Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shenzhen is the SEZ just over the border from Hong Kong mate,the temps there at the moment are a degree or two above ours,jan-feb are the coolest months,I went to shenzhen a few times from Hong Kong,if you get the chance visit Honkers and Macau,both great places but china is vast,it would take you forever to explore the while country,enjoy your trip

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

hi everyone. i thought i share some badnews my ladyfriend has had and would like some advice and thoughts on what to do for the best.

my ladyfreind applied for a tourist visa to vist me and today they got back and it has been refused, the reason being 2 years ago she came to uk to visit her chinese friend whos married to british guy (they had a baby) her first visa was for 10 days but she stayed for over 2 months! now shes applied for her 2nd tourist visa and its been refused. i think from what she said they the immigration think she was working but she was not she was staying with her friend as the baby was almost due and her friend wanted her to stay, i think by talking to her she did not really understand that she had to be gone within the 10 days

she has rang up the visa agency and told them of the refusal and they told her she can apply for a visit visa to come to the uk. i understand that i will have to invite her but what else are the requirements of this visa for me as a sponsor. she is also worried that her tourist visa refusal will look bad when we eventually apply for the fiancee and marriage visa

on a good note she did the english exam i think its the A1 and she passed it .
    many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beasy1 View Post
    hi everyone. i thought i share some bad news my ladyfriend has had and would like some advice and thoughts on what to do for the best.

my ladyfriend applied for a tourist visa to visit me and today they got back and it has been refused, the reason being 2 years ago she came to uk to visit her chinese freind whos married to british guy (they had a baby) her first visa was for 10 days but she stayed for over 2 months! now shes applied for her 2nd tourist visa and its been refused.. i think from what she said they the immigration think she was working but she was not she was staying with her friend as the baby was almost due and her friend wanted her to stay, i think by talking to her she did not really understand that she had to be gone within the 10 days

she has rang up the visa agency and told them of the refusal and they told her she can apply for a visit visa to come to the uk. i understand that i will have to invite her but what else are the requirements of this visa for me as a sponsor.she is also worried that her tourist visa refusal will look bad when we eventually apply for the fiancee and marriage visa

on a good note she did the english exam i think its the A1 and she passed it .
    many thanks
    Hello beasy,

Firstly, let me say I'm sorry your friend was refused for her visit visa.
    Secondly, a refusal for the visit visa will NOT impact an application for settlement visa so don't be too concerned about that.

It's difficult to say just how to 'counter' the refusal without knowing the actual wording of the refusal from UKBA

Are you able to post the actual wording (taking out any personal details)?

It may sometimes be an issue when the actual stay is very far in excess of the declared stay. But it does depend so much on other factors such as funding and reasons etc. Don't forget that the 6 months visa is always given.

You can help significantly with your sponsorship details and supporting letter.

The UKBA page specifically for UK Visit Visa's can be found here with additional detailed information which can be found here and also explains what you are allowed to do while you are in the UK as a visitor.
    It's well worth taking a look around and checking out all of the links provided.
    Anyone coming to the UK as a visitor, will usually be granted a visa with a validity for up to 6 months stay.

Anyone 'sponsoring' a visitor to UK should also review the UKBA webpage Sponsoring a General Visitor

In principle, you must be able to show that:-

- you are 18 or over
    - you intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months
    - you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit
    - you have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends
    - you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey
    - you are not in transit to a country outside the 'Common Travel Area' (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).
    - you do not intend to take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public
    - you do not intend to do a course of study
    - you do not intend to marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
    - you do not intend to carry out the activities of a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor
    - you do not intend to receive private medical treatment

You can downdload the application form and guidance notes from this page

Understand how to apply by reviewing the page Applying for a UK visa in the Philippines

Concerning the actual documents you'll need to submit in evidence, it really does come down to your personal circumstance but generally must contain:-
    - information about you
    - information about your finances and employment
    - your accommodation and travel details
    - information about your visit to the UK

As examples of the type of documents that could be supplied Here is the UKBA Guide to Supporting Documents for visiting the UK

For the General Visitor the application should be supported with some of the following documents for a sucessful application:-

- if you are employed, a letter from your employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period - the letter should also say how long you have been employed by that employer, in what job(s), and when you are expected back at work
    - if you are self-employed, evidence of your business activities and financial standing
    - evidence of any property you own in your home country
    - if you are a student, a letter from your school or college stating the course you are on, its start and finish dates, and the dates of the holiday period when you intend to visit the United Kingdom
    - evidence of any family or social ties and responsibilities to return home to
    - evidence of any firm travel plans you have made
    - bank statements going back over a period of several months
    - evidence of savings/funds available to you during your stay
    - evidence you can financially maintain and accommodate yourself in the UK with or without assistance from family/friends living in the UK but without resource to public funding or employment.

