Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Any ideas ?

Any ideas ?

Seeing i,m still married to my Filipino wife but we have been seperated for 4and a half years and now have a new GF from PI is a tourist visa out of the question ? i would love to get her here as soon as but i know i might have to wait until the divorce goes through, many have told me a tourist visa is a no go but i have also been told it will be ok ? any help will be good

The tourist visa is very low cost and very quick for a decision.
    I always advise folk to make as good an application as they can and just do it. There are no high risk impacts.

Your g/f will need to clearly demonstrate that she has strong ties and compelling reasons to return home within the visa validity, that in the eyes of the ECO will on balance outweigh any reasons to remain.

Just search here on the forum there's huge amounts of valuable information.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac M View Post
    Seeing i,m still married to my Filipino wife but we have been seperated for 4and a half years and now have a new GF from PI is a tourist visa out of the question ? i would love to get her here as soon as but i know i might have to wait until the divorce goes through, many have told me a tourist visa is a no go but i have also been told it will be ok ? any help will be good
    Ive known somebody who got the same situation as you do,...the gf applied twice for a tourist visa and got denied ..my advice is to wait for the divorce then apply fiance or spouse visa....it is always good to start with a clean sheet.
    good luck!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Ive known somebody who got the same situation as you do,...the gf applied twice for a tourist visa and got denied ..my advice is to wait for the divorce then apply fiance or spouse visa.
    Maybe she played the romantic link too much

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I would assume so
    filipino case workers knows all the tricks!!

Ive known somebody who got the same situation as you do,...the gf applied twice for a tourist visa and got denied ..my advice is to wait for the divorce then apply fiance or spouse visa....it is always good to start with a clean sheet.
    good luck!!
    but what were the reasons for the refusals?
    its always worth a try, just need to show she will return to the phils b4 her visa expires and you or her have the finances to support her trip. always a gamble but not much to lose.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Hello Mr. Terpe

I do apologize but I am a bit confused in these sense Sir . In regards to an application for a visit visa, we should mention the truth about the relationship i.e. bf/gf right? Or is it much preferable not to do so as I dont want to lie in the application.

How can the application be viewed that we played the romantic link too much? Is there's any do's and dont's to write in there? I am reading some posts from here that they are supplying much evidence to prove they are in relationship like tons of emails, pictures and etc. So its confusing me whether I should supply evidences of our relationship or rather not as we dont want the ECO to think about these romantic link too much But is afraid to be refused with reason that the ECO dont believe that we are in a relationship as I read a post here of a member has been denied with a visit visa due to the fact the ECO didn't believe they have a relationship.

I do apologize for asking too much again sir. i hope people wouldn't get fed up with me. Im just trying my best to gather information. Pls bear patience with me.

Salamat po.

Quote Originally Posted by iamiyah View Post
    Hello Mr. Terpe

I do apologize but I am a bit confused in these sense Sir . In regards to an application for a visit visa, we should mention the truth about the relationship i.e. bf/gf right? Or is it much preferable not to do so as I dont want to lie in the application.

How can the application be viewed that we played the romantic link too much? Is there's any do's and dont's to write in there? I am reading some posts from here that they are supplying much evidence to prove they are in relationship like tons of emails, pictures and etc. So its confusing me whether I should supply evidences of our relationship or rather not as we dont want the ECO to think about these romantic link too much

I do apologize for asking too much again sir. i hope people wouldn't get fed up with me. Im just trying my best to gather information. Pls bear patience with me.

Salamat po.
    please make your own thread for this one..its rude to mixed up thread..thanks

please make your own thread for this one..its rude to mixed up thread..thanks

I do apologize sir. Its never my intention to be rude. I have the big respect to all the members in here who has been helpful with me.

I was supposed to post a follow up post that I know that my question isnt in line with these thread and I apologize for I was late already.

I just quoted and replied on Mr. Terpe post as I am trying to analyze situations from all view points. Having been mentioned that you knew somebody who has been denied a visitor visa and a follow up reply that it might be because of romantic link issue.

With all my innocence and good intentions, I just want to seek an advice regarding the issue of romantic link that will be supplied in an application can cause a visa refusal. I am just seeking an advice sir.

As me and Mr.Mac M are in a same boat of hoping to apply for visit visa but is worried on how to balance the situation w/o too much involvement of relationship with our loved ones.

Again my sincere apology if somehow replying in these post may appear rude to you or to everyone else. My intention was good.

As i said on my last I hope people in here may still have patience with me. I am like everyone else, hoping and trying my very best to gather information that might help our application to be granted with all the advice that kind members in here may impart that may lead to a chance of being with our loved ones even in a short period of time.

This site has been like a family to me where I can run to seek advice.They give me hope. And I dont want these people who has been kind to me to feel I am disrespecting them. It will never be my intention

Im sorry for the lengthy of message I typed.

Peace and Godbless

Respectfully yours
    Iyah

Trusted Member
    A very reasonable question, and I agree, a confusing situation.

Opinions on this please ?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    A very reasonable question, and I agree, a confusing situation.

Opinions on this please ?
    Fair point, ! And I can see where the girl's coming from ... she's really desperate to be completely truthful and honest in the application she aspires to make soon - yet is, naturally enough, getting when reading the implication about it being advisable to "play down the *romantic angle" *which IS, of course, the very reason she, herself, is hoping to apply in the first place.

