Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advice needed, plz help

firstly just want to say say hi and im glad i stumbled on this site and hopefully i can get some advice. Also sorry if im posting this in the wrong place i wasn't sure where to put it.

Ive been trying to find information recently and have been pulling my hair out and this
    forum seems the best place to ask. ok so here it goes ...

Im a British citizen living in England with a filipina gf who is living in the Philippines (cebu). We plan on marrying at some point in the near future after she gets an annoying and prob quite lengthy annulment, but that shouldn't be a problem just quite time consuming. But then comes the problem, being together, i understand the laws on earnings in the UK now and im currently unemployed and claiming ESA and even if i was in work earning 18+k a year is pretty impossible plus there is a young child involved.
    I have also looked into moving there, but with my minimal savings id be broke in no time and with the earnings there life would be hard and maybe impossible again specially with 3 mouths to feed. But im still not ruling that option out.

So in a perfect world in the future id love her to be here living with me, but i have no idea where i stand and if i have any rights. I'm currently not working due to ill health and claiming ESA so i don't know if that makes the minimum earnings exempt list. Also theres a possibility i wont be claiming ESA in the future.

We are so so in love and just want to be together and are willing to listen to any ideas
    possible as im running out of them and its really killing us both inside. Without lots of money
    its going to be hard moving to the Philippines but im willing to listen to anything. who
    would have thought being poor and in love would be so hard :/ shes such an amazing beautiful, caring, hard
    working woman and i want my future with her.

thanks for reading and any advice good or bad would be appreciated oh also i have been
    looking through the forums looking for similar story's, etc. hope someone can help, if any more
    info is needed please just ask.

Banned
    after reading your post and weighing all the odds--i'm sorry to say your screwed. forget it. move on. you will eventually get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    after reading your post and weighing all the odds--i'm sorry to say your screwed. forget it. move on. you will eventually get over it.
    easier said than done, if the child is his

Hi Hundi, is this child yours?

either way unless you can get work to meet that income requirment your stumped,

other alternatives, you would need to be disabled and on dsa, or

find a job in europe, and use the eu route ,or

move to phil ,

hi imagine, nope the kid isn't mine. and is there a earnings requirement if i were to work in eu?

bigmac, kinda harsh but true. sadly

Banned

have you even met? or is this yet another internet romance?

you--no job

her--married already ( just like mine )

result= move on.

another point also after annulent, if it was possible to meet the requirments, is her hubby going to allow his child to come to uk,

you would need some sort of wanted skill i would think to get work in eu

we have met and since speak daily all the time. And the father would not care as he has seen the kid only a hand full of times.
    Hmm, not looking good. :(

thanks for your input

you--no job

result= move on.
    get a job, most of us have had to, i worked with a young lad, he worked 9 to 5 for minimum pay, at 6pm he went sorting parcels out 4 nights a week til 9pm, not to bring his wife to the UK but so he could afford to pay over £3,500 a year for car insurance as he was only 20, if he's willing to do what it takes to drive car, what would you do for your wife ?

already married - possible unmarried partner visa if you go and live with her for 2yrs - or she comes here on a student visa, but then you have to be careful of adultery laws in the phils.

or go the EU way

giving up is the easy option.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    meanwhile---back at the ranch------

meanwhile---back at the ranch------
    no sunny salford with my misses and kids. oh i forgot to mention while i was applying for visa's, 2 companies i worked for went bust, went looking for and found another job.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

thanks joe. how does the student visa work?

"already married - possible unmarried partner visa if you go and live with her for 2yrs - or she comes here on a student visa, but then you have to be careful of adultery laws in the phils."

with the unmarried partner visa thats for uk right after living there with her for 2years? would i need to earn over 18k at the time? how does it work. thank you

yes still need to earn £18k6, but shouldn't need annulment but that depends how long shes been separated from her husband.

Banned
    but shouldn't need annulment but that depends how

heads up to me on this.---can you explain this? on another earlier thread i was told categoricly my lady will still need an annulment----even though she is now divorced in the UK--5 years separation-----. shes been back in the phils 6 months now.

if she doesnt need an annulment i would be a very happy bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    yes still need to earn £18k6, but shouldn't need annulment but that depends how long shes been separated from her husband.
    ok thanks joe, could you explain a little more on the student visa also? thank you

bigmac - you're in a slimier situation?

Respected Member
    welcome to the forum. if you are considering of getting her a student visa, you would probably need to sit down and really think about it first as it would cost way too much. tuition fees nowadays are really expensive. in addition to that are the expenses for her journey to college/university twice a week. i just reckon it might make your situation, financially wise, more difficult. just a thought to ponder about.

