Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Member

Guys...I suggest you bear this in mind

There are lots of lovely genuine and sweet Filipinas out there, but have your eyes open before your wallet, and take off the Rose-coloured spectacles or beer goggles would be my advice, when you're chatting online.

nice one Graham,i know of 2 ladies who does something like this, but they get a regular income by chatting to the japanese i am told, must admit though, they are very beautiful and if they fluttered there eyebrows at me well thats a different story

just seen this while watching your clip Graham

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    just seen this while watching your clip Graham

Reminds me of the old Philippines 'Mail Order Bride' days.

...Have just put my car up for sale.

JB,those viet girls are in a way luckier than some of their countrywomen,there are kidnap gangs in vietnam,Lao,Burma who kidnap women for sale in china where the old one child policy has created a discrepancy in the sex ratio,quite a large discrepancy as most chinese couples want a son,so where do they guys get a wife from BUY ONE Yup,kidnap is alive and well and bringing wives to a slave-market near you (if your chinese that is).
    Graham I went into one of those Bride-arranging offices when I was about 19 with a 40+ year old british guy,it was like a littlewoods catalogue Shameful admission but as a small boy I would look at the ladies underwear section in my mums catalogue and ogle The mail order bride catalogue had the same effect to a testosterone filled youth,but my try-before-I-buy plea of number 17 &43 &117 fell on deaf ears They are probably all old lolas nowadays and living in Hicksville or sheffield or sandstone minnessotta.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Why do you think I went to the Phils in the first place ?

Ended up marrying one I found for myself in the end though.

Why do you think I went to the Phils in the first place ?
    I thought you just took a wrong turn at Hong Kong like me

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

,it was like a littlewoods catalogue Shameful admission but as a small boy I would look at the ladies underwear section in my mums catalogue and ogle
    and here is me thinking i was the only one, my mum had granthams too, double the pleasure

and here is me thinking i was the only one
    For all of these years I have hidden that shameful admission,you have just liberated me Steve

Trusted Member
    Blinkin pervs.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Wow, how interesting my eyes are open at last!

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    ,it was like a littlewoods catalogue Shameful admission but as a small boy I would look at the ladies underwear section in my mums catalogue and ogle

and here is me thinking i was the only one, my mum had granthams too, double the pleasure
    Me too
    Progressed in my teens to Dads collection

I really must be naive! People actually fall for this???

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBloodAda View Post
    I would never send money within minutes of chatting.

I actually made a point of telling my girlfriend I have no money, she's still talking to me some 3 months later. So if it is a scam it's not my money (or lack off) she is after.

Trusted Member
    THOUSANDS.

There are lots of lonely or lustful men (or both) out there.... all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    I would never send money within minutes of chatting.

I actually made a point of telling my girlfriend I have no money, she's still talking to me some 3 months later. So if it is a scam it's not my money (or lack off) she is after.

You actually made a point in talking about money? I have a lot to learn in the world still it would seem!

You actually made a point in talking about money? I have a lot to learn in the world still it would seem!
    We were talking about things in general and she said she wished I could fly over and see her. I said I would love to if I had the money. But seeing 10 months before I had been abroad for a month and then in September I had a complete bathroom refit and a new boiler that I had lspent my savings and it would take me a few years to save up again.

But also partly I wanted to test the waters so I didn't get conned. This internet dating is all new to me and I am very cautious still to this day. I don't care how much time and effort I have put into it, I will try my hardest to not get conned. I don't believe I am being conned, but my guard is up just incase.

For the record, she has never asked me for money and I do think she is genuine. It's not fair to tar all Filipino women with the same brush just because of a few.

Trusted Member

It's not fair to tar all Filipino women with the same brush just because of a few.
    Agree.

Well obviously with any stereotypes, it's never the case for everyone. Having never been in a situation where I've searched for someone online (I did meet Ruby online, but she lived up the road) I can't really comment on this situation truly. I never even used, or watched anyone on a webcam until she had gone home and we had to use Skype to see eachother

best thing i ever did, go online and just chat, when you are alone and i mean alone , once the door is shut alone i mean its great to have someone just to talk too, i made some very good friends who like me just wanted to talk, 2 are married themselves now and 1 is living the good life in the USA she still says hi if we are on facebook together, Emma knows all about it too,

Money...money...money,reminds me of the old Angeles mantra,money down before panties down (I never did find out what that meant ).

scammers, users or abusers what ever you want to call them, some could ask you for money within mins, some could take weeks or months to gain your trust before they indirectly ask you , some people on this forum have even married scammers. so there is no typical scammer.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    We were talking about things in general and she said she wished I could fly over and see her. I said I would love too if I had the money. But seeing 10 months before I had been abroad for a month and then in September I had a complete bathroom refit and a new boiler that I had lspent my savings and it would take me a few years to save up again.

