Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CFO in Cebu City...

Hi guys does anyone here had their CFO seminar in Cebu City... How long will it take to have that sticker coz im planning to go there next week (flights is cheaper..) and return to Davao on the same day last flight. Is it possible and how far is CFO Office (the one fronting San Carlos Boys HS) from the airport? Thanks!

P.S. Ebony asa ka tubag palihog beh.... hehehehe
    There is only one happiness in life...
    TO AND BE D ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by prettyd30 View Post
    Hi guys does anyone here had their CFO seminar in Cebu City... How long will it take to have that sticker coz im planning to go there next week (flights is cheaper..) and return to Davao on the same day last flight. Is it possible and how far is CFO Office (the one fronting San Carlos Boys HS) from the airport? Thanks!

P.S. Ebony asa ka tubag palihog beh.... hehehehe
    As far as I know, the sticker is issued on the same day, at the end of the seminar, if you already have the Visa on your passport.
    But I might be wrong.

Try this
    http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_cebu.htm

good luck

london well away from those people up norf
    If its like the manila CFO back in 05 the Wife and her Tita had to get there reaaaal early to wait for a ticket. Things may have changed or others may know more but i would make sure your there pretty early to ensure no problems to ensure room in your seminar.
    When the Wife went there were only two other brit candidates so no problems but as its a turn up on the day thing you never know how many may turn up on your particular day.
    I think the US have more of a problem due to the sheer numbers who have to take the seminar.

Thanks AndyPaul and Aromulus...
    TO AND BE D ...

No Probs although the missus went to the CFO before applying for her Visa as she wanted to change the name in her passport to her married name and needed a letter for the DFA.

If you search ~(im sure you have already) your find a few of us have written reviews of the CFO but most are for the manila cfo.

I know the CFO took most of the day and the Wife did not need to get a stamp which we got once we recieved the Visa which meant going to a different location in manila and took an hour or so. She ws knackered and like all good self respecting phills staving as she had no snacks during the day

So make sure you get loads of rest on the plane and the day before, and have a decent breaksfast.

normally they give seminars for american fiance or spouse in the morning if they are too many, depends on the day. and other countries includes uk is in the afternoon. Aromulus is right you can go straight to the cfo office after the seminar and have your sticker on as long as you have the visa already.

goodluck.

ann

hi prettyd30

day lahi baya ang office sa seminar ug ang cfo office. ang atbang sa san carlos boys high kay diha ang seminar sa madre o staff. dayon after ana adto dayon ka sa cfo office para sa sticker nga duol sa dfa. mga 10 to 20 mins kun mgajeep ka depende sa traffic duol ra bya sakay lang ka jeep moagi sa sto nino o dfa. pwede sad magtaxi ka kun gusto ka madali.

ang office sa seminar( limot ko name hehehehehe) gikan sa airport medjo layo jud siya day. kun magtaxi gali ka ingna jud ang driver adto agi sa reclamation para dali padulong sa sm cebu dayon san carlos dayon. kay traffic kun adto ka agi sa mandaue city proper. siguro mga 45 mins to 1 hour.

amping ug ayo ayo.
    gimingaw noon ko sa cebu da.huhuhuhuhuhuuhu! bisdak jud oi!

ann

Hello Ann! (patay eh no.. hehehe)

Mao lagi day nanawag na man ko sa St. Mary's makalagot bya tong nakatubag uy hadlokon man hinuon ta. Tinuod nga bitbiton tanan docs gang? Naglibog na ko lahi-lahi ilang tubag ngadto. Unsa ba gyud ang dad-on? Unya pwede d ay sa hapon mag seminar? Pila pud kaoras mahuman ang seminar dala na ang pagkuha sa sticker madala ra ba half day na? Salamat gyud sa pagtubag gang... Ayaw kabalaka dad-an ra nya tka ug Shamrock nga utap o unsa ba kahag dangit o nukos nga buwad nlang haron mangalanag na imong mga silingan nganha ug mafeel nmo naa ka pa Cebu.... hahahaha
    TO AND BE D ...

Andy thanks ha!

I will look into it.... There might be a slight difference with the procedure and schedule.
    TO AND BE D ...

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

I wish I understood this.

Al

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I wish I understood this.

Al

You ain't the only one...

Learning Klingon will be a piece of cake, compared to Tagalog or Bisayan...

Hello pretty,

For sure dal-a tanan ang inyong documents ug apili pud pics ninyo. Kung completo ang inyo documents nga req. sa cfo dali raka ma issuehan ug cfo certifacate ilabi na kung duna na visa imo passport..mahuman raka ana 1 day apil cfo sticker....Katong pag seminar nako sa cfo Cebu buntag gisabay rami ang mga fiance ug spouse maskin asa ka nga destination..after that gi seprate mi depende asa mi nga country amo destination and then gi interview mi one on one.

Ok, good luck hah!

Hi gang!

Salamat kaayo ha... D ay pa, unsang oras nimo nakuha ang sticker?
    TO AND BE D ...

I keep typing 888 and no subtitles appear

Sorry guys...
    TO AND BE D ...

Its ok i have a translator who is busy watching tv at the mo

After reading through numerous posts/guidance on the CFO process i'm still left a bit confused

Hannah is going to Cebu this week to attend the necessary Seminar and get the required stamp.

Can anyone summarise an Idiots Guide to what I have to do please.

After going the visa process this is the alst thing we need lol

Quote Originally Posted by STU3UK View Post
    After reading through numerous posts/guidance on the CFO process i'm still left a bit confused

Hannah is going to Cebu this week to attend the necessary Seminar and get the required stamp.

