Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Pacquiao to donate P10-M to Pablo victims

"People’s champion Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao will donate P10-million to the victims of Typhoon Pablo, which devastated Mindanao the week before he fought great rival Juan Manuel Marquez.

Pacquiao had hoped to lift the spirits of the typhoon victims when he fought, but instead, he suffered a devastating sixth round knockout at Marquez’s hands.

The Filipino fighter arrived in the country early Wednesday morning accompanied by his wife and assured his fans that it was not the end of his storied career.

“Babangon tayo ulit... We will rise again,” he said.

Pacquiao said he and his wife, Jinkee, have already discussed how they plan to give aid to the victims of Typhoon Pablo.

“May plano na kami ng wife ko, na pag may pagkakataon kami na mapasyalan namin o magpapadala kami ng tulong... Nag-usap na kami na magbibigay kami ng P10-M para sa mga nabahaan,” he said.

Pacquiao joked that if he had won against Marquez, he would have donated P20-M.

“Nakikiramay ako sa pamilya ng naapektuhan at namatayan ng bagyong nakalipas,” he added. “’Wag tayong makalimot ng tumawag sa Panginoon.”

Pacquiao’s loss worsened the pain being felt by Pablo’s victims, especially those in New Bataan, Compostela Valley.

A cable company had set up a widescreen panel for a public viewing of Pacquiao’s bout in New Bataan last Sunday, allowing the typhoon victims to watch the stunning knockout of their boxing hero.

According to the latest data from the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, the death toll from Pablo has climbed to 740, with the figure expected to rise as 890 remain missing.
    "

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/12...-pablo-victims

Is that about £1.5m in our money? Nice gesture all the same.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    Is that about £1.5m in our money? Nice gesture all the same.
    I think so too.

Yes well done pacman.

Is that about £1.5m
    More like £150'k ish,I met a couple of guys who knew pacman when he worked on the tuna market,all said he was a well grounded individual,very down to earth and hasnt forgotten his roots.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Understanding his charitable activities reveals a great deal about the man.
    IMO he's one of the great philanthropists in the Philippines.
    Of course he can easily afford it, but the important thing is he actually does these things.

I saw a news item this morning on Breakfast News about a British guy who gives away to charity all earnings above £18000 because he says he doesn't need it. These kind of people are very special and our human population are better off for them.
    I can say that we've given (and will continue to give) all we can do to our truly needy family in Philippines. We do it without regret and without any mention of recompense. Even if we must borrow the money.
    To us there is no other way.
    Do whatever you can do.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Of course he can easily afford it, but the important thing is he actually does these things.
    Exactly.

BTW (I think I used the same calculater as Jamie as I got 1.5million the first time around. Of course it is £150,000)

Theres tales of him delivering sacks of rice and food around the district in Gensan with his family,he has apparently never forgotten his roots nor his old friends.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I believe he earned around $26 mill for his last fight.
    That was his 'purse'.
    Additionally he has his share of the PayTV earings, merchandising ++++

He also fully supports a hospital in Philippines.Not cheap.He's one of the top paid sportsman in the world and has very real idea of where he came from.
    More power to him. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Exactly.

BTW (I think I used the same calculater as Jamie as I got 1.5million the first time around. Of course it is £150,000)
    I used my head. Probably why I got it wrong.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    I used my head. Probably why I got it wrong.
    66 or 67 is always a bu88er to divide by, in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    IMO he's one of the great philanthropists in the Philippines.

I saw a news item this morning on Breakfast News about a British guy who gives away to charity all earnings above £18000 because he says he doesn't need it. These kind of people are very special and our human population are better off for them.
    I can say that we've given (and will continue to give) all we can do to our truly needy family in Philippines. We do it without regret and without any mention of recompense. Even if we must borrow the money.
    To us there is no other way.
    Do whatever you can do.
    I second that sir terpe.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    66 or 67 is always a bu88er to divide by, in the head.
    I wasn't dividing.

I added 4 zero's to 100 peso's then 4 zero's to £1.50

My wife thinks he should give a lot more as well as the politicians/businessmen that spent a lot of money going to las vegas when there countrymen needed them. She also dislikes that he has had so much sympathy for losing when the sympathy should be going to the people that where victims of the typhoon. Her thoughts.

Thread Information