Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member vernier caliper's Avatar

Signature Shopping If You Have A Tight Budget

I love shopping! I can stay in the mall the whole day window shopping for bags, shoes, dress, and watches. My addiction to these items is superb but in good control. I have atleast 12 hand/shoulder bags, 15 shoes, 18 watches and numerous dresses - all signature brands. I'm single that time, earning good salary, that is why i can buy whatever i want.

Now that I am married.......I STILL LOVE SHOPPING!

Whenever Trefor is busy for business travel I am also busy in the shop. I'm not yet working so Trefor is the only one in-charge for our budget and we are both practical when it comes to expenses. Biweekly he is transferring cash to my account for food and personal shopping and I'm doing my best to spend his money wisely. Though signature shopping is my passion, I never sacrifice my husband's earnings/salary. I can still buy the same brands (i.e. monsoon, ralph lauren, banana republic, m&s, dorothy perkins, diesel, dkny, long tall sally, etc) but 90% less compared to the original price. YES, 90-95% Cheaper.

Charity shops are now my favorite hang-out. We have here Cancer Research, Sue Ryder, Helen and Douglas, British Heart Foundation, and Oxfam. All I need to do is be patient since not all items are new or still in good condition. Im staying at least an hour to each shop and spending less than £10 for 2-3 items. So far I managed to buy 10 new/unused stuff (each less than £5) for my family which will be our pasalubong in April (late christmas gift). BTW, i have 6 siblings+partners, 3 nephews, 4 nieces and parents = 21 gifts total. I have appended 4 items for viewing.

photo.jpgphoto(1).jpgphoto(2).jpgphoto(3).jpg

P.S. I'm not bothered to buy gift for mum's and dad's siblings, they are 22 (partners not yet included). Also, giving gift to my first cousins is not a good idea, they are 79 and counting. What a small family I have. RH bill that time is not yet drafted.
    Don't just try, DO IT!

... good on you, Rose - GO for it - charity begins at home.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Well done to you. I am a shopping addict as well. What I do is wait for sales, go to car boot sale or buy stuffs out on ebay. Try that too, might help stretch ur budget out. xx

Respected Member vernier caliper's Avatar
    Thanks Arthur and Novie. I did try online shopping once only - to order a personalized wedding invitations, and yes it's cheaper too. For the meantime I'll stick to my charity shopping where I can buy a new diesel pants for £4.50 and monsoon dress for £4.75. Happy shopping everyone, specially the wifeys

love carboot and charity shop they are way better than primark

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by malditako View Post
    love carboot and charity shop they are way better than primark
    I agree with you..

Thread Information