Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar

Angry Delayed balikbayan boxes

I am very disappointed and annoyed on my balikbayan boxes. I used Belwood twice now and its always delay that I am receiving. Last year was a month delay, I arrived before my boxes reached the country. They dont even inform you that there are delays 2-3 weeks or so, they are very hard to reach when it comes to email and text. If my husband didnt ring them today while at work to ask for an update, we would have no any idea where the bloody boxes are!!

They say in their website about christmas box estimation of arrival to the PI but then no guarantees that it will surely arrive theer before the event. SOOOOOOOOO annoying!

I wont ever, EVER use their service again.

Banned
    They sound like a very sloppy operation.

We've used Forex for years.
    Not had any delays or major delivery problems and their BB sizes and prices are good.
    Just they let me down once too often with their pick-up info and timing.

Anyway, recently we've used LBC.
    We've always been told that the BB boxes will be loaded on board 1 week after pick-up and delivered to Davao within 40 days.
    That has always been achieved by them.
    (well for us anyway)

Not much help for this Christmas I know, but may be worth a call to see if they operate in your area.

Balikbayan boxes are such a great idea and great service

It did annoyed me much because they cant even drop you an email saying that theres a delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    We've used Forex for years.
    Not had any delays or major delivery problems and their BB sizes and prices are good.
    Just they let me down once too often with their pick-up info and timing.

Anyway, recently we've used LBC.
    We've always been told that the BB boxes will be loaded on board 1 week after pick-up and delivered to Davao within 40 days.
    That has always been achieved by them.
    (well for us anyway)

Not much help for this Christmas I know, but may be worth a call to see if they operate in your area.

Balikbayan boxes are such a great idea and great service
    I think Sir Peter we going to change another courier service. I have heard loads of good feedbacks and reviwes bout LBC so might worth a check. Just so annoyed cos my little girls school xmas party stuffs were there and now its delayed. Disappointing!

I know how you feel Novie, but there are plenty of issues that can cause delays etc.

In many ways that's why I think it's often beneficial to use one of the major players in that business. At least they have wider controls and better access to solutions when problems crop up.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Try LBC next time..box sent to my family last April arrived in Cavite in 6 weeks. Plus their customer service via Facebook is helpful enough in my queries. Their tracking service in their website is not helpful though, but just pop up a tracking question in their FB page and they would respond quick enough We didn't opt to send anything this Christmas as we know it's really a very hectic schedule this time..would just sent a box again by next year
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Try LBC next time..box sent to my family last April arrived in Cavite in 6 weeks. Plus their customer service via Facebook is helpful enough in my queries. Their tracking service in their website is not helpful though, but just pop up a tracking question in their FB page and they would respond quick enough We didn't opt to send anything this Christmas as we know it's really a very hectic schedule this time..would just sent a box again by next year
    Thanks for that rayna! Will surely have a look and inquire in LBC.

I only use LBC for balikbayan boxes
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Novie I'm not defending Belwood, but The delays are not brought about due to the carrier from UK whoever you use. The boxes normally arrive in Manila or Cebu within a few weeks of despatch from UK, the delays are normally caused traveling from whatever port to other Islands and provinces, also bear in mind its two more weeks to Christmas and also lots of damage caused by the recent storm!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Novie I'm not defending Belwood, but The delays are not brought about due to the carrier from UK whoever you use. The boxes normally arrive in Manila or Cebu within a few weeks of despatch from UK, the delays are normally caused traveling from whatever port to other Islands and provinces, also bear in mind its two more weeks to Christmas and also lots of damage caused by the recent storm!!

I used to use Belwood a lot with no issues.. They were the only outfit willing to drop off and pick up boxes in our area in Herts at the time..
    We just received our LBC box which took well over two months to deliver (closer to 3).. My Mother sent the box and tracked it to Cebu over 2/3 weeks before we got the damned thing..
    Cant really blame Bellwood IMO... Not a lot they (or LBC) can do about it .

I realized that things can go wrong and not the way you wanted but I got to move on, still I am hoping it'll reach Christmas. Its better DELAYED than it gets completely lost.

Respected Member vernier caliper's Avatar
    I always use LBC. Box pick-up on Wednesday, loading on Saturday, received in Batangas after 26 days. I agree with Rayna, FB tracking is fast and easy.

sent ours the other day they will get there after xmas sometime, thats what we told the family, it will just make it more exceiting when they do get there, i am just glad that we put some easter eggs in

I used Belwood for years no problem, e-mail or call Lyn she will sort it .

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vernier caliper View Post
    I always use LBC. Box pick-up on Wednesday, loading on Saturday, received in Batangas after 26 days. I agree with Rayna, FB tracking is fast and easy.
    Wow! That's very good!

Not sure who mine is with-it's whoever my local Filipino grocery store use. Last year mine took 7 weeks, but this year I was annoyed with the pick-up as I missed it by 3 hours-they came in an afternoon, when they usually come in the evening. They were meant to come the next weekend, but the driver was off sick, so were then meant to come the next weekend, but didn't again for whatever reason and eventually came the next Wednesday. Because of these delays with the pick-up, there's pretty much no chance of my box arriving before Christmas!

A lot of the time if flying by air your boxes will be delayed because of lack of space in the aircraft hold.

My company send out x amount of cargo to the aircraft expecting it to go as it's well within the limits for the cargo hold. But due to passengers bringing excess baggage they have to cut some of the cargo because passengers baggage comes first. This means we get a truck turn up at our work shortly after the flight has departed returning the cargo that didn't fit onboard. We then have to send it on the next available flight, but then there are no guarantees it will all fit on this time around.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    A lot of the time if flying by air your boxes will be delayed because of lack of space in the aircraft hold.

My company send out x amount of cargo to the aircraft expecting it to go as it's well within the limits for the cargo hold. But due to passengers bringing excess baggage they have to cut some of the cargo because passengers baggage comes first. This means we get a truck turn up at our work shortly after the flight has departed returning the cargo that didn't fit onboard. We then have to send it on the next available flight, but then there are no guarantees it will all fit on this time around.
    Slip - Balikbayan boxes always go by sea

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Slip - Balikbayan boxes always go by sea
    Yeah, that's what I thought. If you think about it, if it was by air, then there would be a certain weight limit per size box

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought. If you think about it, if it was by air, then there would be a certain weight limit per size box
    And at £4.00 per kg or whatever my Mrs would have paid a lot more than the £120 she paid for what seemed like 250kg in 3 x mediums

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    I used Belwood for years no problem, e-mail or call Lyn she will sort it .
    done emailing as well as ringing and texting but its always voicemail on phone and no response on both txt and email. great!

Just found out that mine won't arrive until January! The company is Pacman international.

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    Just found out that mine won't arrive until January! The company is Pacman international.
    Well Pacman got knocked out cold..
    I`d say February..Perhaps March!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Well Pacman got knocked out cold..
    I`d say February..Perhaps March!

Thread Information