Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbeltboy View Post
    Why didn't you include your chat logs? (if it's ok to ask)
    Because they were private, and contained the secret codes No, really, I thought our emails were good enough, and as I said we had plenty of those.

Respected Member
    LOL! Okay... I don't think we email each other a lot, since we're almost always on Skype, chatting (on video/audio). We have our Skype turned on auto answer.

Respected Member
    I was just browsing my passport and saw that I have a stamp from my previous Visa application for the USA. It's dated June 17, 1997. It has no status stamp (approved/rejected), but I think it was denied. Will this affect my application for a UK Visa?
    Attached Images Attached Images

london well away from those people up norf
    I'm aware that according to the SETTLEMENT VISA Sponsored by a Fiancé (e) or same Sex Partner PDF:
    I read that as we can't demand you show us these details for various reasons but if you don't we will wonder why.

If you have chat logs its worth sending the best way imo to gaining a visa is to make it as easy as possible for the ECO to tick all the boxes on the checklist and have any reason they think why they might object to giving a visa being made invalid with evidence or a wrriten explantion.

I guess Its makes no difference for an ECO to pass a visa or deny it as far as i know, so make there life easy with lots of evidence and a good covering letters answering any queries they might have regarding your application.

A pass means a basic report, asking an office minion to produce visa stamp in passport and denying means writing a detailed report in case of an appeal,writing a letter, possible more work due to an appeal or complaint.

The above is just an educated guess but 99% of people like an easy life so try and give the ECO one and they will help you out hopefully by granting the visa.

Respected Member
    Hhhmmm.. Ok?

Respected Member
    Just print the Call History in your conversation whether it is a call or chat in Skype or YM...From now on, you may save all these in your archive for documentation purposes...

Respected Member
    I was just browsing my passport and saw that I have a stamp from my previous Visa application for the USA. It's dated June 17, 1997. It has no status stamp (approved/rejected), but I think it was denied. Will this affect my application for a UK Visa?
    yes, it was denied coz no visa appeared on your passport. If you will apply for a fiancee/spouse visa it will not affect your application. As long as you can satisfy the ECO of the ff:financial, accommodation and your relationship.

Hi Greenbeltboy,

I don't think it will affect your UK visa application, but, they might ask why you have been denied a US visa.

When is your passport expiration? It should be expiring now if I am not mistaken, usually it is valid for ten years? I might be wrong, you should know why you have been denied a US visa, just in case an ECO would ask.

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

so if greenbelt will renew his passport the denied US application will not be there anymore..

Problem solved.

Still on the application form it asked 'Have you ever been refused a visa for any country, including the UK?'

If you renewed your passport and not shown your refused stamp from the US embassy you still must mention on the application that you have been refused a visa before.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Very Well said sis LadyJ, Honesty is the best policy..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanutz View Post
    Hi Greenbeltboy,

I don't think it will affect your UK visa application, but, they might ask why you have been denied a US visa.

When is your passport expiration? It should be expiring now if I am not mistaken, usually it is valid for ten years? I might be wrong, you should know why you have been denied a US visa, just in case an ECO would ask.
    Thanks for the response. My passport will expire September of next year.
    I have 2 passports (other one is expired, my first), and from the looks of it, it expires after 5 years. Not sure if it's applicable to all, but both of my passports
    are/were valid for 5 years.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    so if greenbelt will renew his passport the denied US application will not be there anymore..

Problem solved.
    I'm not trying to hide anything, but was just merely wondering. They want to see all passports anyway, so I guess there's no way of hiding!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    Still on the application form it asked 'Have you ever been refused a visa for any country, including the UK?'

If you renewed your passport and not shown your refused stamp from the US embassy you still must mention on the application that you have been refused a visa before.
    That's what I'm planning to do.

I'm not trying to hide anything, but was just merely wondering. They want to see all passports anyway, so I guess there's no way of hiding!

thats great mate! at least u will gonna provide them all the docs more than they expect..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    thats great mate! at least u will gonna provide them all the docs more than they expect..
    I don't think that it's "more than they expect". They are expecting ALL passports from an applicant (if more than 1).

