Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who and where will you celebrate Xmas with?

I just wondered where and who you will share your Christmas with? It is a nice time to be with loved ones, maybe you are making a long trip home to see parents or children or maybe just staying at home and letting people come to you.

I am going to be alone this Christmas, I will not go out or celebrate because it is not much fun celerating for yourself. My wife and son have returned to Phils for Christmas as the farm was getting to a crucial stage and my wife needed to go and manage that. Here in China they dont get excited for Christmas like in Phils, just a few token lights and trees for the expats and tourists.
    I feel quite sad really, but hey... that's life. I will chat to my wife on the day, later I will talk to my parents in the UK on messenger but that's it. I might sink a bottle of red wine for the occasion

Anyway.... what are you all doing?
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

I am single and will probably work xmas day afternoon-haven't even got xmas dinner this year due to break up with girlfriend from York in july
    Roll on January

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I know how both you Steve & Les feel, because at Christmas 2010 it was the worst day of my life, I also was all alone and my Christmas dinner was a sausage sandwich, I won't go into detail but I sincerely wish you both a very Happy Christmas and hope next Chrismas will be less lonely for you both!!

Respected Member
    My last Christmas was fairly similar Steve, so I can sympathise. I had been here in the sandpit for 3 months and had prepared the house for my wife and children coming over with decorations up and presents under the tree. Unfortunately the Oman visa process was an absolute nightmare, and resulted in them arriving in January :-( I had McDonalds on Christmas Day, and I don't even like them.

This Christmas will be spent on a remote beach with wife, kids and my parents. Prawns on the BBQ and beer in hand. Although will have a traditional roast on Christmas Eve, followed by a run on the beach.

Trusted Member
    Alone for me too this year, but my son is coming home for a week on the 29th, so looking forward to that as I haven't seen him since the beginning of September.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    We're going to my in-laws to celebrate Christmas..2nd time here in the UK.. I would've loved to be in the Philippines, but we can't afford for now (plus still no result of my FLR(M) application )..

Steve.r, you would find that Chinese New Year (Feb. 10, 2013) is the most celebrated occasion there..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post

I am going to be alone this Christmas, I will not go out or celebrate because it is not much fun celerating for yourself. My wife and son have returned to Phils for Christmas as the farm was getting to a crucial stage and my wife needed to go and manage that. Here in China they dont get excited for Christmas like in Phils, just a few token lights and trees for the expats and tourists.
    I feel quite sad really, but hey... that's life. I will chat to my wife on the day, later I will talk to my parents in the UK on messenger but that's it. I might sink a bottle of red wine for the occasion
    Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    I am single and will probably work xmas day afternoon-haven't even got xmas dinner this year due to break up with girlfriend from York in july
    Steve & Les - and any others who, for WHATEVER reason(s), find themselves on their own this Christmas - may this be the last festive season you spend alone ... and all the Very Best to both of you for 2013.

I sympathise with you guys and understand what your going through as last year was a bad one for me.
    Why not raise a glass to better years ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Alone for me too this year, but my son is coming home for a week on the 29th, so looking forward to that as I haven't seen him since the beginning of September.
    Likewise, my Very Best Wishes to you, Graham ... it's good to know, though, that your son will be home from Sweden over the New Year period.

Myrna & myself will spend Christmas and New Year, quietly ... just our two selves.

's fine with me. tbh.

Trusted Member
    Thanks Arthur.

Seasons greetings to you and Myrna.

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    I will be spending celebrating Christmas with David and my mum-in-law will be coming over to our cold house to cook and prepare the foods. That's a big relief! Friends will be coming in and out starting tomorrow until Christmas Eve so the house will be a sort of B & B! I am actually looking forward for my first Christmas in England.
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    I will be celebrating Christmas and New Year with my husband and his family. I am very excited to see, experience and witness an English Traditional Christmas with Turkey, xmas crackers, nuts, cards, pressies and puddings. I would love to spend it with my family in Davao but obviously I cant, anyway my sister and I arranged to celebrate xmas with me via skype so Im also looking forward to that.

Merry Christmas in Advance to all the Members in the forum! Lets all be MERRY!!!

