Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Indian-Filipino couple jailed for kissing on Dubai beach

that's what i tell little joe we're doing even he doesn't fall for that one

A couple, a 28-year-old Indian man and a 25-year-old Filipino woman, has been jailed for a year for kissing in public on a Dubai beach.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/-/1064849/
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member vernier caliper's Avatar
    PDA, wearing sleeveless or miniskirt, and sex before marriage are just some of the BIG NO NOs of Dubai. Very immaculate place they said but they are at the same time. The annoying truth is, they are blind to see Emirati people raping helpless women and deaf to hear out loud complaint on harassments.

I'm thankful indeed that Trefor and I managed to live together in Dubai with no hassle though we're only bf/gf that time. Dangerous but exciting!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I know a filapina who worked for a family in Dubai, they took her passport from her and fed her the leftovers of food and the father and son made her have sex with them as though it was one of her duties. She escaped when they visited London approx 20 years ago !!

Respected Member
    of course there are dreadful things go on,, everywhere,, but if you are going to live in another country surely you have a responsibility to adhere to their laws and customs,, if you are going to get drunk and start behaving in an unacceptable manner,, well ???

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vernier caliper View Post
    PDA, wearing sleeveless or miniskirt, and sex before marriage are just some of the BIG NO NOs of Dubai. Very immaculate place they said but they are at the same time. The annoying truth is, they are blind to see Emirati people raping helpless women and deaf to hear out loud complaint on harassments.

I'm thankful indeed that Trefor and I managed to live together in Dubai with no hassle though we're only bf/gf that time. Dangerous but exciting!
    Just another primitive toilet state that owes its wealth to having oil in the ground underneath it...and the ability of civilised countries to extract it.

However, if some foreigners are desperate or ignorant enough to go and live amongst such people, then good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by nnomad View Post
    of course there are dreadful things go on,, everywhere,, but if you are going to live in another country surely you have a responsibility to adhere to their laws and customs,, if you are going to get drunk and start behaving in an unacceptable manner,, well ???
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Just another primitive toilet state that owes its wealth to having oil in the ground underneath it...and the ability of civilised countries to extract it.

However, if some foreigners are desperate or ignorant enough to go and live amongst such people, then good luck to them.
    Well summed up Graham I couldn't agree more

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Respected Member
    Well I suspect they were doing more than just a quick kiss. They obviously offended someone and didn't even notice until too late.

Dubai is indeed a conflicted place, but the rules are pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Well I suspect they were doing more than just a quick kiss. They obviously offended someone and didn't even notice until too late.

Dubai is indeed a conflicted place, but the rules are pretty clear.
    It doesn't have to be more than a quick kiss as a quick kiss is all it takes to offend someone & get slung in to jail in a state that clearly still lives in the dark ages

Laws are Laws if you go to these places you have to respect them. They dont mess about. (excluding britain of coarse).

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Laws are Laws if you go to these places you have to respect them. They dont mess about. (excluding britain of coarse).
    Agreed laws are laws but come on a kiss is going to far it could only happen in a Muslim country can you imagine kissing you wife in public in the Phils & getting banged up I'm sure rules are rules wouldn't come into it then andy

Respected Member
    graham -are u saying that all filipino that are working in dubai are desperate or ignorant ?

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    graham -are u saying that all filipino that are working in dubai are desperate or ignorant ?
    Did I say ALL or even 'FILIPINO' , or are you just picking a fight as per usual ?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

I agree. Can never understand the attraction of these stone age holes. I even avoid the places if I'm flying to manila.

Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    I'll bite.............yes!

The risks of going to such places are made clear.............still you see the sickening heartwrenching sight of the huge lines in the OFW queues at Manila Airport, so ignorant - perhaps.

However the latter one is more to the point - "desperate". Simple as that, the choices are there, and they choice is to take that risk. Working as for one example in the blistering heat, running into the road in-between traffic to scrub the crossings to make them clean. Go to Dubai and you will see this one example of immigrant worker.

Argue with that if you want, I would say anyone who would leave their country to work in such a must be to some extent desperate.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    I'll bite.............yes!

The risks of going to such places are made clear.............still you see the sickening heartwrenching sight of the huge lines in the OFW queues at Manila Airport, so ignorant - perhaps.

However the latter one is more to the point - "desperate". Simple as that, the choices are there, and they choice is to take that risk. Working as for one example in the blistering heat, running into the road in-between traffic to scrub the crossings to make them clean. Go to Dubai and you will see this one example of immigrant worker.

Argue with that if you want, I would say anyone who would leave their country to work in such a must be to some extent desperate.
    Have you actually been to Dubai/UAE? I think you'll find 99% of the OFWs going there get exactly what they are expecting. The UAE is far from perfect, but I recall a recent 'slave' case in the UK too. The people/tribes from different Arab countries do behave differently. I agree that a female going to Saudi or Kuwait as a house help/maid needs to be very very very careful. Dubai less so.

As for the huge lines at Manila airport, yes they want to go abroad to earn money to feed their families.

The PH government have now put the CFO process in place to try and educate OFW going to all countries.

Respected Member
    of course some of them , many even, are desperate, not many people will leave their own country and families to go work abroad,,, but that in no way gives anybody any right to ridicule them, i for one have enormous empathy and respect for them,, but , as i am sure, most OFW know that they have to conform to local laws and culture however backward or stoneage they may consider them to be, if onlt if fear of loosing their much needed income.
    obviously this instance was not any quick kiss,,,,,

Respected Member
    well since u seem to have memory loss (However, if some foreigners are desperate or ignorant enough to go and live amongst such people,) arent all filipino that go there foreigners?u would think that since there are many filipino on this website -u would show them more respect

Respected Member
    some of my relatives live there and we were able to meet for short time last july ,or are you just picking a fight as per usual ? you seem to be the expert at fighting

Thread Information