Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Hi to all :)

Hi to all :)

hi everyone im george originally from cebu but have lived here in the uk for 21 years since i was 9yrs old. sadly i cant speak bisiya or tagalog.:( lol.

i met my lovely fiance gretchen from davao weve been together nearly 1 year and were looking to get married in the uk late next year or early 2014. so im so thankful to find this website cos i think i will need some help on our journey. i hope i can learn alot from u all.

thank you and have a great xmas!!

Welcome George,

I am sure you will find many friends and help here along your journey to get your fiancee to the UK.

God luck
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    Welcome to the forum George.

Your post made me smile...thinking of my stepson who I brought here also at the age of 9.....and who also can't now speak a word of his native tongue.
    Same with my stepdaughter who was 7 years old when arriving here.

Shame really, but you can't force people to hang on to their heritage.

It's the relations back home who get REALLY confused though.

Good luck with bringing your fiancee to the UK anyway.

Hi to you George, and welcome to the forum.

Hope you'll stay and take full advantage of the experience and guidance here.

May I kindly ask you consider the benefits of getting married in the Philippines
    and making application for Spouse visa. Arriving into the UK on a Fiance(e) visa can (currently) result in a very long and difficult wait before being able to work.

Quote Originally Posted by gooner1014 View Post
    hi everyone im george originally from cebu but have lived here in the uk for 21 years since i was 9yrs old. sadly i cant speak bisiya or tagalog.:( lol.

i met my lovely fiance gretchen from davao weve been together nearly 1 year and were looking to get married in the uk late next year or early 2014. so im so thankful to find this website cos i think i will need some help on our journey. i hope i can learn alot from u all.

Hi George and welcome to the forum

You'll definitely learn a lot in this forum

Tish

You support arsenal george I met a pinoy called george who was doing some work in Feltham west-london once,doubt it was you,good luck with your future wedding plans

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Hi George and welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi to you George, and welcome to the forum.

May I kindly ask you consider the benefits of getting married in the Philippines
    and making application for Spouse visa. Arriving into the UK on a Fiance(e) visa can (currently) result in a very long and difficult wait before being able to work.
    That was my original plan but everone kept advicing us that to marry in the uk. so we made that decision. well nothing is set in stone yet and im still saving up so we could still marry there..

thanks everyone for the greetings

Respected Member
    hi george -i presume you are filipino? when you say have met -was that in davao or only online?

Quote Originally Posted by gooner1014 View Post

Hello George
    to the forum

I'm from Cebu as well but I grew up in Davao
    If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything

Hi George , welcome to the forum .... I am from Sogod Cebu ... Myrna

Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    hi george -i presume you are filipino? when you say have met -was that in davao or only online?
    hi m8, yes we met in davao in june and september and im planning to go there again in april or may. but we did meet online 1st.

Thread Information