Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Smile Honeymoon outside the United Kingdom

Hi....I'm new to this Forum.. Uk citizen, who is waiting for visa to be granted to my Filipina fiancee - who is in Philippines.

Obviously anxious that we are not given a hard time by the Embassy in Manila. However, with faith that the finacee visa will come through soon, we are already getting on with the arrangements for our wedding to take place as soon as possible after fiancee arrives.

One question I would very much like some help with is about the honeymoon..In particular, will my bride, when we are married, be allowed to go on Honeymoon outside the UK?

I've read something about Scwengen visas, but dont see how that could work if newly-marrieds want to go for honeymoon straight or very soon after the wedding.

Does anyone have any answer to what we can do to achieve this? We are thinking of going to Spain, but maybe other destinations - including outside Europe - will be our preference.

Many thanks for any information or pointers!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfoot View Post
    Hi....I'm new to this Forum.. Uk citizen, who is waiting for visa to be granted to my Filipina fiancee - who is in Philippines.

Obviously anxious that we are not given a hard time by the Embassy in Manila. However, with faith that the finacee visa will come through soon, we are already getting on with the arrangements for our wedding to take place as soon as possible after fiancee arrives.

One question I would very much like some help with is about the honeymoon..In particular, will my bride, when we are married, be allowed to go on Honeymoon outside the UK?

I've read something about Scwengen visas, but dont see how that could work if newly-marrieds want to go for honeymoon straight or very soon after the wedding.

Does anyone have any answer to what we can do to achieve this? We are thinking of going to Spain, but maybe other destinations - including outside Europe - will be our preference.

Many thanks for any information or pointers!
    No one will hinder for your plans to go honeymoon, but being a Filipina and having a Philippine passport she will need to get a visa anywhere she go.

hello dragonfoot! i am a filipina and i got married here in the uk and we just had our honeymoon here.i think your wife to be cant go anywhere outside the uk yet she still has to wait until her fiancee visa will be over which wil take 6 months and then afterwards then she will be given a resident permit which by then she can travel with of course she still has to apply for a visa for that particular country.there are certain limitations and rules once she comes here holding a fiancee visa but once that will finish it will be ok but im not sure if when u get married before the 6 months of her fiancee visa she can travel by then.maybe once your both married she can travel already but in my case i arrived here august of last year then we ot married by november of the same year which my fiancee visa is only until january.by december i gave my papers to the embassy for them to let me have a resident permit visa which im holding now and now i can travel already but then again i still have to apply for a visa for any country i go.i advice the both of u just to have your honeymoon here in england to be sure and safe and later on u can have another honeymoon outside england.i think thats the best way to do and my advice to both of you! good luck and may you have a successful marriage life!

You can spend your honeymoon in belfast no problem
    Scot ===>

"The world is all about diversity. I am different and you are different."

Banned
    IF you really want to go on honeymoon in Spain, why not? Your wife can try to apply a schengen visa in Spain Embassy in UK. Who knows she will be granted a visa ! Goodluck ! Have a try ! I tried before and I got it !!!

Thread Information