Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Visa Extension question on passport

Hi agian, I am applying for extension of my stay in Philippines & filling our my online form, there is a question about my passport. PLACE OF ISSUE ? Can any one help me what to fill in here? Is the place of issue UKPA or GBR ??? Its a little vague.

Also:
    SCHEDULE OF FEES:
    Single entry visa valid for three (3) months from date of issue- £22.00
    Multiple entry visa valid for six (6) months from date of issue- £43.00
    Multiple entry visa valid for one (1) year from date of issue- £65.00

Question: In my application I have put the date I want this to start but ie: 29th June but does "date of Issue" validity mean from the day i get in my post or from the date I specified?

Many thanks
    John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    where are you applying? are you in the Philippines right now?
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

If your flying to manila just get the extension from immigration at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    If your flying to manila just get the extension from immigration at the airport.
    Yeah, that's what I'm gonna advise you too. It's easier doing it there.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm gonna advise you too. It's easier doing it there.
    I am sure it is; but its one big worry to leave it to that day as I will be marrying that month & if for some reason something went wrong I would be devested .. can apply here either in person or by notarised details and have it posted back to me.
    I will feel 100% happier knowing I have it now
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Most of the members here did it when they arrived at NAIA and only have to ask the immigration officers. I'm sure they can attest that there's no problem at all
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Most of the members here did it when they arrived at NAIA and only have to ask the immigration officers. I'm sure they can attest that there's no problem at all
    Thanks Raynaputi for good advise; I will have a good think about this .. can this be done at the airport in Manila? If so can you advise me of the way to arrive it the non immigrations desk?

Many thanks

May i also ask, what documents would i require to take with me? Do you have any link to the immigrations in Manila?
    Many thanks

John

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    Thanks Raynaputi for good advise; I will have a good think about this .. can this be done at the airport in Manila? If so can you advise me of the way to arrive it the non immigrations desk?

Many thanks
    Yes, when you arrive at NAIA and go to the Immigration desk, just ask for an extension and the immigration officer would instruct you where to get it (a room near the immigration desk and someone would assist you from there). Don't worry as others here in the forum have done it.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Respected Member

Sheriel from Leyte

Hello,jusy for peace of mind apply Philippines Embassy London,phone for Form for 3 months,complete form,notorasised here by a Solicitor,visa return in a working week by post,job done,for peace of mind,

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    May i also ask, what documents would i require to take with me? Do you have any link to the immigrations in Manila?
    Many thanks

John
    Just your passport and return ticket and of course the payment.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Respected Member

Sheriel from Leyte

i have done this 3 times for 3months Visa it works for me,and i had peace of mind for Visa,try yourself easy,

Quote Originally Posted by sheriel View Post
    i have done this 3 times for 3months Visa it works for me,and i had peace of mind for Visa,try yourself easy,
    Hi Sheriel .. thanks for that response .. may I ask one more question. I am flying out on June 29th can I apply now for the visa ( 3 month one ) or will I need to wait until say 1st May which would be 2 months before I fly out & 3 months by end of holiday.

Also my friend I am reading the visa application form, Can you confirm.
    1. I most post my passport with pre-paid special delivery envelope for return.
    2. Have my application form notarized by solictor.
    Question you said PHONE for form? I have a standard one I printed on line link enclosed, is this ok?
    http://philembassy-uk.org/wp-content...form2a_new.pdf
    3. Send my postal order.
    4. Send my last bank statement.

many thanks ..from sunny Devon

john

Just a thought that if you happen to go to London in the next weeks or days or months, you can personally drop the papers into the Phil. embassy and they will send them back to you when its completed usually the next day. That way you don't need them notarized if you take them in person.

And yes, you can apply for the visa. Tell them what you're proposed dates of travel and that's what they print on the visa. I hope this helps you...

My husband says get it on landing in Phils. you just need to bring what raynaputi mentioned to bring with you...

Gwen
    Always look on the bright side of life

John,

The maximum stay you will get is 59 days and not 3 months. If you plan to be here longer than that you can easily get an extension at the bureau of immigration. If you are not in manila at that time this can be done at any of there satellite offices that are scattered around the country.
    Seems you would be more comfortable having the visa in your passport before you go so i would advice you to use the embassy.

Respected Member
    Hi John,

Re the place of issue, I put Liverpool on my previous application which was fine even though it doesn't state this on my passport. I will be doing the same again very soon. I know that Liverpool was always the Passport office to use for our area if you needed a passport urgently and you could apply in person. I don't know if this would be the case for Devon. The only other passport office I know of is in Durham city but, maybe there are others.

There's no harm in trying to ring the embassy for some guidance but, in my experience, they are not fussed about answering the phone.

Good luck mate.

Bill

Thank you everyone for your kind advise .. I am very lucky to belong to this very helpful forum ... and when i get married and my wife is here.. I to will be heer to help others like you have to me Many thanks

John

Respected Member
    hi john ,i dont know about british passports but our passports have the name of office where passport was issued under photo on passport -ie dublin .

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Place of issue/ authority IPS on british passport

Respected Member

Sheriel from Leyte

Hello John,re Visa you have plenty of time,the first Visa i apply for was in 2005 ,we didnt have computer then,i phoned Philippines embassy in London ,helpfull,they sent form i completed and with in one working week i had my passport back with i correct 59 days Visa stamped in my Passport and peace of mind,before i arrive in Cebu Philippines,try online today moving with the Times for Visda before you travel i would,you can stiill phone embassy for advice,i have on numerous times from here,they are helpfull,

John,
    I agree with Sheriel.
    If you have plenty of time to do it here in uk that would be the best solution for peace of mind.
    Better to minimise as many risks as possible.

Thread Information