Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question How do I register wedding in UK

I have recently got married in the Philippines. Am I required to register the wedding here in the UK, or is that done automatically as I received Marriage License from the British Embassy in Manila???

No need to register the marriage. As long as the marriage is legal in the country you married in, it will almost certainly be legal and recognized in the UK.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Been discussing marriage today. She wants to have a civil marriage in the Philippines. I said I would like to have a second marriage in the future in the UK so my family can see me get married, she wasn't too keen on this idea.

She wants to come to the UK to be with me but said it will be easier if we are married first.

I did tell her that we should meet in person first as we have only ever video chatted on skype, it's all moving a bit fast, only met her in October. I know I want to spend the rest of my life with her, she says she wants the same. So throwing caution to the wind I am going for it. Just a case of when she can get out of her contract in Singapore and get home to Philippines. She doesn't want me to come to Singapore as she works 14 hour days and can only see me Sundays.

Whoops, put this in the wrong place!! Was meant to be in my other thread a few posts down, sorry!
    Last edited by Slip; 11th January 2013 at 18:20. Reason: error

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Been discussing marriage today. She wants to have a civil marriage in the Philippines. I said I would like to have a second marriage in the future in the UK so my family can see me get married. She wasn't too keen on this idea.

She wants to come to the UK to be with me but said it will be easier if we are married first.

I did tell her that we should meet in person first as we have only ever video chatted on Skype, it's all moving a bit fast, only met her in October. I know I want to spend the rest of my life with her, she says she wants the same. So throwing caution to the wind I am going for it. Just a case of when she can get out of her contract in Singapore and get home to Philippines. She doesn't want me to come to Singapore as she works 14 hour days and can only see me Sundays.

Whoops, put this in the wrong place!! Was meant to be in my other thread a few posts down, sorry!
    Hi kudos on taking a chance but always remember to be careful. Unfortunately, not everyone out there is out for love - it's a sad but true fact.

I met my fiancé online and he popped the big question just after 2 months of being together. We were both working and had crazy work timings but took off time just to meet each other (both halfway across the world) a month after we met. We are having 2 weddings so both our families can attend.

I don't want to burst your happy bubble but it sounds a bit dodgy to me. Even if she has work 6 days a week for 14 hours a day, I am sure she is entitled a holiday. Remember, if there's a will there's most certainly a way. Also, it is a requirement if she wants a UK Fiancée Visa, that the two of you must have met before. You might find yourself worrying about this in the future. Just a head's up.

On a woman's point of view, I think that a wedding is a celebration of your love and it is something to be proud of. It's not something done simply out of legal reasons. Just explain to her that it is your wedding too. If you're worried about spending so much on a wedding, there are 999 all inclusive packages in your nearest Old English Inn.

Also, you might want to check the UKBA's new rule so you can bring your future wife into the UK (e.g. 18,600 GBP annual income, etc).

Thread Information