Novie and Paul

xxxx

Trusted Member
    Now there's an idea. I have 2 spare bedrooms...wonder how much I can charge my relations ?

Trusted Member
    I was lucky to celebrate Christmas in advance last month, both in Hong Kong and Philippines ( uploaded a few photos on another thread - http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....Happy-New-Year ) .

Will be here in Scarborough for the next few weeks – alone, but not lonely – family and friends make sure of that ! I count my blessings !

The latest shooting in America, the recent typhoon in Mindanao and the effect on civilians of the Syrian war remind us that there are always people worse off than ourselves. We may be temporarily apart from our loved ones through distance, or they may be ill in hospital. Some of us have to work over the festive period – the pay may be good and / or the work essential … but we could probably think of a better alternative !

To ALL members, make the most of this Christmas wherever you are and whoever you’re with ! Try to be positive and look forward to the New Year .

i am going to celebrate my noche buena together with my little with some close friends...party in the house! everyone is invited

For the first time in many a year I am not working Christmas day or Boxing day. So I plan to spend it with my Granddad and other members of my family at his house for a big christmas dinner.
    Boxing day I will see my Sister and kids for the first time in 3 years.

I will also at some point, probably near enough midnight, Skype to my loved one in Philippines to see how her Christmas went.

First Christmas as a married man, and it's just me and the mother. I'm not really the biggest fan of Christmas anyway so it wouldn't have bothered me before, but I'm just trying to stay positive and think that Christmas 2013 she'll be back!

Plus to make up for the lack of advent calender this year, next year we've decided to have two each! So next year is going to be doubly awesome!

xmas day i was cooking for 11 but the figure is going down because people cant make it but still a few are coming , i love cooking this day so ems can rest , friends coming round to stay so thats xmas day sorted, what about the rest of the holidays urmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lets wait and see,

Its work for me all over christmas.

Like other years my wife will be working over most of the Christmas holiday.

With everything that has happened to us this year, and especially recently we're really not feeling like celebrating.

But it looks like we will be apart.
    The difference being that I'll be at home alone since my dad is no longer here.

That's why this thread is making this thread makes me sad.
    In addition to our trials of this year, it reminds me of Christmas and new years eve 1999
    Eve of the new millenium.

I was working and flew from Japan to Tapei and then on to Kuala Lumpur all over the Christmas period.
    I was all alone and feeling really sad and missing my wife as the trip was a business emergency.

I remember sending her a home made VCD by courier with a message and and a song.

This was the song I sent, it still brings a tear to my eye.
    Who remembers it:-

Yes very emotional terpe. Sometimes it gets you like that. You have to be strong. I think a lot of things have happened to all of us but remember there is always someone worse off than us. Thats the way I get through it.

Hi Everyone! Let's keep our spirits for Christmas.
    This is my first Christmas here in the UK, as last year we were happily celebrating it with my family in Cebu. Now I am missing my children back home but need to sort ILR paper works soon. It feels horrible with this weather and not the Filipino way of celebrating Christmas. I am just keeping my spirits up, will be attending a Filipino Community Christmas Party. So that is something to look forward to this weekend.
    Life as we make it

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Sorry for those of you that will be on your own-Steve R, Les, Graham and Terpe. I know I usually complain that mine are mostly the same and not spent with a partner, but at least I'll still be with my parents, brother and his gf.

One day I hope to spend a Christmas in the Philippines!

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    ...One day I hope to spend a Christmas in the Philippines!
    Now that really is a special time to be there.

Respected Member
    Few friends and husbands family come over for Christmas. It's my first time to make turkey so its gonna be exciting. Christmas tree up with gold and red theme on it and presents all wrapped up. Roll on Christmas

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I am not surprised. Did your ex wife take you seriously?

Hey that's nasty. I don't know how to give neg rep but if I could that would get one. Get a grip there's no need for that

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Marco, it's the same as giving a positive rep. Click the star at the bottom of the comment and there are two options, "I approve" and "I disapprove". The latter is the negative rep.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Marco, it's the same as giving a positive rep. Click the star at the bottom of the comment and there are two options, "I approve" and "I disapprove". The latter is the negative rep.
    Sorry Rayna I only seem to have an I approve choice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information