Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil30 View Post
    we are wondering if Armelyn would be eligible to come here on a family visit visa to visit me and my family for 6 months?? does anyone know the requirements for this please? as i said..i plan to boost my salary to the requirement but we cannot be together for at least a year due to the having to be in employment for 6 months rule so we want to use the family visit visa so she can sample life here in uk and we can be together again..
    yes go for the family visit visa route, you are a british citizen and you have all the rights to sponsor your wife to visit you....and besides, whats the point of being married if you live far away with each other?? so its either she visits you and you visit her until you meet the requirements for the spouse visa.
    I also agree that every wife should be given the chance to know the way of life here before they settle , its not very easy living in the UK , its not made of Gold and Sparkly diamonds you have to work hard for it...good luck !!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    The £18600 rule is supposed to create a enormous problem. Thats why they made it.

and thats why i'm trying to find a loophole.
    what loophole are you talking about

..as a citizen of your own country you have to know your rights and you have to abide by the rules.

Banned

well--if i knew it i would say so--wouldnt i ??

so far--in this thread--we've had a link to
    EEA route--which--incidently--i started
    but alas--just bounced various ideas and opinions around--nothing concrete to work on

and elsewhere--ive seen references to polish passports available if the price is right.-----

just hoping to explore ways those of us trapped in the current regulations can share info to make a little light at the end of the tunnel------after all--dont lawyers earn a nice living finding loopholes??

instead of trying to knock me flat on my back---why not try pushing the boundaries a little--nothing ventured and all that.

and elsewhere--ive seen references to polish passports available if the price is right.-----

just hoping to explore ways those of us trapped in the current regulations can share info to make a little light at the end of the tunnel------after all--dont lawyers earn a nice living finding loopholes??

instead of trying to knock me flat on my back---why not try pushing the boundaries a little--nothing ventured and all that.
    except your spouse could be banned from entering the UK for years

read the declaration your partner will have to sign..

I am aware that it is an offence under the Immigration Act 1971 (as amended) to make a statement which I know to be false, or not believe to be true, in
    order to obtain a visa/ entry clearance to the UK. I am also aware that my application will be automatically refused and I may be banned from going to the
    UK for 10 years if I use a false document, lie or withhold relevant information. I may also be banned if I have breached immigration laws in the UK. I am
    further aware that should I use a false document, lie or withhold relevant information my details may be passed to law enforcement agencies.
    I declare that the documents that I have supplied with this application are genuine and the statements I have made with this application are truthful.
    I understand that UK Border Agency (or a trusted third party) may make reasonable checks to confirm the accuracy and authenticity of evidence I have
    provided and documents I have submitted with this application. I further understand that UK Border Agency (or a trusted third party) may also make
    reasonable checks on any sponsors to my application to verify statements contained in the application and establish that I will comply or have complied
    with the terms of any visa granted.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    there is a risk she will be refused a visit visa because your applying for the wrong visa, if your married why would she be visiting you and not a settlement visa. UKBA might say she will not return before her visa expires and so refuse the visa.

but its probably worth taking the risk it doesn't cost much, but don't expect to get one , thou you might be lucky

It's all very well UKBA refusing a visit visa especially when they check your income knowing full well that you wouldn't qualify for a spouse visa or might not have the money at that time for one.
    My wife had a visit visa turned down even though they said in the refusal letter that we may not qualify for spouse one on financial grounds either.
    It's very wrong & you can appeal which my wife did but emailed the paperwork to me but she forgot to sign it & now I find there's a 28 day time limit for an appeal which is nowhere near long enough to send a form from philippines.
    I since learned that as I have a disability allowance she could still qualify for the spouse one but we don't have the money atm.

of course you can appeal but its a long drawn out process, it could take 6 months or more, and only about 1/3rd of appeals are won.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I thought as much I'll have to tell my wife as she sent me the form not knowing how slow things like that are here.

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post

..as a citizen of your own country you have to know your rights and you have to abide by the rules.
    that's all very well but if someone got married before the £18600 income that a sponsor has to have then it's hardly a fair rule & should be challenged in a so called democratic country, especially as an non UK EU sponsor wouldn't have to meet that income req.

if people from the EU have as good as a legal right to bring their family to the UK, why do we, British Citizens not have the same rights

The £18600 rule is supposed to create a enormous problem. Thats why they made it.

and thats why i'm trying to find a loophole. simples

no good nagging about that all day because it wont change, thats the rules whether we like it or not we havent got the choice

and did these new rules apply to you--by any chance?
    Of coarse they affect me if you read my posts on the subject. Thats why Im working 5 days and 1 night on my 2 days off. And you will not find a loophole. And you are right its no use moaning about it.

