take the life in the uk test before march because it well get harder after that date. how about the english test are we going to take it again? i took IELTS before , it will expire this september.
    Well by October 2013, all settlement applicants need to show they passed Life in the UK test and a valid English test (meaning not expired). No further details about it from the UKBA website yet, but they included that when they released the new rules on 9th July. Like you, I have to retake my IELTS..more costs!!!
    -=rayna.keith=-

All good things come to those who wait.(So they say)

Thank you all! This was really stressful and I hope and pray that everyone who's waiting would get their's SOON!!! I don't want to wish others to experience this long wait we had. If you got the extra money, don't fret to apply via PEO, it'll be worth it!
    -=rayna.keith=-

Well by October 2013, all settlement applicants need to show they passed Life in the UK test and a valid English test (meaning not expired). No further details about it from the UKBA website yet, but they included that when they released the new rules on 9th July. Like you, I have to retake my IELTS..more costs!!!
    if there will be a new rule about the life in the uk and valid english test on october 2013 for settlement, are you still going to take 'Life in uk test' before march 25th, or would it be better to wait until after October?

(me i don't think i will be able to study the whole book before march so i guess i'll take the new harder test

sorry about this questions rayna.

So so happy for you rayan now you can finally relax many congrats

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by MissAna View Post
    if there will be a new rule about the life in the uk and valid english test on october 2013 for settlement, are you still going to take 'Life in uk test' before march 25th, or would it be better to wait until after October?

(me i don't think i will be able to study the whole book before march so i guess i'll take the new harder test

sorry about this questions rayna.
    Life in the UK test has no expiration date so whether you take the old or new test, as long as you passed it, it's acceptable when you apply ILR and then British Citizenship. I have been studying last year (around October to November) so I already know some..what I need to do is study harder to be able to get the test before 25th March. I don't want to waste the book I have and what I learned so far..
    -=rayna.keith=-

Life in the UK test has no expiration date so whether you take the old or new test, as long as you passed it, it's acceptable when you apply ILR and then British Citizenship. I have been studying last year (around October to November) so I already know some..what I need to do is study harder to be able to get the test before 25th March. I don't want to waste the book I have and what I learned so far..
    thank you so much Rayna! goodluck in the exam

Rayna,
    One of the things that really helped my wife was doing those online practice tests and also the CD practice tests.
    She would do them over and over again until she was getting all the practice tests (24 question test) 100%

I know that kind of rote learning may not suit everyone (you do need a good memory) but it really helped her.
    Her objective was to pass the test. Not to be familiar with UK statistics etc.

Thank you all! This was really stressful and I hope and pray that everyone who's waiting would get their's SOON!!! I don't want to wish others to experience this long wait we had. If you got the extra money, don't fret to apply via PEO, it'll be worth it!
    looking back it would have probably been better to use the PEO..

you could have been working for 6 months or more, so possible loss of income as well as stress

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Rayna,
    One of the things that really helped my wife was doing those online practice tests and also the CD practice tests.
    She would do them over and over again until she was getting all the practice tests (24 question test) 100%

I know that kind of rote learning may not suit everyone (you do need a good memory) but it really helped her.
    Her objective was to pass the test. Not to be familiar with UK statistics etc.
    Yes Terpe, that's what I'm doing..also, I have the official Life in the UK test app in my tablet so I have been practicing last year..gonna start doing it again..
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    looking back it would have probably been better to use the PEO..

you could have been working for 6 months or more, so possible loss of income as well as stress
    I know But no one thought it'll take this long to apply by post
    -=rayna.keith=-

SOoo Happy for you Rayna.

Miss rayna, is that free in iphone app about uk life test?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information