Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar

My friend Arthur Hogmanay

Just a quick post here, I have just booked up for 2 nights with my lovely wife to spend in Scotland for the new year period.

I have heard about the famous hogmanay and we are staying at a country estate 12 miles from Edinburgh and was just wondering how things go at these famous celebrations regards to timings, best place to be etc.

I know my friend Arthur is from Scotland so any input from you Arthur or anybody else who has been there cheers and wish you all a very Happy New Year....

Hello, Mark ...I've just returned from a full afternoon in town, or I'd have replied earlier - since the New Year is almost upon us and time will obviously be of the essence.

Alas, I myself have never been to Scotland's renowned Hogmanay Festival in all the twenty-odd years the event has been up and running as, like another notable, annual Scottish attraction - 'T' in the Park - it tends to cater more for younger age groups, and the entire length of the Capital's wide, main thoroughfare as well as its neighbouring environs are usually mobbed (if television highlights from previous years are anything to go by) so ... be warned ... cars should definitely steer well clear of the city centre.

One thing's for sure ... you WON'T be bored! There're the usual firework displays, of course, plus a plethora of street entertainers, hot dog stalls and the like, to delight the crowds.

Here's wishing you both a very Happy New Year and a GREAT wee holiday North of the Border.

Thread Information