I am a taxpayer and to be honest ''18,600'' is just pretty average earnings for a couple to live a ''decent life'' here in the UK, thats to cover the mortgage, bills , food , maintenance, little luxuries etc

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar

and thats why i'm trying to find a loophole. simples

no good nagging about that all day because it wont change, thats the rules whether we like it or not we havent got the choice

and did these new rules apply to you--by any chance?
    It didnt affect me when we lodge my application that time BUT even if it the financial requirement was passed before I applied, it wont affect us. Luckily my husbands earnings is just a little bit over the said requirement so it wouldnt be any problem.

Banned
    Of course they affect me if you read my posts on the subject.?

@andy 222 that reply by me was not directed at you

It didnt affect me when we lodge my application that time BUT even if it the financial requirement was passed before I applied, it wont affect us. Luckily my husbands earnings is just a little bit over the said requirement so it wouldnt be any problem.

@melovesengland---then you are very fortunate--compared to the OP--myself--and no doubt many others,

a little bit of sympathy and understanding wouldnt come amiss---just bear in mind it all changed last july--and some of us are now caught in a trap beyond our control.

I am a taxpayer and to be honest ''18,600'' is just pretty average earnings for a couple

yes--sars NV--as you say--for a couple--but it can be a dream wage for a single person trying to sponsor his partner--as the OP is.

a little bit of sympathy and understanding wouldnt come amiss---just bear in mind it all changed last july--and some of us are now caught in a trap beyond our control.
    my sympathy you have , it should be your legal right to bring your spouse and family here..

even thou I'm alright jack, my misses is a British citizen now, I've hung around here for a long time now trying to help people out.

but for some people its never been easy, myself included, trying to prove your relationship is genuine, that you can support your spouse without recourse to public funds and you have suitable accommodation that's not over crowded.

and for those who voted Tory at the last election, they were like turkeys voting for xmas

and for those who voted Tory at the last election, they were like turkeys voting for xmas
    well said, i dont think i have ever hated a politician so much in my life as i do Cameron. I wasnt old enough to really understand the Thatcher years but it wouldn't surprise me if that chump and his cronies are worse than her

Quote Originally Posted by Hundi View Post

well said, i dont think i have ever hated a politician so much in my life as i do Cameron. I wasnt old enough to really understand the Thatcher years but it wouldn't surprise me if that chump and his cronies are worse than her
    labour wouldn't have brought in the £18k6 minimum, supposedly the tories wanted to put the figure to over £25k a year but the libs wouldn't support the gov unless they used the lower figure of £18k6.

the Tories brought in a nasty law in the past The Primary Purpose rule and its one of the first things labour scrapped.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/po...05/straw.shtml

is there any chance if Labour got back in they would do a slimier thing do u think to the 18k law? i have heard they may not, just so they don't lose the votes from racist morons but id like to think they would. As much as i love this country there's a lot i dislike also.

anyway sorry to go off topic

Respected Member
    Visitor Visa if they are not working and dont own any property or do not have a decent bank balance then expect a refusal

"they have nothing to return to" is the usual quote

The fact that you are in a relationship with this Lady will actually work against her when it comes to a visitor visa

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    labour wouldn't have brought in the £18k6 minimum, supposedly the tories wanted to put the figure to over £25k a year but the libs wouldn't support the gov unless they used the lower figure of £18k6.

the Tories brought in a nasty law in the past The Primary Purpose rule and its one of the first things labour scrapped.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/po...05/straw.shtml
    £18600 may be ok in other parts of the uk but as for here in London its simply not enough

A sliding scale on where you actually live might be a better idea

Living in London i would put it at around £30k to comfortably support 2 people

Bigmac and OP.