Banned
    bigmac - you're in a slimier situation?

ha ha ha ha --yep--thats exactly how i would describe it.

i met my lady here--18 months ago--she was a mature student--22 years younger than me--married--with 2 kids back home. we ended up living together . of course--back when it all started--i had absolutely no idea of all this immigration nightmare.

she went back home last august when her student visa expired--having started divorce proceedings here in the UK.

i then discovered this forum--and all the new UKBA rules too. ive stumbled and staggered through quite a few threads--been told to do more research---even accused of trying to arrange a marriage of convenience---as if people know anything of my crcumstances.

at the present--she is hoping to obtain a family visit visa--she has a sister living nearby--married to a local guy.

then--the annulment minefield beckons--how long that will take--i havent a clue.

meanwhile--slight money issue--i dont earn half the required amount--just a state pension--starting in 2 weeks!--but i'm trying to sell my house--then i will have the required savings to set aside for the 6 month period. if i can sell the place lol.

so--realistically--i think about another year to 18 months should see it all sorted--if i'm still alive---or if she hasnt forgotten all about me by then

thats life

Respected Member
    lots of fish in the sea. but then again, can't blame someone who's in love.

yes its a big mess and im not yet giving up but it doesnt look easy at all. its really sad the way the system here works sometimes but there are a few options going so im really not sure right now. just finding it hard last week or so to come up with any real ideas, thats why im posting on here looking for advice.

yes there are plenty more fish in the sea you are correct but everyone is an individual and theres only one her and on my 31 years on this earth shes the nicest ive come across so its hard to just give up like that.

there is a slight possibility she could find work in europe, maybe cyprus. its extremely small chance right now tho. but would that be of any help in obtaining a eu visa/passport or something???

and thanks for the info akilah, and yes student visa isnt going to happen lol but thanks for the info

Respected Member

you--no job

result= move on.
    an annulment in the Philippines costs 150,000 the cheapest (£2800) and it depends whether the other party cooperates, if not, it will take forever to settle. and you being unemployed makes it even more difficult to go to that direction. unless she has money to spend for the annulment then its alright. and if you ever do get married, bringing her over here will cost a lot too e.g. processing papers, visa etc..

i hope its not one of the internet romances as mentioned here. and i hope you have met her and got to know her well before you can even decide to marry her.

Respected Member
    but shouldn't need annulment but that depends how

heads up to me on this.---can you explain this? on another earlier thread i was told categoricly my lady will still need an annulment----even though she is now divorced in the UK--5 years separation-----. shes been back in the phils 6 months now.

if she doesnt need an annulment i would be a very happy bunny.
    yes she still needs an annulment..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Akilah Blythe View Post
    welcome to the forum. if you are considering of getting her a student visa, you would probably need to sit down and really think about it first as it would cost way too much. tuition fees nowadays are really expensive. in addition to that are the expenses for her journey to college/university twice a week. i just reckon it might make your situation, financially wise, more difficult. just a thought to ponder about.

just to give you an idea of student visas, i came here on a student visa in 2007 and i have paid almost half a million pesos for the tuition fee, plane ticket and pocket money. you have to make sure that the school/university is credible and is listed on DIUS there are a lot of bogus colleges here accepting international students but instead of gaining a degree/qualification here, they only come here to work and work and never really attended school. thus, they have been abusing the student visa. once the school finds out that the student is no longer attending university sessions, they will report immediately to the home office and they will come and them up at home or to their workplace and immediately detain them and have them deported. chances are, their immigration records may have a mark which makes it difficult for them if not close to impossible, to come back here. besides, ive heard nowadays that student visas are no longer allowed to have working hours.. you may need to think twice on getting this route.

yes student visa isnt happening thanks for the info tho' and yes we have met but talk online since

Quote Originally Posted by Hundi View Post

there is a slight possibility she could find work in europe, maybe cyprus. its extremely small chance right now tho. but would that be of any help in obtaining a eu visa/passport or something??
    if anyone has any info on that kind of route to be together that could be helpful. and thanks for everyone's input so far

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hundi View Post
    if anyone has any info on that kind of route to be together that could be helpful. and thanks for everyone's input so far

she has to get a work permit in any of the EU countries.. she can go to employment agencies or POEA in manila to look for vacancies in european countries, or if she can find a direct employer... or if she can get a visit visa then she may have a chance of finding an employer while she is there and eventually they can process a work permit for her if she gets lucky. though she can only obtain an EU passport if she has worked there long enough and become a citizen. just like how it works here in UK.

thanks again bikramyogi, i wonder how long it would take after working in Cyprus to get citizenship Hmm.

Respected Member
    this might help:

http://www.second-citizenship.org/pe...nce-in-cyprus/

it says 7 years.

thanks again for the info, very kind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information