Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Gmb calls for urgent review as changes to immigration laws cause confusion and harm

i think it all depends on who's fault it was that the payment was not made, but after nearly a month he should have realized the money was still in his bank account and something was wrong , i think she probably get FLR but under the 10yr route

Clearly there needs to be an investigation into how this situation has been arrived at and the multitude of law changes and shoddy bureaucratic claptrap, so that this couple can continue to live together happily in the UK as man and wife says GMB

read more here and his letter to the PM.

http://www.gmb.org.uk/newsroom/lates...tion_laws.aspx
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Skimming through the lengthy and seemingly overdetailed letter it seems application was made via an agent VisaLogic - maybe he has a claim against them ?

I wonder if the GMB would give this sort of support to an ordinary Bruvver maybe it is only given to Shop Stewards ?

yes why use visalogic ? , why apply 2 days before your visa expires , it looks like they applied for FLR, i think maybe she couldn't pass the 'life in uk' test in time so couldn't apply for ILR.

yes his letter went on too long, partly his own fault for not checking they had took the payment. and for leaving it so late to apply, always apply for a visa ASAP not the last day or so, it gives you more time to sort problems out like this.

some people have written the wrong account number down on purpose or applied knowing they don't have the funds in the bank, just to buy time, UKBA have caught on to this, that's why in some cases they refuse the app, but I think in others they will give you time to send the payment again but maybe becuase her visa expired they didnt have time to.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Well I read the whole letter.
    I really see disgraceful and disgusting behaviour by UKBA.

This is yet another case that clearly demonstrates UKBA is unfit for purpose.

UKBA should have quality procedures in place that at least meet ISO standards.

From the letter it appears the fee was paid by credit card, so I doubt it's expected that he will be checking a balance or if the payment has gone through.
    As Dedworth has spotted, an agent also has a involvement in the story. It's not known precisly the date the application was submitted to UKBA.
    But none-the-less, whatever the reasons for applying at such a late stage, it was still within visa validity by the applicant.

I'm not sure if my understanding is correct, but is this about FLR or is it about ILR? The wife had been under a spouse visa (FLR) for 2 years already.

I truely hope that no-one else ever finds themselves in such a predicament.
    This episode, as reported, is a stark reminder of the black and white decision making applied to genuine honest folk. Quite a difference compared to those massive grey areas applied to some others.

Terpe I think it comes down to who's fault it was the payment was not made, i would have thought it would be fairly simple to prove, but maybe not so, if you post the app UKBA shred the page with the payment details on

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2012/...cue-yes-again/

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    We don't know why there are people who send applications near the expiration date. Might be gathering more documents or money, we don't know. But it's still valid when they sent the application. That's the important thing. With the way UKBA process applications lately, I thinks they also have a fault for having a very slow process. Who would have thought that it would take them a month just to get the payment, especially when UKBA sent them an acknowledgement letter. You can't even get any information if they've received the application unless they sent you an acknowledgement letter or biometrics or call them after 6 months. In my case, UKBA took the payment a day after they got my application, no acknowledgement letter, but biometrics letter came just after a week (which actually made me believe they got my application). And now I've been waiting for the result for 9 months and still no guarantee if they are processing it. If there are errors in the payment, how hard is it to make a call to the applicant and ask for the right one? All contact details are there in the application. What's the point of asking that if they won't use that in cases like this? UKBA is taking a piss most of the time. I lost any confidence in this agency.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Rayna, maybe now is a good time to send a letter to The Prime Minister ?

Just the cost of postage

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    Terpe I think it comes down to who's fault it was the payment was not made, i would have thought it would be fairly simple to prove, but maybe not so, if you post the app UKBA shred the page with the payment details on

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2012/...cue-yes-again/
    Yes. I do agree. Technically.
    But surely given the circumstances someone somewhere within UKBA must have decided to take a deportation route without any review at all?
    Why is it OK to proceed with deportation when the issue is about payments which looks to be a very weak case on either side.
    It's just an issue about payments

Unless there's more to this than is being reported I can't understand why UKBA are taking such a position.

Even terrorists get the chance to avoid deportation

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Rayna, maybe now is a good time to send a letter to The Prime Minister ?

Just the cost of postage
    Theresa May doesn't even read emails..I'm guessing same thing would happen if I send David Cameron a letter. Waste of money on my part. They're all bunch of jokers. All politicians are.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

i think its in the app form or the guidance notes, that its only a valid application if payment is received.

they should send the acknowledge letter saying they received your application and payment or they received your application and there is a problem with the payment.

i think the payment side is done by someone else and not UKBA, probably why its done instantly

totally unfair if its UKBA fault or the banks fault if you had the money in your account, but what do you do with the people who didnt have the money in their account ?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Yes. I do agree. Technically.
    But surely given the circumstances someone somewhere within UKBA must have decided to take a deportation route without any review at all?
    Why is it OK to proceed with deportation when the issue is about payments which looks to be a very weak case on either side.
    It's just an issue about payments

Unless there's more to this than is being reported I can't understand why UKBA are taking such a position.

Even terrorists get the chance to avoid deportation
    i don't think she will be served with deportation papers because i think then she will have a right to appeal its not what UKBA want

but i think there is more to this story than is printed because if they did have money in the bank and the payment form was filled in properly and the bank says they didn t refuse the payment then UKBA made a big mistake

Thread Information