So ... ... what's she supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Fair point, And I can see where the girl's coming from ... she's really desperate to be completely truthful and honest in the application she aspires to make soon - yet is, naturally enough, getting when reading the implication about it being advisable to "play down the *romantic angle *which IS, of course, the very reason she, herself, is hoping to apply in the first place.

So ... ... what's she supposed to do?
    Salamt po Mr. ARrthur

Again my sincere apology regarding the issue of me being rude.TBH I was hurt upon reading it but I do understand I made mistakes but as I mentioned earlier I do have enormous respect for everyone in here and was never raised by my parents to be like that. :

The forum is only what I have now. Being far from my family and living in a desert where English wasn't the medium of communication, I been struggling to ask for help and advice. These forum and the the kind people I met here has been my humble abode and family during the lowest days of my life and now the hope in my heart to see him again.

As mentioned earlier I am just trying the best that I can be to analyze situations from all view points that might help me in my application with all honesty and truth.

I am just confused upon reading that and my intention in asking that post is to gather an advice that will help me and as well as those others whose desire is to spend time with their loved ones w/o the plan of settling yet to UK.

Salamat po for the patience and understanding. My intention is good and my heart means well.

I will try my very best to be more sensitive in posting and replying my post in here.

Respectfully yours,
    Iyah

Iyah ... ... don't be hard on yourself. There's no need for you to apologise ... you most certainly weren't being rude, as far as I'm concerned. If I'd been in your shoes, I would have reacted with surprise too, in the circumstances. if, due to some misunderstanding, your feelings were hurt, since I'm sure that wasn't intended.

Oh, how I wish I were able to wave a magic wand to help good, honest people like you, I really, really do! Sadly, the authorities seem to have got it into their heads that just about ANYONE wanting to visit a boy/girlfriend in the UK has an ulterior motive and, in direct consequence, is looked upon as a potential overstayer ... because of the sheer number of instances in which the System has been abused by others - whose motives proved to be less than genuine - in the past ... and this has, in turn, given rise to their (not altogether unfounded) suspicions.

But, it's absolutely NO reflection on you, personally, believe me!

Trusted Member
    Well said Arthur. Very kind and sensitive of you.

The problem with some people is that they do not know the true meaning of tourist visa....if you are on a tourist visa , you need to provide your own money for your trip, your accommodation, your bank statements, your itinerary....and most importantly is that you dont overstay ,plan to live permanently or settle in the place you are touring.

I do apologize sir. Its never my intention to be rude. I have the big respect to all the members in here who has been helpful with me.
    I have read all your thread, and everything is so confusing to start with that is why i ask you make a new thread for it as you have a different case with the original poster.

I have read all your thread, and everything is so confusing to start with that is why i ask you make a new thread for it as you have a different case with the original poster.
    i agree with you. Thats why i asked some questions on the other thread. Even the wise Mr Terpe got a bit confused

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Iyah ... ... don't be hard on yourself. There's no need for you to apologise ... you most certainly weren't being rude, as far as I'm concerned. If I'd been in your shoes, I would have reacted with surprise too, in the circumstances. if, due to some misunderstanding, your feelings were hurt, since I'm sure that wasn't intended.

Oh, how I wish I were able to wave a magic wand to help good, honest people like you, I really, really do! Sadly, the authorities seem to have got it into their heads that just about ANYONE wanting to visit a boy/girlfriend in the UK has an ulterior motive and, in direct consequence, is looked upon as a potential overstayer ... because of the sheer number of instances in which the System has been abused by others - whose motives proved to be less than genuine - in the past ... and this has, in turn, given rise to their (not altogether unfounded) suspicions.

But, it's absolutely NO reflection on you, personally, believe me!
    Salamt po sir Arthur for all the kindness and advice you impart on me. I am grateful with all the members I knew and met her who has been helpful in all the ways that they can eventhough my situation and questions are confusing. This is the very reason I joined this site - to seek for an advice with the questions I cant find the answer all by myself.

With all the thread I have read in here. I am grateful that it helps me to understand how notorious a visit visa can be obtained due to the fact that the system has been abused thats why I am doin my very best to be truthful and balance the situation I have since I will lodge my application by means of sponsorship by my loved one.

I have enormous respect with everyone.

I will keep my head's up and my heart strong

God bless po and from the bottom of my heart - Salamat po

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    but what were the reasons for the refusals?
    I cant remember the exact words of refusal but the situation is like this ... on the frist try , the gf didnt convince the ECO about the ample amount of savings she got on her account in the PH, she has no job, out of school, living with her parents ,no property or any investments and the money that was put in the account was a ''show money'' from the bf.
    2nd refusal , they let the money stayed in the bank and wrote a letter that she wants to come to uk and try to live here , if she will like living here or not before she apply for settlement.
    it is plain to see the main purpose that is why she got refused of tourist visa.
    they finally gave up applying for tourist visa and waited for the divorce of the bf then applied fiance visa and now here in the UK to settle hopefully.

God Bless po and from the bottom of my heart - Salamat po
    God Bless you also, Iyah. If ever an application DESERVED to succeed, it's yours ... on the strength of its *honesty and sincerity above all else ... and I fervently hope and the ECO dealing with it turns out to be as sensitively moved as I most definitely am with these truly *admirable personal qualities.

So I wish you all the luck in the world, in fulfilling your dream ... and trust your faith in your boyfriend is justifiably rewarded by his realisation that, in you, he's surely found himself a proper gem!

Thread Information