Your sponsor can help greatly by providing an invitation/supporting letter to confirm the support they will be providing in terms of financial assistance and/or accommodation.

If the sponsor is intending to totally support the visit this is a listing of fairly typical supporting documents that should be provided:-

- 6 months Bank statements
    - 6 months pay slips
    - Proff of address (eg utility bill, Council Tax etc)
    - Accommodation details (including owner's agreement / rental agreement)
    - Sponsors passport copy (Photo page, any relevant stamp pages)
    - P60 (if available)
    - The main reasons for wanting the applicant to travel at the specific time

The first and foremost thing that you need to keep in mind when applying for a visa for UK, is that you should have an intention to return to your home country. Have a well thought out travel plan. Date of Travel, duration of stay and reasons for travelling.

The absolute keys are going to be:-

- Reasons to return home that outweigh reasons to stay
    - Financials

Reasons to return home and strong/complelling ties differ from country to country, city to city, individual to individual.
    Some examples of ties can be a job, a house, social and family relationships, a bank account, possessions etc
    The ECO will be looking to see if the aspects of your life that bind you to your country outweigh those aspects that may cause you to be unwilling to return to your home country, or to attempt to change or extend your visa status.

The positive aspect of visit visa application is that of it's very low cost.
    So nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Good luck with that.

Beasy, your original posting concerned a Spouse Visa, not a visit visa.

What are your intentions?
    Are you able to visit to the Philippines?

As they say, "there's more than one way to skin cat"

You may need to clearly state what you want to do, what is your strategy/aspiration.

Another visit visa application on the part of your loved one will inevitably mean a declaration of your relationship and long term intention and of your financial situation.
    The more information you can provide, the better the advice you can receive

hi ,thanks for the posting .just to be clear it was the tourist visa which was refused ,she was told she can apply for the freind vist visa with the help from me in form of invitation and support but she is worried that because she just had a tourist visa refused this will bear impact on the freind vist visa application.

the whole idea of her coming to the uk is so that we can meet to see if we get on and also for her to meet my parents .she is also worried that because her intended vist is for a meeting and relationship as we do intend to get married she is worried that if she says that her intended vist is for relationship she will defiantly get this freind visa refused .

can someone clarify this situation so i can put her mind at ease
    i do have other questions but i was hopeing i could tag them to this topic so you all can see if this relationship works out and has a happy ending
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beasy1 View Post
    hi ,thanks for the posting .just to be clear it was the tourist visa which was refused ,she was told she can apply for the freind vist visa with the help from me in form of invitation and support but she is worried that because she just had a tourist visa refused this will bear impact on the freind vist visa application.
    As I mentioned in my post, without seeing the reasons for refusal it's not possible to advise on how to overcome.

...the whole idea of her coming to the uk is so that we can meet to see if we get on and also for her to meet my parents .she is also worried that because her intended vist is for a meeting and relationship as we do intend to get married she is worried that if she says that her intended vist is for relationship she will defiantly get this freind visa refused....
    Again, it really depends if the ECO is convinced on the balance of probabilities that there is adequate funding and compelling reasons to return home.

Whether it's as a 'tourist', 'family visit' or any other category under General Visit visa the primary requirements are the same.

hello guys its a long time since ive posted here but ive not forgotton about my topic here and this splendid website so I thought I give a update as there are a few things we are worried about and I hope you can give us your expertise and advice

since ive posted here ,ive been to china to see my ladyfreind ( my first time abroad ) and I had a fantastic 3 weeks with her and her family and we both went on a tour of china which was simply amazing !
    we discussed my parents going back to china to meet her as before we can apply the fiancée visa i will atleast need my parents approval but my dad is not well so I have asked my lady to come to the uk again so she can meet them which she wants to.
    the problem is this and I hope someone can put us in the picture over this ..my ladyfreind has already been to the uk to vist her friend in London who was having a baby in sept 2011 this was way before she met me and she was granted a visa for 10 days but unknown to her at the time she was never told it was for 10 days and presumed it was for 2 months and 17 days which was on the flight tickets .

she applied to go to the uk to meet me in febuary this year but her visa got refused as the ukba said she over stayed on her first vist to the uk (which I have a copy of the refusal ) as she got refused it was then I decided to go and see her in china .
    what we would like to know is this , can I invite her with my invitation and would her previous refusal have any bearing on my invitiation but more importantly would it effect the finacee visa .I should say that her friend she was staying with in London will confirm she was staying with her in all the time of her vist there so I can get a letter from her if that can help
    many thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information