Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Lightbulb New Life in the UK handbook published today

28 January 2013

An updated Life in the UK test handbook will be available to buy today.

The new handbook supports the UK Border Agency's Life in the UK test for migrants wishing to seek permanent residence in the UK or naturalisation as a British citizen.

It has been updated to provide the reader with a more accurate reflection of living in the UK, with a greater focus on British culture and history. The handbook is user-friendly and has taken on board feedback from the user evaluation survey, the public and other interested parties.

The handbook celebrates British achievements and prominent individuals in the fields of science, culture, literature and sport. It also highlights the natural beauty and major landmarks of the UK. There is information on government, democracy, the legal system and how individuals can contribute to their community, plus a greater emphasis on the responsibilities as well as privileges of living in the UK.

It will fit easily into a pocket or bag and includes useful 'check that you understand' boxes at the end of every section, and a glossary of key words and phrases.

A new Life in the UK test will be introduced on 25 March 2013, 8 weeks after publication of the new handbook, to allow candidates time to prepare. Unlike the current test which only has questions on selected chapters, the new test will include questions on all sections of the new handbook, meaning that candidates will be tested on their knowledge of history and the law. The booking system will make it clear to candidates whether they are booking the new or old test.

Source:-
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...7-new-handbook

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Thats brilliant! Atlast it has been published. I have been waiting for that since Oct.

Check out Amazon and also consider checking out any new apps for phones/tablets etc

Get cracking on your learning journey. Best of British Luck

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Yeah, i think i will download it from the app store. Not sure if its already updated. Yeah, while theres nothing else to do better to start cracking on the subject that I never LIKED, HISTORY. It can be a long journey for me. Grrrr

That's good, that means I can use the WHSmith gift card that I got last christmas to buy this book.. i wish it will be available in that store then.

Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post
    Yeah, i think i will download it from the app store. Not sure if its already updated. Yeah, while theres nothing else to do better to start cracking on the subject that I never LIKED, HISTORY. It can be a long journey for me. Grrrr
    There's no expiry on the pass certificate (old test anyway) and the best time to get it done is when you have time to practice and study.
    Go girl go

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Here's the link of the official book http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.a...trackid=002417
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Here's the link of the official book http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.a...trackid=002417
    That's a great link Rayna

Includes good detailed information and a help line number

Well done.

Thread Information