Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Advice pls :)

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Advice pls :)

Hi Everyone!

I'm new here..

Really need help.

Both my parents are British Citizen and currently paying their own house. My mom works as a Nurse and my Dad was a carer in South wales.

we are planning to go to UK. What visa should I get? As per advice by my mother's boss it should be student visa, since he's planning to hire him in his new nursing home. (2hrs away from my parents work :()

Is it possible also to bring my husband and 2 kids? I dont have any siblings.

I already took IELTS.

Really appreciate ur replies. Thank you!

what are you planning to go to the uk for and how long ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

If it is possible maybe 5 years.. Havent been with my parents for more than 15years..ifme and my husband work, perfectly better..

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    You're planning to go to UK and get a student visa, and yet your intention of going here is really to work??? This forum doesn't advise anyone to do something that would cause illegalities.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

You have no reason to go to the UK other than a holiday. We will not advise you as stated above for any illegal entry. Our country is failing because of people who come to our country and overstay. There is also no chance of you entering the Uk to work as NON- EUROPEAN nationals are not permitted unless you are a rocket scientist or brain surgeon. You will not get work as carers or domestic helpers of your parent's boss either.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    You're planning to go to UK and get a student visa, and yet your intention of going here is really to work??? This forum doesn't advise anyone to do something that would cause illegalities.
    Hi mam..

I was landed to this forum, as I was researching for a help what would be the best visa to get. We have really no idea, and as not to waste our time and money. We really want to plan it very well. Both my parents are residing in UK more than years, as there is no more chances that they can they stay here in Phils. We are planning to go there. Mr. joebloggs asked me, so i answered if its possible 5 years and if we can worked while staying there it would be perfectly better.

Last night was the first day of my research so i'm starting from scratch, 0 knowledge honestly. That's why I'm asking for a advice, help and assistance.

Thank you, and my apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    You have no reason to go to the UK other than a holiday. We will not advise you as stated above for any illegal entry. Our country is failing because of people who come to our country and overstay. There is also no chance of you entering the Uk to work as NON- EUROPEAN nationals are not permitted unless you are a rocket scientist or brain surgeon. You will not get work as carers or domestic helpers of your parent's boss either.
    Thaks for the reply sir. Maybe I haven't explained my query very well. There a lot of gathered opinions and advices from agencies that will cost us P22000. That's why I'm starting to do it by myself. But I think I started it with a bad impression.

We are not planning to do illegal entry. I was just puzzled if we would get Family visitor, tourist etc.. like what dcuments should I need since I'm not yet sure which visa should I get. I'm reading UKBA, but I really want to hear from others that it is in my same situation.

Thank you. My apology!

Others more knowledgeable than I will surely give you many reasons why it may be very difficult for you,your husband and kids to join your parents via the study visa route.. (or any other visa route)
    If they had decided to live in the U.S back then,then Im sure that they could have sponsored you and you would have been there years ago.

Im now just wondering how difficult it might be to become a Bulgarian or Romanian citizen as a different legal route into the UK?
    If you were to become a Bulgarian or a Romanian citizen, then in approximately one years time you could join your family in the UK,work,study and claim full benefits without even needing to fill in a single visa form.. Imagine that!!
    The same goes if you became a Polish citizen (Except that you could walk straight into the UK as a citizen of an EU member country) which I think is easier to acquire these days then it was before.
    All completely legal and above board.. Hey!!..Just an idea!
    In the mean time I wish you luck and hope you one day manage to live near your Parents in the United kingdom..
    If there is still any room.

hi...im not really certain but I attends a seminar before in the Phils about a student visa here in the UK. It says that you are allowed to work but only for a maximum of 20 hours per week. So you will study and some hours you can work. Doing more than what is required is illegal so if you'll be caught doing so, maybe you'll be deported and the establishment your working will pay fines. I don't know if there are any changes with that. But if you'll be on a student visa, you can't bring your husband and kids unless your husband will also get a student visa but kids would still can't go with you.

If you don't mind, what's your profession? Maybe you can apply for work?
    Always look on the bright side of life

i think you've got little chance, a family visit visa . if you were lucky to get ones, you could one stay a maximum of 6 months in any year, also you can not work.

student visa see here .. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...udents/family/

and your husband can only work if

Your family members will be able to work if you are either:

a government-sponsored student taking a course that is over six months long, or
    taking a postgraduate course that is at least 12 months long and you are studying at an institution that meets the UK Border Agency's definition of a higher education institution.

The UK Border Agency defines a higher education institution as a Recognised Body or as an organisation that receives public funding for specific funding bodies. You should check with your college or university if it meets this definition, or the UK Border Agency's definition of an "overseas higher education institution" if you are on a study abroad programme.

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/inf...ng_studies.php

so its not looking good for you sorry to say
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thread Information