Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Red face Hello one and all!!

Hi All,

I've been an avid reader of the site for a few months now. Majority of reasons being that there seems to be a plethora of information on Visa applications etc.

I've been living in Cebu for 2.5 years but have worked and have had numerous vacations here since 2008.
    I am currently living with my GF of 2.5 years and had us both visit to the UK in December 2012 so that she could meet my parents and have a taste of the UK. Not the best time of year to visit, but if you can enjoy UK in the cold winter months then for sure you will have a blast come UK summertime (oh, how i miss the 10pm sunsets....).

I did not post any queries on the Visa application threads during the UK Visitor visa application (which was easy by the way, thanks to this site) as all the necessary questions had already been asked and all the necessary information had been provided already. I'm extremely grateful to all those who contribute information for others on the forums here and i have since felt it necessary to join and convey my thanks. So a BIG THANK YOU!!!

Well, anyway, i have been in this relationship for a few years, things feel right, she has met the parents.....hmmm, only one thing left to do!! We have both discussed at length how our lives can progress together. We both agree that we would like to live permanently in the UK at some stage so that also brought me back to the site to check on more details on marriage etc. I'm sure i will have one or two questions arising soon!

Anyway, my goal, all things going well, is to be with my future asawa in Ol' Blighty by the end of 2013 celebrating Christmas. Wish me luck!!

welcome is the first thing to say, and congrats too, seems like you have thought about this for a long time, will you have work in the uk when you make the move back here

Quote Originally Posted by chrisincebu View Post
    ......Anyway, my goal, all things going well, is to be with my future asawa in Ol' Blighty by the end of 2013 celebrating Christmas. Wish me luck!!
    Welcome here
    Well done for setting your goals and timeframe, and good luck with your planning.

You'll already know that you have the support of all forum members whenever you need it.

Enjoy your time here

Welcome to the forum Chris, we are all here to help and support. Good luck with your future plans

If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Welcome to the forum Chris, we are all here to help and support. Good luck with your future plans

Goodluck with your plans! I hope all goes well

welcome and goodluck...
    Always look on the bright side of life

Welcome to the forum Chris and good luck with your plans

Trusted Member
    Welcome to the forum Chris.

When considering bringing your lady to the UK on a fiancee/spouse visa, then of course your priority should be re-establishing yourself in well-paid employment here, building up a healthy bank balance and ensuring that you have 'suitable' accommodation, so that the necessary boxes can be ticked on the application forms.

Chris ... thanks for your complimentary introduction. Delighted you find the services offered on our site useful to your future plans.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Welcome to the forum Chris.

When considering bringing your lady to the UK on a fiancee/spouse visa, then of course your priority should be re-establishing yourself in well-paid employment here, building up a healthy bank balance and ensuring that you have 'suitable' accommodation, so that the necessary boxes can be ticked on the application forms.
    Nice to see so many welcomes and replies already, Notably from some familiar users that i have spotted over past research on these forums.....
    Judging from the ordeals some people have had to go through so far, eg. living in UK already and having to make time for the trip 'TO' the Philippines, i feel like i have a head start getting organised on this side at least.
    Noted on the accommodation and savings....Been saving for a while now too, results of which came in handy for the Visitor Visa we managed to get last year.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    welcome is the first thing to say, and congrats too, seems like you have thought about this for a long time, will you have work in the uk when you make the move back here
    Thanks! Luckily i'm in Offshore so it would just mean relocating back to the North Sea. Goodbye to calm seas and blue skies.... I used to work there 10 years ago and my company say it is no problem to relocate back there. Phew!! However i don't have the usual 9-5 and i have to work 5 on/5 weeks off at a time. I do that here already and my GF is used to it. As you probably already know, Filipinos make up a sizable chunk of the seaman workforce so i feel that working away from home for the benefit of the family is widely accepted in the Phils. (in fact this was one of the core reasons i am here now,UK girls just didn't have the patience for my work routine). Of course the work routine i have here will be the same when we are both in UK. Luckily on our 1 month trip to the UK we did in December, my GF got on with my close friends really well there and more importantly my family, so i'm sure she will not feel lonely. We have discussed at length that my absence from her at my work will feel different in UK compared to my absence from her here in Cebu as she will be in a different country. But i personally feel that the novelty of being somewhere new will be occupying enough until she can develop a network of friends.....

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Chris ... thanks for your complimentary introduction. Delighted you find the services offered on our site useful to your future plans.

Thank you Sir!..and to all the other kind welcoming messages so far!

Thread Information