I don't think that it's "more than they expect". They are expecting ALL passports from an applicant (if more than 1).
    well since uve been doing researches for all the docs u need and also with regards to the passport I am sure u can prepare ur application very well..

i just hope it will be successful! Goodluck..

btw, have u decided already wot visa to take?so at least u can fix ur mind on wot to focus?

Respected Member
    Thank you!

Thinking of getting a Fiance visa

Settlement_sponsored_by_fiance

oh that good..and it also helps that ure doing the research as early as now..

Respected Member
    I've been researching about this, like, for at least forever!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    hi all....just to say,before i get my fiancee to apply visa.i payed and downloaded from immigration lawyers all their info,,cost £40,,,,,,,it was money well spent,,,sample letters for what you and partner need to write,,,follow them ,,,,,,how to fill in the form,,sample q for interview /interrigation,,general advice,,,,,,,like ,if you speak half reasonable english,do not use a provided interpriter,,,,,,,,,,,if you write the letters well,,then you cover most points that may otherwise require an interview,,as said ,make it easy for them to say yes,,,,,,,,,,,
    anyway,,the outcome,,im going back to ozamis christmas,,and coming home with my fiancee,,,,,she got visa without even an interview,,,,take pictures,,i even got one with my washing drying at parents house heheh,,get pictures with family,,,,,,save all documents from being there,,be thorough,,,,,and best of luck..........if anyone wants any help with letters ect,,,,im happy to help,,free of course,,im not lawyer ........email tidleytoes-myATyahoo.com
    chris,,,,,,,,,,and soon michelle

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    helo im karlette from paris;ive been read all the situations and posts in this site.i met my fiancee since march last year and we got engage last sept. and then planning to get married this coming aug.2008.my problem is im not legal here in paris.we already ask the phil embassy and the british embassy that they cant do any marriage ceremonies not unless i will go back to my home country and get married there.what if my settlement visa application will affect my application to be refused because i stay longer here in paris.im already stress thinking whats the best i can do?pls let me know what will i do?

Hi there Karlette.

Welcome aboard. I'm sure you will soon receive advise that you need!

Good luck!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

hi Karlette,

welcome to the forum.. It will be btter for u to open a new thread so lots of our friends can answer u..

what country is your b/f in uk or france

overstaying in France should not effect your visa app at the british embassy in manila.

but if you came to the uk and overstayed, thats a different matter, from October mandatory bans will be given to those who have overstayed in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by karlette View Post
    helo im karlette from paris;ive been read all the situations and posts in this site.i met my fiancee since march last year and we got engage last sept. and then planning to get married this coming aug.2008.my problem is im not legal here in paris.we already ask the phil embassy and the british embassy that they cant do any marriage ceremonies not unless i will go back to my home country and get married there.what if my settlement visa application will affect my application to be refused because i stay longer here in paris.im already stress thinking whats the best i can do?pls let me know what will i do?
    You have no other choice than coming back in the Philippines, you will never be able in France to clarify your situation there and get a residency card. Even if you marry in France, it will not give you the residency rights and you will have to go to the Philippines and request a spouse visa at the Embassy in Manila (and find good explanations for the overstay with the interview, your husband should be there too as he will be interviewed). But with the overstay and the new French immigration laws, I can't stay it will be automatically granted even if your husband in French (which I don't know).
    You're also flagged as overstaying in the all 25 Schengen European countries as they share the same immigration database...
    Best regards.
    Yves

My gf, (now wife) did get a visitor visa after an 8 week wait and an interview. The ECO said he didn't believe she would return to the Phil and she was convinced she had been refused, but he did grant the visa for 6 months. She returned before the six months were up and then I came over to the Phil and we got married in June 2008 after she waited 3 months for me to be able to get over to the Phil. Now we are waiting for a spouse visa (4 weeks gone). So the poor thing has had waited a total of 6 months in the last year. She should receive at least a Nobel prize when she gets here. Many thanks to all the expert people who post on this blog for the useful guidance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information