Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: English test?

Newbie (Restricted Access) babygirl777's Avatar
    Vamenta blvd. Carmen, Cagayan de Oro City

English test?

Can someone give me some more Idea about IELTS or English test like how many days I will have a review for it, take exam and more, I'm still confused..honestly. Thanks and God bless!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    It's approx a three month process!

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirl777 View Post
    Can someone give me some more Idea about IELTS or English test like how many days I will have a review for it, take exam and more, I'm still confused..honestly. Thanks and God bless!

Since you live in CDO, IELTS would be most convenient for you to take. If you want to improve your English proficiency before the exam itself, you can enrol yourself in an accredited review centre in CDO. The review centres usually have a specific time frame or you can opt to decide for yourself when you are ready to take the test. Have a look at this link for the some accredited review centres. http://www.britishcouncil.org/philip...ts-profile.pdf

Alternatively, if you feel that your English ability is good enough, you can always opt for self review to save money. There is a vast resource of online practise materials in google. You can also let your partner participate by letting him check the writing exercises.

You can also have a look at this website for test schedule in CDO and how to register for the test. http://www.britishcouncil.org/philip...hilippines.htm
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Hi..

Go to this thread and read post number 3..I posted last year my IELTS exam details, i.e. topics, time, questions, etc. Hope that would give you an idea about the exam.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....17-Ielts.....?
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Hiya!

Like what the members above said IELTS can be quite a long journey, mind wrecking and also stressing (all of the TESTS are stressing anyway) but it doesnt mean that YOU REALLY NEED TO TAKE IELTS. There are other ENGLISH TESTS that you can take for your visa application which are more quicker (if you opt to) and easier. I passed IELTS like jlags and rayna but I wouldnt say that it didnt do my head in cos it did! LOL

For example TOEIC, it is another English Test and Hopkins is one of the registered test providers. It is more easier as you dont need to take writing and reading tests that IELTS have.

Regarding to reviews and materials, you can do self review and surf online or join workshops if youre not confident enough (will cost you money thought).

I used IDP Australia on taking the test as I was enroled in an IELTS Review Centre in Davao under IDP OZ. Since your in CDO, visit this link.

http://www.idp.com/ielts.aspx

Here is the UKBA link for registered english test providers.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...lish-tests.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information