Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Job

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Only problem with my job is although I am on 23,000+ a year, about 5,000 of that is made up by things like shift pay, non sickness bonus etc etc........ Although it all goes on to my earnings a year and last year I earnt just a few pound short of £25000. Not great but for someone who left school at 15 and has no qualifications it's about all I can earn with my skills.
    Hmm ... I'd say it looks as though you're on the RIGHT track for when it's your fiancee's turn to apply!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    A little bit tongue in cheek, I know. But have you considered whether M&S might be able to help with your future lifeplan strategy?
    The EEA route for settlement looks to be a highly attractive option worth consideration, especially if M&S may be open to help.

Food for thought anyway
    I did ask for a transfer to one of the stores in the malls in Manila, but I have a feeling they didn't take my request seriously!

One of our old store managers had worked his way up over the years, an last we heard he was moving to China in a high up position over there within the business

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBloodAda View Post
    I did ask for a transfer to one of the stores in the malls in Manila, but I have a feeling they didn't take my request seriously!

One of our old store managers had worked his way up over the years, an last we heard he was moving to China in a high up position over there within the business
    I was thinking more of 6 months in Europe under a FREE visa then a FREE Family Permit to UK, then after 6 years a British Passport for your mahal, then whatever takes your fancy
    No nonsense from UK immigration rules

BTW could I get a job with M&S in Manila?????????

I was thinking more of 6 months in Europe under a FREE visa then a FREE Family Permit to UK, then after 6 years a British Passport for your mahal, then whatever takes your fancy
    No nonsense from UK immigration rules

BTW could I get a job with M&S in Manila?????????

All sounds pretty good, but surely the fact that other than very basic Tagalog, I speak no other language at all, so working for a retailer in foreign nations where my experience is with dealing with the public, isn't going to be easy

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBloodAda View Post
    .......I speak no other language at all, so working for a retailer in foreign nations where my experience is with dealing with the public, isn't going to be easy
    Here's my last effort on this, there are EU member states where English is spoken. (EG Ireland)

Here's my last effort on this, there are EU member states where English is spoken. (EG Ireland)
    It's an option so certainly something I won't shun just yet, but for now I'm trying to look to be able to stay here. The bonus if I can stay here is Ruby already has friends around this area, plus a promise from her old boss of a job if/when she returns, so the hope is not to move from South East Kent if possible

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information