Hi STU3UK, what is making you really confuse about with the CFO seminar?

As what i could remember when i did mine nearly two years ago was i went there in the office in the morning to register myself(you really have to be early cos they're only doing seminar for a number of people in a day) then if she's lucky enough to go there where there's a schedule for UK then in the afternoon she'll be required to go back and attend the seminar. After that, if she got all the documents needed or required then she'll get the stamp after she's finish(I think its in the different building as well).
    If your gf got the number of the CFO it would be better for her to give them a ring and ask for the schedule so for her to know what to do. Nothing complicated in this step really.

Hope this one helps.

Hi STU3UK what day would that be 'coz i will be in Cebu on Thrusday to attend the seminar... I called St. Mary's about the schedule they told me its Monday-Friday, 7:30am registration, 8:00 fill up forms I'm not really sure how long it will take. They will only accommodate 15 applicants for USA and 15 for other countries for the day. Hope to meet her there... Good Luck!
    TO AND BE D ...

Hi Stu,
    You should find out most of what you need to know here: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/ . I'm told that it's wise to be there very early to be sure of a place on the course on that day (they only accept so many and it's first come first served) and also, if possible she should find out where the office is that issues the certificate, I think it's the DFO to prove she has attended the course as it's not the same place where the course is held. She should also find out about what she must bring with her and what info about you she will have to provide.

When my wife Louella attended the seminar in Cebu, she travelled from Cagayan De Oro by ferry overnight, arriving very early in the morning and she had a ticket to return to CDO that night, but by the time the seminar was over it was too late to make it through the rush hour traffic to the office that issues the certificate and so she had to book into a hotel and stay overnight.

BTW, the certificate is just to prove she has attended the seminar, she still has to go back to the DFO office to get the sticker in her passport if she doesn't already have a visa in her passport. If she already has the visa in her passport, I think they put the sticker in her passport there and then.

Cheers,

Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by prettyd30 View Post
    Hi STU3UK what day would that be 'coz i will be in Cebu on Thrusday to attend the seminar... I called St. Mary's about the schedule they told me its Monday-Friday, 7:30am registration, 8:00 fill up forms I'm not really sure how long it will take. They will only accommodate 15 applicants for USA and 15 for other countries for the day. Hope to meet her there... Good Luck!

Hi PrettyD30.

She is arriving in Cebu on Thursday morning from CDO via ferry and will go straight to the Registration. If she is dealyed for any reason she will go on the Friday. I will tell her you are attending on the Thursday and PM you her CP number just in case heheh.

I think I understand it now what was confusuing me was the two locations, for the seminar and the stamp. Thnaks everyone

Hi PrettyD30.

She is arriving in Cebu on Thursday morning from CDO via ferry and will go straight to the Registration. If she is dealyed for any reason she will go on the Friday. I will tell her you are attending on the Thursday and PM you her CP number just in case heheh.

I think I understand it now what was confusuing me was the two locations, for the seminar and the stamp. Thnaks everyone
    From my Wife told me its fairly simple once there and everyone generally helps one another so don't worry to much

Banned

Yes, apparently it is an absolute piece of cake.

As long as she is there early enough to get registered for that day intake, other wise it will have to be the day after.

Jet needed to attend so she could change her name on the passport, she went back today for the sticker.

It is really easy, nothing to worry about, it is not an examination, it is just a presentation.

Good luck to the both of you.

Hi guys, (and girls) excuse my ignorance, but this is the first I have heard about CFO. Can someone point me in the right direction to what its about. I am already a nervous wreck waiting to see if we get a settlement visa. Please don't tell me we have to jump through more hoops. I think I might just

Can someone pleas ejust clarify the place Hannah should first go to to register when she arrive in Cebu please?

Just for my own reassurances lol

Can someone pleas ejust clarify the place Hannah should first go to to register when she arrive in Cebu please?

Stu3uk, Why dont you or your gf/wife phone the cfo cebu in that case its either of the two of you can speak to them personally and will be given the right direction to where the location is. You'll be rest assured that you're gf/wife will be in the right place on that day.

CFO Cebu
    Telefax : (032) 255-5253
    E-mail Add.: cfocebu@cfo.gov.ph

Hi there STU3UK she has to go first at St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation its located infront of San Carlos Boys High School for the seminar and then after she got her certificate, she has to go to the CFO Office for the sticker its near the DFA Office.
    TO AND BE D ...

CEBU

For newly applicants who have decided to attend seminar in cebu here are the address.

SMEF-COW (for CFO guidance/counseling seminar):
    3d Floor Aya-ay Arcade
    Gen. Maxillon Ave.
    CEBU CITY
    (Fronting San Carlos University Boys High School beside Cherry Building, near corner of Gen Maxillon / R.Rhamann, opposite the intersection from the Family Choice Pharmacy, on the south side of Gen. Maxilom Ave about a block East of the huge Inglesia ni Cristo church, on your right when coming from Osmena circle and heading to Cebu harbor thru Gen Maxillon).
    Phone: (63 32) 235-3745/46 or 232-1033

CFO Extension office (for CFO pre-departure registration and stamp):
    Causing-Lozada Building.
    Osmena Blvd. corner Lapulapu St. (near Plaza Independencia). It is located on the 2nd floor in DFA building, not far from Basilica Minore del Santo Niño.
    CEBU CITY
    Phone & FAX: (63 32) 255-5253
    http://filipinaroses.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=14

Scot ===>

"The world is all about diversity. I am different and you are different."

Banned
    This is the place you need to look for - easy to miss

Hi everyone!

Hannah and I got our CFO stickers already. Thanks for all your advices!
    TO AND BE D ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information