Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member vernier caliper's Avatar

Smile Spouse Visa Validity Period?

" If applying from overseas a spouse visa will initially be issued for a period of 33 months. If applying from within the UK a spouse visa will be issued for 30 months".

http://www.visalogic.net/united-king...spx?t=4&t2=103

Im curious if 30 months is really granted.

I applied my FLR(M) on 13 Nov and my spouse/leave to remain visa is valid from 14 Nov 2012 until 14 Nov 2014 or 24 months only. Is this normal or shall I feel worried?

On the other hand, I entered the UK on fiancé visa June 2012. I suspect that my 6 months fiancé visa + 24 months spouse visa = 30 months marriage visa. Does it makes sense?

I will appreciate your inputs about this. Thanks.

your lucky, you just made it under the old rules as you were granted entry clearance before the changes on 9th July of this year

no need to wait 5yrs to get ILR only 2yrs, dont forget you need to pass the life in UK test and the English language test at a B1 level before you apply.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thanks Joe. Your response is highly appreciated.

Further question I want to raise, I took my IELTS on May 2012 and its valid for 2 years, May 2014. I got 6.5 average. I will appply my ILR on Oct 2014. Do I need to take English language test again? It's still early to be worried about this but I rather be ready for when ILR time comes around.

Thanks.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vernier caliper View Post
    Thanks Joe. Your response is highly appreciated.

Further question I want to raise, I took my IELTS on May 2012 and its valid for 2 years, May 2014. I got 6.5 average. I will appply my ILR on Oct 2014. Do I need to take English language test again? It's still early to be worried about this but I rather be ready for when ILR time comes around.

Thanks.
    Starting October 2013, all visa applicants in the UK are required to take an English Test. B1 is the minimum grade required. If your English test result would expire before your date of application, you need to retake your test. One of my complaint too, but sad to say, it's the new rule.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

"Everyone applying for an ILR has to pass a Life in The UK Test, except those who are under 18 or over 65 years old.

There is also a requirement to have a certain level of knowledge of English language. HOWEVER, it is sufficient to pass a Life in The UK Test only. Since Life in The UK Test is in English and you've passed it, your English is considered acceptable. Life in the UK Test is valid for an indefinite period (it does not have a date of expiry)".

http://www.1st4immigration.com/settl...eave-visas.php

Hi Rayna. I'm not sure if the above statement is true BUT the logic looks realistic to me. Hope Life in the UK Test alone is enough, saving our time and money.

"Everyone applying for an ILR has to pass a Life in The UK Test, except those who are under 18 or over 65 years old.

There is also a requirement to have a certain level of knowledge of English language. HOWEVER, it is sufficient to pass a Life in The UK Test only. Since Life in The UK Test is in English and you've passed it, your English is considered acceptable. Life in the UK Test is valid for an indefinite period (it does not have a date of expiry)".

http://www.1st4immigration.com/settl...eave-visas.php

Hi Rayna. I'm not sure if the above statement is true BUT the logic looks realistic to me. Hope Life in the UK Test alone is enough, saving our time and money.
    What you quoted above is true for now..but as what I said on my previous post, by October 2013, all applicants for settlement need to pass Life in the UK test and an English test at B1 level.

from October 2013, requiring all applicants for settlement to pass the Life in the UK Test and present an English language speaking and listening qualification at B1 level or above of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages unless they are exempt; and

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si.../15-family-mig
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Hi again.
    Question on English test:
    How long does the test result last for?

I ask because my love is planning to take her test in Feb and we marry in July prob apply for VISA 6 weeks after this if all goes well with data collation.
    Many thanks John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

IELTS is valid for only 2 years, if that's what your fiancee is taking.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    IELTS is valid for only 2 years, if that's what your fiancee is taking.
    Yes my friend, thats the plan. Am i correct to assume that in 5 years time, when she applies for ILR she will need to re-take it?
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    Yes my friend, thats the plan. Am i correct to assume that in 5 years time, when she applies for ILR she will need to re-take it?
    Yes that's correct.
    -=rayna.keith=-

I'm not sure if the above statement is true BUT the logic looks realistic to me. Hope Life in the UK Test alone is enough, saving our time and money .
    Seems kinda to me for it to be otherwise ... after all, surely anyone who's capable of successfully completing the 'Life in the UK Test' (with its excessively-high pass mark of 75%) has already PROVED that their English is MORE than the standard expected.

Let's face it, a fair few of the native English-speaking members here (myself included!) have had a go at the above~mentioned Test' ... and fallen short of the fixed standard required.

So WHAT possible [ulterior] motive(s) could the "powers that be" have for *inflicting FURTHER language tests on non-European partners - who've plainly achieved the level that is purported to be needed, prior to first setting foot on these shores - OTHER than *those being part of yet another Governmental ploy to extract more hard-earned cash out of those already settled .

the reasons Arthur, is because the English language test is to test the persons ability to listen and speak not to read English.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    So what level in Ielts is B1 language level as my wife who is here on a spouse visa only had to have the equivalent of a grade 4 in Ielts when she took it in September 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    the reasons Arthur, is because the English language test is to test the persons ability to listen and speak not to read English.
    Ah ... of course, makes sense, Joe ...

It's like, I can understand [some] French ... when I (based on what I was taught at school over half a century ago!). But I'd have great difficulty when listening to, or with my pronunciation of that language when trying to speak it.

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    So what level in Ielts is B1 language level as my wife who is here on a spouse visa only had to have the equivalent of a grade 4 in Ielts when she took it in September 2012?
    For IELTS, a band score of 4.0 is B1 level.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Ah ... of course, makes sense, Joe ...

It's like, I can understand [some] French ... when I (based on what I was taught at school over half a century ago!). But I'd have great difficulty when listening to, or with my pronunciation of that language when trying to speak it.
    the reason for the test is so immigrants can integrate with the community, difficult if you don't speak or understand spoken English.

while 'the life in uk' test is meant to prove that the applicant has a sufficient knowledge of British life and sufficient proficiency in the English language

i worked with 2 Libyans they both memorized the answers to the questions in the theory test from a dvd they bought when they applied for a British driving license, i think they would struggle to understand some of the questions yet knew what the answer looked like. I'm sure people are doing the same of the life in uk test

Thread Information