Perhaps I have come up with another way for you to hit the salary requirement target??
    When I lived in the UK, I was self employed in the building game.. Now if I worked for a contractor,I had to give them them my self employed tax card (Cant remember the exact name for it) so every penny earned had to be declared..
    All of my work for my final 10 years however was working directly for clients,customers homeowners etc etc and had no longer any use for the tax card..
    This meant that I did my own accounts (with help of CPA) and declared whatever I wished..
    Anybody can become self employed,even if they have a full or part time job.. Perhaps your S/E work is done at weekends etc..

Do you get my point?? How hard will it be to declare the salary you need (for visa requirements) yourself??
    Sure there will be a bit more tax to pay but this is one surefire method of hitting the 18,600 sum..
    If it were me I`d declare around the 25k mark.. I actually did this once before we applied for a mortgage (income requirement)..Worked like a dream.
    Others may disagree but that is what I would do....I would do it in a heartbeat.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/selfemployed/

Banned
    The fact that you are in a relationship with this Lady will actually work against her when it comes to a visitor visa

this was discussed elsewhere. she will officially stay with here relative who lives nearby. there is nothing "on record" to show we have been in a relationship so far. this starts when shes here on a f v visa. after all--its perfectly feasible we knew each other before--but absence has made the heart grow fonder.

as regards the future---and the next visa--the big one--well--i too should be alright jack too:---should have sold my house--freeing up more than enough capital to meet the savings penalty---and rent a place suitable.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Of coarse they affect me if you read my posts on the subject.?

@andy 222 that reply by me was not directed at you

@melovesengland---then you are very fortunate--compared to the OP--myself--and no doubt many others,

I am a taxpayer and to be honest ''18,600'' is just pretty average earnings for a couple

yes--sars NV--as you say--for a couple--but i can be a dream wage for a single person trying to sponsor his partner--as the OP is.
    bigmac, i understand what you feel and we are not here to argue with this. i am just trying to point out that even you moan all day, nothing and nothing will ever change. that is the rules, we cant do anything about that. obviously, by how you explain yourself and opinion you have your own way on doing it. i aint against of anything, i dont care how you do it anyway illegal, legal, hard way or easy way i dont care. i am just trying to point that moaning wont change anything. its not productive!

and if i havent got sympathy to the members here, i wouldve not helped them out by my own experiences and knowledge.

this was discussed elsewhere. she will officially stay with here relative who lives nearby. there is nothing "on record" to show we have been in a relationship so far. this starts when shes here on a f v visa. after all--its perfectly feasible we knew each other before--but absence has made the heart grow fonder.

as regards the future---and the next visa--the big one--well--i too should be alright jack too:---should have sold my house--freeing up more than enough capital to meet the savings penalty---and rent a place suitable.
    you have to be a bit careful here, what you say is true, but if she comes here on a visit visa, and later on she applies for another visa and then mentions she is in a relationship with you before , that's when problems could start as she failed to mention the relationship, but if you do mention it, its possible they could refuse her for that, stating they don't believe she would go back, you just cant win.

i'm sure there are ways of getting to £18k6

To be honest and this may seem a little bit selfish. But its not meant to be. For me £18600 is not a problem. I am a stubborn old git and set in my ways. I want my stepdaughter to come with here with her mother and there is the problem. Raising the other £3800 per year. But I am getting there.

Banned

not in my case--no way--i'm on state pension from next week---less than half the £18k---NOT that i'm complaining at all--in fact--i count myself fortunate---and i can manage on it.

the irony is--if my lady did get through the visa-maze--she could easily earn the full amount on her own. there are jobs here waiting for her.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    To be honest and this may seem a little bit selfish. But its not meant to be. For me £18600 is not a problem. I am a stubborn old git and set in my ways. I want my stepdaughter to come with here with her mother and there is the problem. Raising the other £3800 per year. But I am getting there.
    why cant you get your misses here, shes gets a job asap then when your eligible apply for a visa for the child, or doesnt she want to be parted from the child at all?

Your right on one thing Joe neither one of us want to be split up from the kid. Plus there is no family to look after her.

not in my case--no way--i'm on state pension from next week---less than half the £18k---NOT that i'm complaining at all--in fact--i count myself fortunate---and i can manage on it.

the irony is--if my lady did get through the visa-maze--she could easily earn the full amount on her own. there are jobs here waiting for her.
    I dont know the ins and outs of your life but if I was getting a state pension I would be over in phils and thats a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Your right on one thing Joe neither one of us want to be split up from the kid. Plus there is no family to look after her.
    thought so Andy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information