But also partly I wanted to test the waters so I didn't get conned. This internet dating is all new to me and I am very cautious still to this day. I don't care how much time and effort I have put into it, I will try my hardest to not get conned. I don't believe I am being conned, but my guard is up just incase.

For the record, she has never asked me for money and I do think she is genuine. It's not fair to tar all Filipino women with the same brush just because of a few.
    I also think its unfair of a guy to string a girl along for many months or years if he truly has no money. Flights to and from the Phillipines are expensive as also are visa's, cfo, ielts ect ect, and of course there is the minimum earnings requirements now for fiancee/Spouse visas. If men arent financially capable of of progressing a relationship beyond an online relationship, they should think seriously about filling a ladies head and heart with dreams of life abroad with her new boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancashirelad View Post
    I also think its unfair of a guy to string a girl along for many months or years if he truly has no money. Flights to and from the Phillipines are expensive as also are visa's, cfo, ielts ect ect, and of course there is the minimum earnings requirements now for fiancee/Spouse visas. If men arent financially capable of of progressing a relationship beyond an online relationship, they should think seriously about filling a ladies head and heart with dreams of life abroad with her new boyfriend.
    I'll go along with that

I personally know too many cases where the bloke just doesn't meet the mark.
    It's just a personal thing that makes me so sad.
    I'm in the middle of one right now.

Excellent point.
    I know of a case at the moment where there's a girl who's head has been filled with promises that are all going to come to nothing. It's not right and I'm sure there's a lot of it going on. We only tend to here the negative stories about the women on here but I'm sure there's plenty of women out there with horror stories of their own.

that's why i paid my own visa and flight to avoid trust/money issues.

i've met a filipina and she told me that she's not happy with her partner. she said he verbally abused her and nearly hit her. But then i don't know the real story as i've just met her partner once so i'm trying not to get involve them 2.

I can totally understand what you are saying. But I am not stringing her along. I do really like her lots. I am just a very cautious person and worry that she could be scamming me. I am 90% sure she isn't. But then I am not going to spend a fortune to visit her and find I am being scammed. We are only a few months into this and I am quite happy to continue the relationship as we are for a while longer yet, just to be 100% certain.
    For the record I have asked her to come to the UK, but she has a contract with her employer for another 16 months (if I remember rightly) She is currently working in Singapore and has told me there is no point in me coming to meet her there as she won't have time to see me due to work.
    She is in Philippines now for Christmas and asked me to come with her. Unfortunately I have no holiday time owing at work this year and we aren't allowed time off over Christmas unless it's an emergency.
    I am not totally skint and it wouldn't take me long to save to go. But As she probably wont be getting any time off now until next Christmas, that would be the earliest we could meet, and I have already told her she would have to come to the UK for Xmas 2013 as I cant get it off work. So time will tell if she will.

But please do believe me when I say I would love nothing more than us to be together permanently. Also it works both ways you know when you say about filling a ladies head with dreams.

Slip,
    Do you have the financial means to either be with her in Pinas
    or
    sponsor her to be in UK with you.

No offence, just a simple question

Oh, and do consider the ongoing cost of visa's for 5 years in UK

I'm not really asking you to answer, just putting some considerations to you that have a major human impact

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Slip,
    Do you have the financial means to either be with her in Pinas
    or
    sponsor her to be in UK with you.

No offence, just a simple question

Oh, and do consider the ongoing cost of visa's for 5 years in UK

I'm not really asking you to answer, just putting some considerations to you that have a major human impact

I have financial means if I was to live there as I have property I could sell to finance a move. But like I said previous, we are still in an early stage in our relationship and am taking it day by day. Who knows what may happen in 1 month, two months, 6 months................. As far as I am aware relationships don't operate on a given timescale and each one progresses at different rates.

As for Visas etc etc, life is one big obstacle and one could stop at every obstacle and never get anywhere, or one could work past that obstacle and move onto the next. I am the sort of person who moves on to the next.

Oh and I don't take offence. Everybody is entitled to an opinion and I welcome all. The only time I would take offence from a post is if somebody has nothing worthwhile to add and has to resort to name calling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information