Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Quickie - timing of visa application, how long can someone apply into next month

Hi

Getting nervous with the planning got a quick question, which is probably more me thinking too much, but it would be helpful to me a second opinion, and no doubt would help others, should they ever wonder this.

We're going to submit our visa application in February - using proof of income from the last six months, which will end January

For sheer logistics (One example, a bank statement I will need will not arrive until the end of the first week in February, because it will be dated 1st February), we won't be able to get an appointment to submit the documents, until probably mid month.
    I also can't get time off until the 16th, as work are mega busy - the list goes on.

I know I could just DHL all the documents over, but what the heck, be nice to go see wifey and take them myself

The question is - since the period of evidence is month ending the 31st January, does it matter if the date of application is mid month following this?

I know ideally it's as soon as possible after - and it is really. Another month won't have gone by, so I can't see a problem, but as I said, it's Ian here getting in a panic. Been planning this for so long, that my mind has all sorts going on.

Thanks again, as I said, second opinion - and yes I'm pretty sure I'm worrying on this score about something ridiculous.

Respected Member vernier caliper's Avatar
    Hi Iani.

The best thing to do is make an online print-out of your bank statement (let's say from Feb1-Feb15) and ask the bank to stamp and sign it - UKBA will accept this. When I applied my FLR(M) on 13 November 2012 I used Trefor's 6 months bank statement (dated May15-October15) and the current statement (Oct16-Nov9) online print-out stamped and signed by Barclay's Official.

vernier is correct...i did this when i applied for my ilr , go to your bank ask for a print out from their machine and stamp and sign by them.... the ukba needs the most recent and updated documents...good luck with the application and dont panic
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Respected Member
    Hi Iani

Our plans are very similar.

We have booked our VFS appointment in Cebu already for Feb 15th.

My 6th payslip is due 31st Jan.

I am completing and paying for the VAF4A online on the 1st of Feb then I pick up my 6th bank statement (pre-arranged) and go straight to DHL to ship all the docs on their 1kg service which takes around 5 days.

Wife collects and submits with the other docs I took out at Christmas on the 15th. Simples!

Any delay or loss (gulp) we can change the appointment online. The VAFA is valid for 90 days from the date of printing I believe, but that is worst case. Good luck.

Thanks

What I was thinking though, was if it mattered that I was going to provide all the evidence....everything.....for the six month period ending 31st January, but the appointment to give over the documents won't be until I arrived mid February. If I provided bank statements up until mid February, then this would surely be a new "sixth month" which I wouldn't for starters meet the income requirement, since I don't get paid until the 20th February, and since they take the lowest income month - that would mean that February.

Seems though the answer is to apply and make the appointment with an application date of asap into February - but the appointment to give the documents wouldn't be until a week or so after. The point of application then would be early February. Guessing so anyway.

Hey I'm rabbitting on, I'll shut up thanks again

Respected Member vernier caliper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    If I provided bank statements up until mid February, then this would surely be a new "sixth month" which I wouldn't for starters meet the income requirement, since I don't get paid until the 20th February, and since they take the lowest income month - that would mean that February.
    Hi Iani.

Six months bank statement is the minimum required by UKBA and you can add one more statement if you wish to submit 7 months. TBH, if you will submit 5 months bank statement definitely your application will be denied but submitting 7 I believe would not be an issue as long as genuine and meeting the financial requirement.

For me, the use of bank statement is to prove two things: (1) the monthly salary/daily wage written on your employment contact and payslip is the same as what your receiving on your account and (2) savings. Basically, UKBA will use your bank statements to compare with your pay slip and contract. Don't worry if your February salary is not reflected on your online print-out, UKBA will understand based on the other bank statements that your salary is transferred every 20th of the month.
    Don't just try, DO IT!

Thread Information