Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Yes one can live very well on state pension in Philippines

It just depends on your circumstances back here i.e. family ties etc. Oh and thanks for the concern Joe but I am determined to get them here. Then 12 years from now retire in the phils. At least over there if you buy baboy you get baboy.

Banned
    I dont know the ins and outs of your life but if I was getting a state pension I would be over in phils and thats a fact.

my g/f has her reasons for wanting to live in this country. not the first--by any means--i would imagine.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    The fact that you are in a relationship with this Lady will actually work against her when it comes to a visitor visa

this was discussed elsewhere. she will officially stay with here relative who lives nearby. there is nothing "on record" to show we have been in a relationship so far. this starts when shes here on a f v visa. after all--its perfectly feasible we knew each other before--but absence has made the heart grow fonder.

as regards the future---and the next visa--the big one--well--i too should be alright jack too:---should have sold my house--freeing up more than enough capital to meet the savings penalty---and rent a place suitable.
    I still feel the visitor visa is a long shot i am sorry to say

They look for reasons to refuse these visa's so just bear that in mind

If she can meet all the requirements then go for it if she cant then dont waste your money on the visa fee

Good luck with what route you decide

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    if people from the EU have as good as a legal right to bring their family to the UK, why do we, British Citizens not have the same rights
    Very well said! If only we have the balls to challenge these new rules. Was it a British-Pakistani who challenged one of the UKBA EEA family permit rules in court and won and now the ruling is named after him

While finances is not an obstacle for me as I run my own limited company and could draw up to salary of 80k a year with dividend payment to myself. However the English test is an obstacle as my wife has so far failed the English test at first time trying and just waiting for report of her 2nd time trying.

To make matter worse, we've now discovered that my wife is early stage of pregnancy and she has said that if she failed the English test at 2nd time of trying then she did not want to go through the stress of writing an English test again while pregnant and would rather wait until after the birth before she will try again. Which means she is likely to give birth in Phils thanks to the English test rules.

I might just have to challenge the English test rules in court citing the fact that non English speaking Europeans are allowed to settle in UK without English test requirements. And if I win in court, people can refer to it as "The Blackcat22 Ruling"!

Some people here have said these new UKBA rules are rules and there is nothing we can do about it. I'm afraid this is very wrong. We can create a powerful lobby group to challenge and change the rules. The saying "Together we are stronger" comes to mind.

Nice try Blackcat, it looks like you earn enough to afford a good lawyer but I doubt if you will win. Anyway all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hundi View Post
    is there any chance if Labour got back in they would do a slimier thing do u think to the 18k law?
    ... not sure whether you mean slimier or similar in this context. But EITHER way, ... the answer is YES! And my reason for replying in the AFFIRMATIVE is simply because each of 's two MAIN political parties is as bad as the other. BOTH contain their UNfair share of slimy, self-seeking adherents. BOTH are equally capable of "doing the dirty" on the electorate they purport to represent. So ... with precious little to choose from between the two, they're ALSO very similar in that respect, tbh.

... now you know!

I think the present labour party would not change anything. They know the last labour government up and now they recognise the monster they created by opening the doors to the wrong type of people. Just my opinion. Unfortunately the genuine people are suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... not sure whether you mean slimier or similar in this context. But EITHER way, ... the answer is YES! And my reason for replying in the AFFIRMATIVE is simply because each of 's two MAIN political parties is as bad as the other. BOTH contain their UNfair share of slimy, self-seeking adherents. BOTH are equally capable of "doing the dirty" on the electorate they purport to represent. So ... with precious little to choose from between the two, they're ALSO very similar in that respect, tbh.

... now you know!
    Yes, sorry it was auto correct on my phone with the spelling. And yes, I know both are as bad, I don't trust them with a millimeter of my mind, body or soul. Just wondered if they had said there's a chance they will change it if they got in power.

I'm actually considering moving to the Phills, but it's gonna take a lot of consideration and I'm by no means rushing into it. I am currently trying to find a way to make money online; if anyone has any advice please contact me. I keep hearing about making money online without selling. I don't know if this is a myth. I have sold online for years but I don't really want to have stock if I was there, but I don't know.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

family visit visa and child visit visa

Good day everyone! I'm new here..my husband is a British national and we are trying to apply for a family visit visa and child visit visa since we cannot comply with the financial requirement for spouse visa because my husband only earns 12,000 GBP a year. I quit my job a year ago to focus on attending my five year old son. We're having a hard time on finding reasons to come back. My son is an illegitimate child. My husband and I haven't been together for over a year and a half. Please help us. We would come back here in Phil every after 6 months that's for sure. But how can we prove it? HELP!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information